All things Dundee FC

Good player when fit and glad we had his quality, but all things considered (his 25k p/w wage) a bit of a mercenary. Wish him well at hibs but happy he's off the wage bill. I do think we need to add a holding mid / utility player just to give us something resembling depth until the summer.

Although if hartley can sort a couple of decent PCA's for the summer then I wouldn't grumble.

That's just Dundee all over though as far as I can remember if we had the pick of billy nae feet that hat 1 eye and paper mashe hamstrings or Ronaldinho we'd pick bully nae feet all the time then wish we had a player that wasn't injured all the time

That's just Dundee all over though as far as I can remember if we had the pick of billy nae feet that hat 1 eye and paper mashe hamstrings or Ronaldinho we'd pick bully nae feet all the time then wish we had a player that wasn't injured all the time

Yeah, Hartley just can't pick a player. We're reduced to signing strikers Partick Thistle didn't want. Kane Hemmings was on trial at Firhill in 2013. :P

Anyway, if Thomson hadn't had injury problems he wouldn't have been with us. He'd still be down south. He did a good job for us helping us settle back into the Premiership.

Edited by rambling syd rumpo

Based on the start of the season, we're now down 4 players; luka, Roberts, ferry and Thompson. Surely room on the wage bill for a couple of reinforcements?

I'm only guessing, but I'd have thought that the budget for wages will have been decided with last seasons attendances in mind. Maybe with the lower attendances this year, reducing the wage bill slightly wouldn't be such a bad idea?

I'm only guessing, but I'd have thought that the budget for wages will have been decided with last seasons attendances in mind. Maybe with the lower attendances this year, reducing the wage bill slightly wouldn't be such a bad idea?

Would hope PH will only bring somebody in if it's going to improve the squad, otherwise agree with above. Keep the dosh for next season's squad. And we have the Spanish guy possibly coming.

Hartley saying no more midfielders to be signed, just a striker.

Mistake IMO.

We have a striker with 7 goals already languishing on the bench with Wighton to supplement that - what must Wighton and Loy be thinking?

My priority would be

DM

CH

Winger

In that order.

Mistake IMO.

We have a striker with 7 goals already languishing on the bench with Wighton to supplement that - what must Wighton and Loy be thinking?

My priority would be

DM

CH

Winger

In that order.

Loy was clearly pissed off at the end of the game on Saturday with the amount of game time he got. 4-1 up and cruising and with a game this Friday, Hemmings should of been off earlier and Loy giving a longer run out. Feel sorry for him as he's been decent this year but sadly got him, Hemmings is in great form.

Like you, most see where our problems lie apart from Hartley.

Loy was clearly pissed off at the end of the game on Saturday with the amount of game time he got. 4-1 up and cruising and with a game this Friday, Hemmings should of been off earlier and Loy giving a longer run out. Feel sorry for him as he's been decent this year but sadly got him, Hemmings is in great form.

Like you, most see where our problems lie apart from Hartley.

We have started winning games since Loy has been left out.

Team has more balance now, especially now GGH is playing off the front man than being wasted as a holding midfielder.

Also loving the fact we are much more direct in recent weeks.

Hartley saying no more midfielders to be signed, just a striker.

He also said we had no intention in signing Mcpake two days before he did. Need to hope he's doing the same here, a good game against a poor Thistle side doesn't take away that we've been terrible at times without a DM