All things Dundee FC

Just now, Butters Scotch said:

You are clearly a very sensitive wee soul as some others on here, it doesn't take much to get you boys rattled. 

'Thank you' 

Aye, because it's clearly us that's 'rattled' here chief.

Away and dook fir chips.

It's just that Arab R us fud under a different name is it not?

His posting style smells of the same incredible lack of self awareness...

Edited by Big Gus

1 hour ago, peebles_Dee said:

Max seems to be frozen out. I reckon he will prove the club wrong soon.

By being better than Sylla, McCowan, Cameron or Mulligan who all had a stint at CM tonight?

Can't see it IMO.

Thought we were half decent tonight for about 40 minutes then fell out of it, quite badly really. Their keeper kept them in it, then again so did ours! 2 games in 4 days I suppose but midfield is very short of bodies and LB/LWB still a glaring hole. 

5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

By being better than Sylla, McCowan, Cameron or Mulligan who all had a stint at CM tonight?

Can't see it IMO.

He didn’t even get a warmup. He’d be a good squad player for us. Airdrie and Partick should be after him as he’d suit them perfectly.

3 hours ago, Big Gus said:

It's just that Arab R us fud under a different name is it not?

His posting style smells of the same incredible lack of self awareness...

In @Butters Scotch defence he isn't just a roaster on Dundee threads, his contribution to the TA forum is much the same, if anything he's consistent.

13 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Can't see it IMO.

Think there's a lack of pace in the midfield, with Fin, Cameron and Sylla - unless Mulligan is in there. I'm in favour of playing Mulligan ahead of Cameron as lyalls weaknesses are Josh's strengths IMO (strength, speed, running, control and tackling). Think Sylla with his height, strength and tackling could compliment Josh better than it does Lyall.

May be controversial but I would play Finlay or Josh in central midfield with Sylla and I'd play Cameron further up the pitch nearer mccowan where he can affect the game further forward, and will have cover behind when he is knocked easily off the ball, or loses it due to a poor first touch. 

With Cameron and Sylla in midfield it could work against bottom 6 teams but don't think it's good enough against the better teams. 

Love Fin in the team, he's definitely a tidy player on the ball, but has neither the pace or defensive instincts to play LWB. Sell or loan Anderson. Not good enough for the first team, and at 23 should've been in it by now if he was. 

Also, if a centre back is injured between now and the derby we'll have Graham as our only other squad CB if we stick with the back 3? 

Another CB, CM and LB needed and then I think we'll be okay. 

1 minute ago, LM_0803 said:

May be controversial but I would play Finlay or Josh in central midfield with Sylla and I'd play Cameron further up the pitch nearer mccowan where he can affect the game further forward, and will have cover behind when he is knocked easily off the ball, or loses it due to a poor first touch. 

If what you are suggesting is to play with 2 defensive and 2 attacking midfielders then I agree with you. It would be a 5-4-1. Mulligan wouldn’t play alongside Sylla. I prefer Mulligan to Cameron but Docherty will find a good balance I hope in game time. 

I hope we get another defensive minded centre mid with experience, An experienced CB. An experienced striker and a LB. The experienced signings I’d hope have quality but perhaps not a must to start every game.

13 minutes ago, LM_0803 said:

Think there's a lack of pace in the midfield, with Fin, Cameron and Sylla - unless Mulligan is in there. I'm in favour of playing Mulligan ahead of Cameron as lyalls weaknesses are Josh's strengths IMO (strength, speed, running, control and tackling). Think Sylla with his height, strength and tackling could compliment Josh better than it does Lyall.

With Cameron and Sylla in midfield it could work against bottom 6 teams but don't think it's good enough against the better teams. 

Love Fin in the team, he's definitely a tidy player on the ball, but has neither the pace or defensive instincts to play LWB. Sell or loan Anderson. Not good enough for the first team, and at 23 should've been in it by now if he was. 

Also, if a centre back is injured between now and the derby we'll have Graham as our only other squad CB if we stick with the back 3? 

Another CB, CM and LB needed and then I think we'll be okay. 

Very controversial!! You can’t honestly think that Mulligan’s control is better than Cameron’s? Mulligan also has a touch of Anderson’s head down, can’t look up to see a pass stuff. Cameron struggled with the physical side of the game last season but he’s a brilliant wee footballer. Another CB would surely be a loan with Big Joe and Robertson returning. 

Donnelly and Boateng on loan and Baka and a quality loan deal, let's say Owen Beck mk 2 for LB and I'd be happy with our squad tbh.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Donnelly and Boateng on loan and Baka and a quality loan deal, let's say Owen Beck mk 2 for LB and I'd be happy with our squad tbh.

We don’t need Donnelly. I like him as a player but we have Robertson and Graham

8 hours ago, Der Panzer said:

Just watched DAB highlights.

Very possible we had more at Arbroath than attendance FC had at home. 

Let's not get sucked into a crowd w**k-off with the Jobby Sleeves. 

1 minute ago, Thomohawk said:

Let's not get sucked into a crowd w**k-off with the Jobby Sleeves. 

Just with Butters being here - wanted to talk in his language and see if we can bring him on as a human.

Thank you