All things Dundee FC

Since there's 5 teams in Europe am I right in thinking that the 3 best group winners will be seeded along with the 5 in Europe, leaving the other 5 group winners with the 3 best second placed teams yeah? 

If so, we're only one of 4 teams that can reach 12 points this weekend, and our GD is best of the lot. So a win essentially guarantees a seeded spot in the draw for the last 16. 

made that  a lot harder than it should have been.we seemed to treat it as a pre season friendly while annan treated it as a cup game

job done in the end but well played annan for playing some very good stuff and should really have been 2-1 up...also their keeper had an outstanding game

anyway group winners with a game to spare happy days for once.

12 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Yep, embarassing the people who were saying Robertson could step up at left back/wingback. 

Tonight was a game where it was clear the five at the back wasn't working. When we changed it late on to a back four we started to play the ball alot quicker and Tiffoney was excellent. Cameron had one of those nights where it's clear we need an other option to play in there. 

McGhee isn't suiting being at the centre of the back three, maybe we need to be playing a back four on Saturday and see how that goes. Lots to be improved on, sure we'll see a signing before the weekend too. 

As it goes, it's a great start to the season with it being highly likely we'll be seeded for the next round of the cup which has been sadly missing in many of our seasons past. 

A shout out to Annan who i thought were class at points aswell, played some really good stuff and that Malik Zaid on loan from Hibs looks a prospect.

Thank you. 

Thought it was telling that when we went to the 4 Portales was able to step up with the ball much more readily, and he was comfortable pinging 40 yard diagonals into space. It doesn't happen in the 5 because the WB's are already away up the pitch, and I think it limits him more. Another reason why I think TD has to switch away from the 5 more frequently and more quickly this season than he did last.

10 minutes ago, LM_0803 said:

Since there's 5 teams in Europe am I right in thinking that the 3 best group winners will be seeded along with the 5 in Europe, leaving the other 5 group winners with the 3 best second placed teams yeah? 

If so, we're only one of 4 teams that can reach 12 points this weekend, and our GD is best of the lot. So a win essentially guarantees a seeded spot in the draw for the last 16. 

Yes. Basically any sort of 90 minute win over ICT should see us seeded and avoid the OF, Hearts, Killie etc

13 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Thought it was telling that when we went to the 4 Portales was able to step up with the ball much more readily, and he was comfortable pinging 40 yard diagonals into space. It doesn't happen in the 5 because the WB's are already away up the pitch, and I think it limits him more. Another reason why I think TD has to switch away from the 5 more frequently and more quickly this season than he did last.

We some of our best football last season in a back four. The Sevco home game where Portales and Cameron were outstanding one of them.

For the likes of the Derby it'd be the formation i'd go for personally, but we all know The Doc's favoured choice. It's just clear in some games it's not working. Robertson passing back most of the time doesn't help though but it's not his position so can see why he's playing it safe. 

Thank you. 

Annan were definitely better than Arbroath and Bonnyrigg. Should have and could have been more comfortable than it was. We've hit the woodwork umpteen times this season already and Main missed a few sitters. Still, a good tough work out and 3 points and qualification in the bag.

Love to see us line up v Inverness with Portales Graham as CDF's. Ingram needs to step up a bit, felt he was at fault with his lackadaisical attitude for their goal and needs to be more proactive going forward. I think it's in his locker, just needs to show more of a Beck style attitude if he wants to really make it. LB a priority. Said it before, we need to be going with a back 4 and give the midfield the chance to be in the game, our best against the arse cheeks last season was this way so why not as our basic game-plan. 

Had my doubts about Main pre season. Looks a lot fitter but wtf was that tonight. Thought we looked a lot better with PH and Murray buzzing around. Good to know we have qualified for next round of LC. Still well off where we want to be for derby, a bit more practice at receiving a ball at pace and controlling it without it pinging in the air would be good.

Didn't really think Ingram was at fault as such. It was another example of one of our WB's being left in a 2v1, which happens far too frequently. He chose (correctly IMO) to go with the wider guy and let the guy on the ball cut inside, but there was no CH there to pick him up, and ropey marking in the middle, again.

17 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Boy on TDBF saying Crawley have signed Max Anderson and paid a fee.

That's a bonus.

80s-music.gif.8d6528a6ace721ae3a23e6c453b78fe8.gif

eta. Best of luck to him, good for everyone.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

Apparently we're getting a fee for Max Anderson, who's leaving for Crawley Town? The academy plan working well, but really surprised to hear that we're getting money for him. Wish Anderson all the best, hope he does better down south.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-fc/5044402/max-anderson-english-league-one-dundee-exit/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

All the best to Max, hope he kicks on and makes us a few quid further down the line. 

Tonight should’ve easily been 7 or 8. Ended up a good workout with us pushing for the win late on and having to break down a side that were giving their all and sitting deep. 

Left back and centre half please. 

Apart from the four goalies, we're really at the minimum for the bones of a squad now. All the dead wood gone, so hopefully things will pick up over the next 6 weeks and we'll see a few new faces. Definitely need a full-time, capable LB/LWB as a priority. It's a black hole right now.

The Annan goal really comes from no one pressing or tracking runners. Just shadowing Annan players as they make runs and making it a hell of an easy build up to score. 

That was some sitter off the post their guy had. 

We desperately need a CB with experience. Watching the highlights back and Portales looks lost when he is defending. He is great on the ball but defending not so much. We need to aim to be a possession based team.

14 hours ago, LM_0803 said:

Might get United then , oh no their not gonna get through once Falkirk win on Saturday