All things Dundee FC

46 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

McGhee was solid defensively at RWB, and handy to have an extra CB around at set-pieces, but he offers nothing with the ball going forward, and if you play a full time 3/5/2-5/3/2 your WB's need to be as threatening and creative as wingers for it to really work. When Beck was on the pitch absolutely everything went down our left-hand side, and that makes it much easier for the opponent to defend because they'll pull towards that side as a whole.

Ingram looks quite good against limited opposition so far, so I'm keen to see how he fares against Premier teams. McGhee is a nice option to have, and Mulligan isn't totally lost at WB either, but in reality I'd be much happier if we can find another full-time WB/FB on loan, even better if it's a guy who can cover both sides.

5 league goals last season isn't bad.

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

5 league goals last season isn't bad.

I think that's why TD persisted with McGhee last season and never went after a full-time RWB/FB. Having four CB's on the pitch is a nightmare to defend, and should also be a big help in defending your own box from corners/FK's.

2 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

I think that's why TD persisted with McGhee last season and never went after a full-time RWB/FB. Having four CB's on the pitch is a nightmare to defend, and should also be a big help in defending your own box from corners/FK's.

He definitely still has a place in the squad - versatile enough to cover a range of positions but also gives 100% on the pitch.

I like McGhee - he’s like a slightly better Cammy Kerr - you know when he’s on the park, no matter what position he’s asked to play, he’ll strap the boots on and knock his c**t in for 90 mins. 

Sometimes he’s just not good enough or being asked to do something beyond him, other times he’ll quietly go about his business and do well but likely fly under the radar in doing so. His big plus is that he does seem to chip in with all types of goals out of nowhere at times.

I’d like to be in a place where our first XI is so strong he’s literally a versatile squad player - but at the moment I don’t think we can complain if he starts as there isn’t much in it with him and other squad members. 

Ryan Jack currently catching up his fitness properly to prevent further injuries. He’s been training with Lewis Dunk and Declan Rice. He’s settled in Glasgow with his family so would travel to Dens but he knows a few players and Tony. He’s got options but he’s not rushing as he want the best highest level team possible in Scotland or a move for a good lifestyle abroad.

It feels to me like the Doc is convinced Jack can make a real difference to us this season, and is holding off other targets, waiting for Jack to see if he can get a better offer. I hope he’s right. 

12 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

It feels to me like the Doc is convinced Jack can make a real difference to us this season, and is holding off other targets, waiting for Jack to see if he can get a better offer. I hope he’s right. 

It seems a really high risk strategy to me

Also if he can get a good move abroad to say the MLS or maybe Turkey why wouldn’t he?

Edited by MarkoP

I think if Jack is available it is a no brainer. 

He is very much in the same position as Kevin Thomson was when he signed for us years ago, in that if he didn't have to battle with injuries he would still be playing at a higher level. 

10 hours ago, Der Panzer said:

I like McGhee - he’s like a slightly better Cammy Kerr - you know when he’s on the park, no matter what position he’s asked to play, he’ll strap the boots on and knock his c**t in for 90 mins. 

Sometimes he’s just not good enough or being asked to do something beyond him, other times he’ll quietly go about his business and do well but likely fly under the radar in doing so. His big plus is that he does seem to chip in with all types of goals out of nowhere at times.

I’d like to be in a place where our first XI is so strong he’s literally a versatile squad player - but at the moment I don’t think we can complain if he starts as there isn’t much in it with him and other squad members. 

You need a few players like this at our level so you can invest wisely in other areas. It's one of the reasons I was always happy enough with Cammy and would happily see McGhee start. If you have decent players around them they'll do just fine and occasionally surprise you.

You start to get problems when you field more than two or three of them though. Five or six and you look like jobbers.

3 minutes ago, The Algebraist said:

You need a few players like this at our level so you can invest wisely in other areas. It's one of the reasons I was always happy enough with Cammy and would happily see McGhee start. If you have decent players around them they'll do just fine and occasionally surprise you.

You start to get problems when you field more than two or three of them though. Five or six and you look like jobbers.

Agree with this completely. 

I wasn't having McGhee for a good few seasons and was entirely fine with him being in the squad last season. Why? He had better players around him that let him go about his job quietly. 

I wouldn't have any issues with seeing him in the starting line up nowadays but we seem to have turned the corner in terms of recruitment by realising that we need to constantly look to improve on players and knowing the right ones to let go.

Alright troops. So I've ended up with an extra ticket than I need for Sunday so if there's anyone that hasn't got one yet that is looking feel free to get in touch. Lower fair play concession ticket. Proof can be provided if need be, and even though it says adult on it I definitely paid the concession price, not looking to overcharge here. 

Got three in the jerry kerr so not needing the extra fair play now. 

Can meet at the stadium beforehand on the day of the game. 

Shouldn't have to say it but i will, no arabs allowed 😂

Cheers, Mon the dee💙

4 hours ago, LM_0803 said:

Alright troops. So I've ended up with an extra ticket than I need for Sunday so if there's anyone that hasn't got one yet that is looking feel free to get in touch. Lower fair play concession ticket. Proof can be provided if need be, and even though it says adult on it I definitely paid the concession price, not looking to overcharge here. 

Got three in the jerry kerr so not needing the extra fair play now. 

Can meet at the stadium beforehand on the day of the game. 

Shouldn't have to say it but i will, no arabs allowed 😂

Cheers, Mon the dee💙

Edit - 

Decided to advertise another single concession Fair play lower ticket in addition to the one I posted about earlier (will update further on that one if and when it sells). So I'm now advertising a further concession ticket I bought last week for the FPL, however this one was sent via mail, and has yet to arrive as of today. 

Wanted to gauge interest in the second concession ticket for the derby that I have, providing it arrives in time. (Wasn't wanting to wait for it to arrive for it to be less than a day before the game and for the ticket to go to waste)

Once again, concession ticket in the fair play lower. Says adult on the ticket but looking for 18+2.50 delivery fee on this one. 

Not needed now due to the three JK tix in my possession. 

email proof of purchase can be sent if need be. 

Thank you. 

49 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

Sounds like the training facilities in the original stadium plans were proving to be a major stumbling block with that project. Removing it from the plans will hopefully reduce the number of objections and move the stadium closer to becoming a reality.

Did anyone order tickets for delivery and haven't received them yet? Mine haven't arrived yet so my Dad went into the Dundee shop to see if they could give them. They said to email the email address in the confirmation email.

The guy from Dundee has replied saying I need to go to Tannadice on Sunday to get them reprinted. I can't believe getting tickets can be so difficult!

ETA: clarified that it was Tannadice and he meant Dens. So if anyone hasn't got their tickets through the post you need to go to Dens on Sunday with proof of purchase.

Edited by scthommo

28 minutes ago, scthommo said:

Did anyone order tickets for delivery and haven't received them yet? Mine haven't arrived yet so my Dad went into the Dundee shop to see if they could give them. They said to email the email address in the confirmation email.

The guy from Dundee has replied saying I need to go to Tannadice on Sunday to get them reprinted. I can't believe getting tickets can be so difficult!

ETA: clarified that it was Tannadice and he meant Dens. So if anyone hasn't got their tickets through the post you need to go to Dens on Sunday with proof of purchase.

How can we still be so bad at these things? I'm half expecting the electronic tickets to be a farce on the first league game of the season. Ideally it would have been tested during the league cup but obviously that wasn't possible.

3 hours ago, Dee-lighted said:

Hearts back in for Mulligan.

Celtic make enquiry for Luke.

Burnley Defender and midfielder on loan next week.

Would find both a bit weird. Mulligan seems possible, but I’d imagine neither fan base would be particularly excited by those signings, as much as I love them both at Dens.