All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, peebles_Dee said:

Billy is a big guy but needs to be more commanding and take responsibility for the 2nd goal. Putting your hands up and letting Bowie run past him was pathetic 

Not sure that change from last week really worked. Early days for the big fella. 

Think part of the problem with the defence is that Ingram, Koumetio and Larkeche are all just boys getting their first consistent run of games at this level. Think they are all capable of being good and may all be key players by the end of the season, but until they settle in it’s going to be a bumpy ride

Our attack on the other hand is fantastic and scoring 31 goals in 8 games is ridiculous. Even the OF don’t tend to do that.  Interesting that every team we face is saying that their defence is a shambles.  Either we are getting fortunate to play them right now or they’re seriously underestimating how effective our attackers are.

If you’d told me we’d be unbeaten after an away derby, Hearts at home and Hibs away I’d have never believed it.

12 minutes ago, philpy said:

The wheels on the bus go round...

Oh, they f**king don't 😂😂

eh?

Edit: Ah.

image.thumb.png.5fecfdf1fc262f30bd42b4c378dfb217.png

Didn't this happen last season too? Apparently our driver doesn't know where to park ever.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

13 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

eh?

Edit: Ah.

image.thumb.png.5fecfdf1fc262f30bd42b4c378dfb217.png

Didn't this happen last season too? Apparently our driver doesn't know where to park ever.

I thought it just broke down? It’s professional and the players I guarantee will be pissed off. Spoilt the mood for the players I predict.

I'll get my negatives out of the way quickly - for his first game, Koumetio wasn't too bad. Absolutely dominant in the air, but he was so wasteful with possession, looked to be the weak man in the wall for the first goal and has to be dealing with Bowie better for the second goal. Secondly, I'm not digging Lakerche. There's a player in there but he seems to always fall on his ar*e, second touch is often a tackle and I feel Hibs tried to target his side a wee bit today - certainly with high balls they did.

Right, that's the moans out of my system. What a team, what a manager. I wasn't totally on board with Simon Murray returning but he's an absolute different beast from the Simon Murray that was at Dens earlier in his career. Today was one of his poorer days but he runs and pressurises a back line for 90 minutes and is deadly when the moment requires - can't ask for any more than that.

Sylla is fast becoming one of my all time favourite players. He's just a monster in the midfield. He was by far the best midfielder on the park today IMO. When he's on form, we do well. Probably the most important player in our side

Docherty saying 'We're working hard to keep Luke McCowan.'

He's then asked if it's realistic considering clubs can offer life changing money and Docherty replies, 'It's also a football decision. He's captain, he's at a forward thinking club and he's saw the plans for the new stadium etc and he's a major part of us so we're trying real hard.'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/videos/ce81gzyxr79o

Can't remember the last time I've felt this level of love for Dundee FC.

I think it shows how far we’ve come in just over a year with Doc that we are a bit disappointed we didn’t take more that 5 points from an away derby, Hearts at home and Hibs away.  

As @stu2910 rightly points out our new young defenders are still very much settling in so we should get stronger as the season progresses. 

Sportscene giving us a real lack of credit for the equaliser. Trying to say it’s poor defending when it’s just a fantastic passing move.  Outside of the foot first time pass from McCowan to Portales, then first time pass in an awkward body position into Murray to slide under the keeper.  It’s the usual trope but if that’s De Bruyne > Foden > Haaland no one is calling it poor defending.

Strongest fully fit team

McCracken

Ingram  Portales  McGhee Robertson

Sylla

Cameron          McCowan

SPH                 Murray           Tiffoney 

Koumeito I think wants to be a modern CB who is flashy like Portales but is poor defensively. Sticking legs out and putting hands up is a modern thing. I don’t see where he fits in and personally I prefer Graham. I think Clark Robertson will play LB in a 4. Fin Robertson I can see being our LWB. 

Good options coming of the bench like Main, Mulligan, Fin and new signings.

An experienced LB potentially, a few central players and attacking players needed.

Edited by peebles_Dee

Interested to see what formation and defence we play next game. St Mirren are a threat in the wide areas. I’d play Graham or Astley. Preferably Graham and Robertson at LWB. I don’t rate Larkeche. Robertson is intelligent and great in possession. 

3 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

So is that Charlie Reilly lost his place in the team to Finn Robertson now, even though it's a position that neither of them play?

If you’ve got good defenders and against certain teams then you can play a winger at wingback.