All things Dundee FC

19 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Your young player Seb Lochhead is signing for Wolves today I just seen?

Seems like it.  Simultaneously gutted at the lost potential of a good youth coming through, and not giving two hoots cause I've never seen him play so we might as well be selling the kit man.

5 minutes ago, stu2910 said:

Seems like it.  Simultaneously gutted at the lost potential of a good youth coming through, and not giving two hoots cause I've never seen him play so we might as well be selling the kit man.

Pretty much how I feel as well. The main thing is that Dundee are getting a decent fee and hopefully a sell on clause to go with it. 

I could be wrong but I’m sure part of getting the elite level for youth development also includes having a girls/women’s pathway at the club. 

Can anyone find the selection criteria and Measurable Performance Objectives they use to rank teams at CAS level. I’m drawing a blank.

What is most interesting is that whilst Dundee FC are currently not in the elite level, that recent report suggested we are leading lights in youth players playing in the league - which may indicate that the box ticking of the CAS selection is all well and good, but that you don’t need the badge of “elite” to be effective in youth development.

Let’s be honest what if anything can be described as ‘elite’ that’s being done in terms of youth development by those clubs 

I’d say let Strachan keep giving the SFA the V’s and us be the benefactors of what he’s implementing.

On another topic, a couple posters on TDBF seem to be hinting we’re not finished yet with ins or outs

Was hoping for a quiet day

47 minutes ago, stu2910 said:

Exactly, and when you think of us selling Glen Kamara for 2 Mars bars and a Fruit Shoot to the **** then it does at least sound like a good deal for us.

Just now, peebles_Dee said:

If McCowan stays then we don’t need any more midfielders 

Even if he stays there is 1 coming in anyway I believe. Has always been the plan, interesting to see who it will be tho. 

5 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

All I want is for this thread to stay free of the 'Hot! 🔥' label all day. Post 11pm is fine.

Thank you.

Would be shocked if Hibs don't panic bid £850k at 9.30, only for Dundee to refuse to answer until 10.59 with just "No"

Just now, Girth said:

Worry not mate. I'm sat with Cowser trying to convince him to stay until January. 

football manager GIF by QPR FC

TBH, if he goes for the deal worth at least £1.5m that I have been told, probably better for us than him leaving/pre contract in January.

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

TBH, if he goes for the deal worth at least £1.5m that I have been told, probably better for us than him leaving/pre contract in January.

Good point. I'll tell him to take the £3 million offer.