All things Dundee FC

but he can stay fit
i honestly can't remember having the same back four over 2 games
What about Kieran duffie he got released from Falkirk ?
Spent the last two seasons injured. A big risk.
I'd take the gamble
You were moaning that we should keep players on the last page because 'they can stay fit' but now you want us to sign some dross from Falkirk who has been injured for two years? Fucking hell.

Hope Hartley has seen where we need strengthening and sorted it for next season with the supposed 4 pre-contracts.

Might be he has decided to take the risk this season that we won't go down and is looking to the longer term instead of a stop-gap signing now.

Risky...

What about Kieran duffie he got released from Falkirk ?

Another RB?

As for signings, I'm hoping Hartley focuses on PCA's which is what I thought he would. I'd rather us have more money to play with next season to look to improve rather than this because despite what some of the knickerwetters would have you think, there's no chance we'll be going down.

Considering we spent £100k on Holt this summer and, if, as we all expect at least one of Stewart/Bain is off in the summer for some tidy cash - would a £200k purchase of Greg Tansey be worthwhile?

Admittedly - it'd be money we won't see back - as at 27 it can't be passed off as an 'investment' like Holt's deal could.

I'm not saying Tansey would come near us, I'm just trying to see what people's thoughts are on us spending a little bit of money on that type of player - that we need so badly - even if we receive a tidy amount of incoming cash.

Considering we spent £100k on Holt this summer and, if, as we all expect at least one of Stewart/Bain is off in the summer for some tidy cash - would a £200k purchase of Greg Tansey be worthwhile?

Admittedly - it'd be money we won't see back - as at 27 it can't be passed off as an 'investment' like Holt's deal could.

I'm not saying Tansey would come near us, I'm just trying to see what people's thoughts are on us spending a little bit of money on that type of player - that we need so badly - even if we receive a tidy amount of incoming cash.

If we get say, £750k for Stewart and £1Million for Bain, then yeah, £200k on Tansey wouldn't be a bad bit of business. Definitely adds some guile to the midfield, but who do we replace Stewart with? Hell, who would we replaced Bain with? I don't think Mitchell is up to much and Gourlay is still too young.

If we get say, £750k for Stewart and £1Million for Bain, then yeah, £200k on Tansey wouldn't be a bad bit of business. Definitely adds some guile to the midfield, but who do we replace Stewart with? Hell, who would we replaced Bain with? I don't think Mitchell is up to much and Gourlay is still too young.

Just have three young inexperienced keepers. What could possibly go wrong? 8)

Another RB?

As for signings, I'm hoping Hartley focuses on PCA's which is what I thought he would. I'd rather us have more money to play with next season to look to improve rather than this because despite what some of the knickerwetters would have you think, there's no chance we'll be going down.

Exactly. Although we never strengthened, neither did Killie or Accies who have no chance of catching us due to them being utter shite.

Stop tempting fate!

After I leave these shores next month, I will leave you my lucky boxers to wear to the remaining games this season. This will ensure a comfortable finishing place in the league this season. I will leave you my address to forward them onto once you have finished with them.

Been reading this for months and finally decided to create an account, especially as the seasons getting closer to the end and will be fun to wind that lot up when they go down.

Surely had to buy a cdm. Everyone seen it but hartley. What happens if ross or mcgowan gets banned/injured.

Been reading this for months and finally decided to create an account, especially as the seasons getting closer to the end and will be fun to wind that lot up when they go down.

Surely had to buy a cdm. Everyone seen it but hartley. What happens if ross or mcgowan gets banned/injured.

I'm not one who always screams about playing youngsters but in this case a crisis like both of them being out might actually help as it'd force us to play Curran and/or Colquhoun and hopefully let them show that they have it in them for first team games.

Curran looks like he just needs to improve his gamesmanship and learn how to deal with opponents that will press him high and although I'm not that convinced about Colquhoun, he's got the physique that could handle himself in this league.

Would have liked another player but if Hartley honestly thinks that none were available that would have improved our squad, he'll hopefully be open to giving these guys a chance.