All things Dundee FC

If this season has proved anything, it's that we desperately need a new CDM, better CB, and a better LB.

We're obviously a decent attacking team, but pretty shite defensively. And reading about us bringing in yet more attacking midfielders is infuriating when our defensive frailties go unresolved.

Our defence is shit and has been most of the season.

Have to say a disappointing season overall. We are where we deserve to be in the table and both cups were a failure. Safety from the play off spot is now imperative but I think we're good enough and have a big enough gap for that. Think most fans can see where our failings are in the team, lightweight, too small, poor defensively are posted commonly herethroughout the season and I hope PH can see and address this although a bottom six finish will undoubtedly affect our budget next season so it'll be a case of wait and see I guess!

Too lightweight is a huge issue, we've been bullied out of games again and again this season, and were again today especially in the first half. Hope the Derby is first, they should manage to motivate themselves for that. I have a real fear of losing a couple, certain sods chucking it and we end up with a nightmare bottom six disaster like 10 years ago or whenever it was.

Worse than last season, i thought Hartley was making progress this campaign as well. Let's just put it down as a transitional season. Dinna worry lads you'll not get relegated next season either.

To be fair, last year we just scraped a top six finish and this year we've just missed out on it by a ball hair. I think hearts coming in and taking one of the top six spaces is the only big difference.

I'm disappointed not to have gotten top 6 again, but I think there are definitely some positive signs. The football has been much better this year than last and we're losing less games, it's just a pity we've had so many draws from games we probably should have won on the balance of play.

It is what it is. One or two results have cost us top 6 this year, that missed header from Godzilla at Celtic Park, Billy McKays last minute goal.. We could go on..

I think we can come back stronger next season. We will have learned from mistakes this year and the group will be improved again. The footballs been better and we have definitely sorted ourselves out offensively. We obviously need to tighten up at the back so hopefully that is the focus from now on.

What's best from this situation is that we get another derby. Might be the last one for a while. We should have destroyed them last time around but for a questionable sending off (but definite penalty before the dabs start). We should tare them a new one and resign our wee neighbours to the lower leagues. #Doon

The biggest problem, beyond all others is at CH. We have 5, 6 if you include Meggat and there's not a one of them half decent.

If we are going to progress at all this has to be rectified.

Agree, a commanding centre half and a b*****d of a defensive midfielder, preferably six foot plus

Reading on the other forum that Scott Bain was having a go at the fans at HT and FT? Not the first time I've seen him have a go at the fans tbf, has done it quite a few times to individuals in the Cox (He's usually been right to do so). I take it, it was because of the boos or was there an actual incident?

I think keepers get the worst abuse, there was a twat beside me at Letherens last game (the derby where he flogged a goal) giving him a load of shite, and he heard every word, the idiot forgot that Letheren was the guy that made a wonder save to win us the league a few months before. It was a sad goodbye for Kyle. IMO.

Reading on the other forum that Scott Bain was having a go at the fans at HT and FT? Not the first time I've seen him have a go at the fans tbf, has done it quite a few times to individuals in the Cox (He's usually been right to do so). I take it, it was because of the boos or was there an actual incident?

Because of the boos, I believe. I never heard anything specifically directed at him.

His, Bains, distribution today was keech but saved us a couple of times, in the 1st half. The save from MaKinnons(?) header in particular was befitting of an internationalist GK.

If we don't get to relegate the dabs then I will be distraught with this season.

f**k the euros.

I assume the Jags will get a guard of honour for beating the Fruit Loops three times in the league this season?

8)

In Fact, I want in the Derry for the Dees vs Jags game.

PM for details

I assume the Jags will get a guard of honour for beating the Fruit Loops three times in the league this season?

8)

In Fact, I want in the Derry for the Dees vs Jags game.

PM for details

Better off coming to the derry for the derby 8)