All things Dundee FC

No, not 'pressing' game. Their extremely quick, direct, kick and rush. Yes, I believe he'll start two sitting in, probably Thomson and McBride, with Harkins, Stewart and McGowan.

They don't play kick and rush though. They play a pressing game and aren't too bad in possession. It will be a tough one.

I read Anderson and Sally book TripCode. Very interesting. I agree about the ball being important. If we can pass it on Saturday to the required pace we'll do well.

We will need to do a lot more than pass at the required pace... which suggests to me that you haven't read it. Hamilton can actually play some good football at times. I think it's refreshing that they're top.

We will need to do a lot more than pass at the required pace... which suggests to me that you haven't read it. Hamilton can actually play some good football at times. I think it's refreshing that they're top.

With all due respect trippy we are playing Hamilton not Real Madrid. They've had a good start and are on a high but we don't need to go reading a football thesis to compete with them.

I hope Hartley and the squad give them the respect they actually deserve rather than the over the top respect you are affording them.

Our home form and their away form don't make great reading in the build up to this but it's 11v11 and their 11 is almost identical to the team we never lost to last year.

Keep the faith man!

No, not 'pressing' game. Their extremely quick, direct, kick and rush.

It's apparent that there's beef between Dundee and Hamilton fans, but describing them as a long-ball team is off the mark.

Bain McGinn Konrad McPake Irvine McAllister ThomsonMcGowan Harkins Stewart ClarksonMore than enough to see off the Accies, and see a big travelling support to Killie.

I would probably keep the same team as saturday. McBride deserves another chance after his performance against Motherwell.

I would probably keep the same team as saturday. McBride deserves another chance after his performance against Motherwell.

I love how Kevin McBride looks like the happiest man in the planet any time we score.

Derry'd oot his nut that boy.

DIdn't we have this "long ball" discussion about the Ross County team that ran away with the 1st Division a few seasons ago? Their style was to hit diagonal balls into the channels for McMenamin, with the supporting midfielders flooding forward. It was hardly tiki taka, but neither was it hoofball. Nobody in the division came close to dealing with it when County got their game working properly, which was most of the time, so they'd have been stupid to vary their approach.

If long ball means anything it's hoofing the ball up in the air so the strikers can battle for it. If we discount wildly clearing from defence then other long balls are usually long, aimed passes, which require considerable skill to work well. Calling that "long ball" is pretty meaningless. It's far more difficult and entertaining than passing the ball sideways around in midfield because no-one has the ability or vision to pull the defence out of position and make a penetrating pass. When we were in Div1/Championship the possession stats were often polntless in our games because we'd let teams pass the ball around in areas that didn't worry us then do them real harm quickly when we got the ball.

Btw possession stats are usually meaningless. Where's the value in a metric that treats a goal and a misplaced pass the same? Both give possession to the opposition.

I love how Kevin McBride looks like the happiest man in the planet any time we score.

Derry'd oot his nut that boy.

Aye he looked fairly chuffed after the first and third goal on Saturday. In the games he's played this season, he's offered a hell of a lot more than Ferry has.

Aye he looked fairly chuffed after the first and third goal on Saturday. In the games he's played this season, he's offered a hell of a lot more than Ferry has.

I don't think we use Ferry that effectively tbf. If we need a holding midfielder then it's got to be McBride.

I've been disappointed with Ferry tbh. Not really sure what type of midfielder he's supposed to be, he doesn't seem to have the composure on the ball that Thomson/McBride have, doesn't have the same drive, fitness and work rate as McAlister and isn't going to create as much as Harkins and McGowan do.

Edited by DundeeFC92

With all due respect trippy we are playing Hamilton not Real Madrid. They've had a good start and are on a high but we don't need to go reading a football thesis to compete with them.

I hope Hartley and the squad give them the respect they actually deserve rather than the over the top respect you are affording them.

Our home form and their away form don't make great reading in the build up to this but it's 11v11 and their 11 is almost identical to the team we never lost to last year.

Keep the faith man!

I have the faith! Dinnae worry. I think we'll win v Hamilton but I quite like the fact they're top(even though I wish it was us). Well done to them. No they don't have any galacticos but they're not a long ball, kick and rush team either.