All things Dundee FC

Great to see the seething permadiddies out in force as usual when something is happening at Dundee.

Often fans of clubs with a sectarian element themselves keen to tar everyone with their brush. Good examples being killie who are essentially the rangers without the bus fare. the mouthpiece craigkillie basically saying every club in Scotland has a sectarian problem as at least 1 of their fans will think a sectarian thought at some point.

Then you have Cowdenbeath fans with Donald Findlay as their public face... Oh dear.

Not really sure of the motives with this dunfermline roaster however. Probably just looking for a big team to follow now.

When Dundee Utd fans (even granny danger) are defending the Dundee support on this you start to realise there is no problem. The city of Dundee does not have this problem so kindly keep us out of any of this pish going forward.

As far as I am led to believe there was a large dairy (DPM....?) the other side of Dens Road from the SE. So the SE became known as the DAIRY, which has become b*****dised over time to; the DERRY.

Most likely due to our glorious dialect.

I knew this already bud. There was some people saying "how can you pretend there's no problem with sectarianism when a stand is called the Derry" and I really don't understand. Thought Derry was perhaps a derogatory term for something? Don't see where they're coming from.

Never mind the Derry, Why do Dundee fans call the other "home" stand "The Shankill"?

Ken and, this will really twist your noodle, I watch the game from the bogside (of the) Derry. Those that Ken, Ken. Ken?

I'd go for Simon Stainrod's Fedora stand or Boaby Glennies teckle enclosure.

If "The Derry" was a sectarian term, and if Dundee were a sectarian protestant team, and if Dundee Utd were their sectarian Catholic rivals (being formerly Dundee HIbernian)...

Then surely it would be called "The Londonderry" rather than the Republican "Derry"?

And surely Dundee Utd wouldn't play in orange? I know of Protestants (in the loosest, most bigoted mindless sense) who stone green traffic lights etc, why would a bigot be happy for their Catholic team to play in orange?

I never understood the accusations of bigotry levelled at football in Dundee. Anything used as an accusation always seems either confused like the above, or just pales against other better-founded accusations.

***Obvious caveate about bad fans obviously being bad - that's a problem for 'society', stewards, fellow fans etc to address. Its not endemic or particular to Dundee FC, or the majority of clubs, and so not a problem for them in particular to address. Which is why the article seems shite to me***

Edited by dingdong1929