All things Dundee FC

No, I'm wondering why a Kilmarnock fan would follow any club other than Kilmarnock.

I don't give a f**k about the day-to-day happenings at other clubs. I take a mild interest if something of note is happening but not enough to warrant following them on social media.

I follow pretty much all Scottish clubs on social media 'cos I like to keep up to date with what's going on.

Using your logic people should just cover their ears and go "lalalalalalala" when ever a 'foreign' news story appears on their tele at 6pm.

I follow pretty much all Scottish clubs on social media 'cos I like to keep up to date with what's going on.

Using your logic people should just cover their ears and go "lalalalalalala" when ever a 'foreign' news story appears on their tele at 6pm.

That would be using my logic if my logic were "ignore anything and everything that isn't directly relevant to me or my interest".

Hint: that wasn't my logic.

If even one member of your support uses that sort of language, I would class that as a problem. By saying they don't have a problem, I believe Dundee FC are claiming that none of their fans use sectarian language, which is almost certainly nonsense. It may be a very small minority who do, but that doesn't mean it should be ignored.

When was the last time a Dundee supporter attending a game at Dens, from the South Enclosure was arrested for sectarianism?

He's meaning a song similar to the one his clubs owner regularly belts out but with the actual sectarianism stripped out from it.

Which is strange because if we were sectarian and leant in the direction of that song, we would surely call the stand "The Londonderry".

Cowden til i die, on 09 Oct 2014 - 15:26, said:

I don't need to name one but thanks. It's clear to everyone you have a sectarian problem. Was the Sash sung as well?

For your information he's not our owner Ludo - I've missed your constant mistakes and general stupidness.

Oh, he's not your owner? I'm sorry, you're just too irrelevant to know these things. Back to the Championship forum you go. Thanks for Greg Stewart.

When was the last time a Dundee supporter attending a game at Dens, from the South Enclosure was arrested for sectarianism?

I don't know. That's the sort of information your club should have been providing in their statement. "Our support has an excellent record in this respect, and there have been no arrests in the last X years for sectarian offences" would have been a good way of refuting the newspaper's claims.

Instead, they went for a statement which is unprovable and probably untrue.

Here's a better article from the Courier:

The national manager of Georgia, Temuri Ketsbaia, took time out from his country’s preparations for their Euro 2016 qualifier against Scotland to visit his old stomping ground at Dens Park.

The 44-year-old spent much of the 2001-2002 season with Dundee and the club still holds a special place in his heart.

He admitted that he would now like nothing more than for the present-day Dark Blues to consolidate their position in the Premiership and then kick on to win some silverware.

Ketsbaia, who also played for Newcastle and Wolves, said: “I was five years in this country but I would say I played my best football in Britain at Dundee. I was made to feel I was an important player to the club and this helped me to play my best football.

“I also scored a few goals and I really enjoyed it.

“I had a great season and it was sad that I couldn’t stay for another year as unfortunately I injured my knee playing for the national team.

“It was difficult for me to come back and play here but it is now nice to return to the area where I played before. I hope the club continues to grow, do well and hopefully win some trophies.

“They started well this season but your first year back in the Premiership, you just have to ensure you stay in the league.

“I don’t think it will be a problem for Dundee to do it and after that they can build slowly — you cannot build a team in one year.

“The fans are coming out in big numbers. When you get good results, they will come more and more.”

When Ketsbaia was at Dens, there was a real international flavour to the team with the likes of Juan Sara, Fabian Caballero and Beto Carranza in the squad.

However, when he was asked who the big characters were in the dressing-room, he did not hesitate to name two Scots, skipper Barry Smith and striker Steven Milne.

He said: “Barry our captain was a big character. Where is he now?”

When told that Smith is currently boss of Alloa, Ketsbaia said: “A manager, very good. Barry was a great character and a very nice guy on and off the pitch. I wish him all the best.

“Steven Milne was also a good lad and it is great that so many of the team continue to be involved in football.”

Ketsbaia was a big fans’ favourite during his time with Dundee but he is still irked that he missed out on a clean sweep of nominations for player of the year to one of those “big characters” in the dressing-room.

He said: “We went to some of the different supporters’ club player of the year dinners.

“I don’t know how many nominations I got but I missed only one. It went to Milne. You see I remember that — I got them all apart from one!

“But it was nice to receive the recognition from the fans.”

I don't need to name one but thanks. It's clear to everyone you have a sectarian problem. Was the Sash sung as well?

For your information he's not our owner Ludo - I've missed your constant mistakes and general stupidness.

You don't need to prove you're not lying? Is that what you're saying? Well, you do actually.

I don't know. That's the sort of information your club should have been providing in their statement. "Our support has an excellent record in this respect, and there have been no arrests in the last X years for sectarian offences" would have been a good way of refuting the newspaper's claims.

If there's not a problem why would they need to reel out stats? Of course there's not going to be any arrests.

craigkillie, on 09 Oct 2014 - 15:33, said:

You're making a mountain out of a molehill regarding the statement.