All things Dundee FC

Arabs are absolutely seething because the Police have never been on their case about being too mental. Even with all their throwing of ticker tape, card displays and other look-at-us activities they will never better The Derry.

True stories are always the funniest.

f**k DCT

f**k the DABS

f**k the Police

Derry Rhumba ya c***s

Edited by DEEJANGO

Statement from the club regarding courier:

All at Dundee Football Club were shocked to read the unfounded allegations of sectarian chanting within the home end, as erroneously reported by the local press on Wednesday.

Use of sectarian language is something the club takes very seriously. As such we are able to confirm that there is no such problem within the support at Dens Park.

For the overall enjoyment of the game we always want our supporters to be cognisant of their surroundings, with safety amongst our support always the priority.

Our supporters have been excellent this season, turning out in large numbers and backing the team. The board of directors, staff and team are proud to have the best fans in football.

We look forward to enjoying a successful and enjoyable season.

Didn't take long for a roaster to appear on Twitter replying to the club statement (why does a Killie fan follow DFC anyway?):

@craig_killie

@dundeefconline How are you able to prove that you have no problem? Do you have evidence that not one member of your support is sectarian?

Same craig_killie from here perhaps? Complete failure of logic in any case.

Didn't take long for a roaster to appear on Twitter replying to the club statement (why does a Killie fan follow DFC anyway?):

It is the very same I believe. What a tragic retort from him.

Dundee FC said "we are able to confirm that there is no such problem within the support at Dens Park". I don't think that's true for any football club in the country - every single support will have a small element of bigots (no doubt of varying sizes depending on the club). Dundee are leaving themselves open to be made to look very silly when even one such bigot gets involved in some form of sectarian behaviour at a game in the future.

I'm not sure why they couldn't just have said something along the lines of "we have no evidence of any sectarian behaviour within our support at any matches this season". That would make it clear that they don't think there is a widespread problem at Dens Park without attempting to speak for every single member of their support.

Dundee FC said "we are able to confirm that there is no such problem within the support at Dens Park". I don't think that's true for any football club in the country - every single support will have a small element of bigots (no doubt of varying sizes depending on the club). Dundee are leaving themselves open to be made to look very silly when even one such bigot gets involved in some form of sectarian behaviour at a game in the future.

You need to look up the definition of "problem".

I'm not sure why they couldn't just have said something along the lines of "we have no evidence of any sectarian behaviour within our support at any matches this season". That would make it clear that they don't think there is a widespread problem at Dens Park without attempting to speak for every single member of their support.

bunk-the-wire.gif

Are you trying to say that because of who I am I'm not allowed to follow your club? Sounds eerily familiar...

What has any of this got to do with you anyway?

Are you trying to say that because of who I am I'm not allowed to follow your club? Sounds eerily familiar...

No, I'm wondering why a Kilmarnock fan would follow any club other than Kilmarnock.

I don't give a f**k about the day-to-day happenings at other clubs. I take a mild interest if something of note is happening but not enough to warrant following them on social media.

They think it isn't a problem within our support. Which is true.

If even one member of your support uses that sort of language, I would class that as a problem. By saying they don't have a problem, I believe Dundee FC are claiming that none of their fans use sectarian language, which is almost certainly nonsense. It may be a very small minority who do, but that doesn't mean it should be ignored.