All things Dundee FC

Right I really think this is all getting to be a bit of a storm in a teacup.

Column inches for the sake of it. I've not read the article but I'll hedge my bets and say that it's a minimum of 80% bullshit.

As far as football goes, (most other things too) DCT are culpable for extremely lazy journalism.

If you ask the right person, the right question in the right way; you can get a 'quotable' answer that will fit the story.

Personally I like the fact we have a daft section and I think it gives us a bit of character and atmosphere.

Fair enough on occasion there will be some who take it too far and they should be punted, if it's a multiple offender then they should be banned for a number of games suitable to the infraction.

The police won't revoke the safety license, all this is, is a prelude to raising our policing costs so they can line their own pockets.

What is DCTs agenda? This comes on the back of their pathetic expose of the casual (lol) scene in Dundee last week.

There were as many people at dens on Saturday, and at tannadice most weeks, as there are people living in a town the size of brechin. Within that environment so people will be drunk, some will be racists and some will be homophobic. It's not acceptable but it is not unique to football or Dundee fc.

If anything my experience of football is it is the place that racist comments are most likely to be challenged.

What is DCTs agenda? This comes on the back of their pathetic expose of the casual (lol) scene in Dundee last week.

There were as many people at dens on Saturday, and at tannadice most weeks, as there are people living in a town the size of brechin. Within that environment so people will be drunk, some will be racists and some will be homophobic. It's not acceptable but it is not unique to football or Dundee fc.

If anything my experience of football is it is the place that racist comments are most likely to be challenged.

Think their paper's are dying so they are desperate for scandal and sensationalised events for click-bait. Sad times.

Lot of sweeping going on here. The article in question is in regards to Dundee, not united. If and when an article appears which paints us in the same light, i will gladly make an appropriate comment

Twinkle, on 08 Oct 2014 - 12:25, said:

Lot of sweeping going on here. The article in question is in regards to Dundee, not united. If and when an article appears which paints us in the same light, i will gladly make an appropriate comment

Shut yer DAB puss with yer pish trolling.

My head well and truly went when I read that article his morning. I composed an email to the editor on the back of it asking for the proof of this sectarian and racist chanting. These are both criminal offences and for them to present it as fact with no back up is disgusting.

I also asked further questions about racist chanting at Tannadice RE Morgaro Gomis and the serious incidinces of football violence at Tannadice which occurs whenever an Eastern European team come calling and any coverage they gave these. It was a seething mess of an email!

The club really need to come up with a statement here but I've no great confidence that they will. 1 Dundee fan made a disgusing comment about Eddie Thompson and the club issued an official apology within a couple of hours, now a whole section of our support is being targeted by the local media with blatant lies and the club need to step up.

Yeah I was at that game. We played a similar game v Peterhead and it was totally different. Yes, there's a danger of being exposed. And, of course, much responsibility placed on the wing backs. If there's too much space then the left and right midfielders, in the diamond, need to close it and move wider.

Given that standard of opposition I would expect it to be different! You're right though, it does place extra emphasis on the two 'wide' midfielders in the diamond. If they're doing their job then the full backs won't be as exposed. A lot to ask though IMO for them to provide adequate cover and create chances. The only two players with the legs and energy to play those positions are McAllister and McGowan.

^^^ thinks if something's printed in a newspaper it must be true.

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/news/local/dundee/dundee-united-groundsman-admits-sexual-assault-at-tannadice-1.143402

Beasts.