All things Dundee FC

dd23, on 04 Oct 2014 - 19:47, said:

Do you ever feel that he's likely to score? He works really hard and he has quality that's true but there has to be an end product more than what is showing at the moment. I think that sums up the way we are as a team now in general

He has the shot of a three year old child. That's the thing letting him down from truly being one of the best in the league outwith Celtic.

He has the shot of a three year old child. That's the thing letting him down from truly being one of the best in the league outwith Celtic.

He has that shot because of his physical make up, he put McAllister right in the shite at the derby when the game was still there to be won. I don't doubt his quality but he loses out physically again and again and has to move the ball faster. He is what he is but he thinks he is a foot taller and a stone heavier.

He has that shot because of his physical make up, he put McAllister right in the shite at the derby when the game was still there to be won. I don't doubt his quality but he loses out physically again and again and has to move the ball faster. He is what he is but he thinks he is a foot taller and a stone heavier.

I've got some spare he can have. I can probably slip him a couple of inches too :o

Defeats to the dabs and dons are frustrating but the loss like the one to Ross are the ones that really concern me. Our next game is again against a team like Ross that appears to be struggling and a chance to get something. Lose that and a confident Hammies up next then I will be rather worried.

Except us beating your shite mob? K then.

As you like to remind us... Last time you had a holiday up here with the big boys you beat us twice. You still finished 12th though.

As you like to remind us... Last time you had a holiday up here with the big boys you beat us twice. You still finished 12th though.

Dundee go on a losing streak and shitbags like yourself show up on again on our threads. Where were you for the past 5/6 weeks?

You will piss off again soon enough when we start picking up points again and your wee lucky streak runs out.

Lex the shitebag.

Dundee go on a losing streak and shitbags like yourself show up on again on our threads. Where were you for the past 5/6 weeks?

You will piss off again soon enough when we start picking up points again and your wee lucky streak runs out.

Lex the shitebag.

Harsh..........but fair.

Trying to look positively at the last couple of weeks, it's not all bad.

The only game we lost by a large amount was the first one, against UTD. And that included at least 2 really soft goals. We could have won the second game if things had gone our way. At least we played a lot better. Against Ross and Aberdeen, again we've just been beaten and given away poor goals from a defensive point of view.

But we've had injuries and suspensions, especially defensive (am including Thomson in that as holding mid). The team has been unsettled over this whole period.

What's a little frustrating is that we're still unsure what our best strike force is.

I would have loved to go into the international break, on the back of a win but I think we will finally see Kevin Thomson and Willie Dyer back v Motherwell, with that game being a crucial test.

We need to tighten up in defence, that's clear but a few weeks of a settled midfield and attack should help us get back on the right track again. I'm a big fan of KT... he really does have it all. Great tackler and positional sense plus an excellent passer, not only in linking play but also in valuable, creative, forward through balls... something we've been lacking. Also brings composure, energy and leadership.

Also 8th isn't that bad for this stage in the season.

McGowan isn't playing well? Fúck right off. He's been immense.

Agree 100%. Don't really understand why he is being held responsible because he can't do everything alone and needs help from his team mates. Hopefully, once the injured guys are back, he gets a lot more freedom.

Agree 100%. Don't really understand why he is being held responsible because he can't do everything alone and needs help from his team mates. Hopefully, once the injured guys are back, he gets a lot more freedom.

Yes, McGowan has been our best midfielder and also the most consistent. Apart from McPake, McGinn...Letheren, McGowan is one of the first names on the team sheet.

I'm not overly concerned. Every team has poor spells, just unfortunate that we've played United and Aberdeen so close together, which were always going to be tough matches, and ones that we were unlikely to win either way. Ross County was a poor result, but shit happens! As long as we don't hit panic stations and do anything stupid, we'll come good again.

Must admit, not sure on Clarkson. He looked a bit of a pish battering ram to me tbh. He's slow and doesn't have the greatest first touch. Think we'd be better off with Peaso up front long term (well not long term, but you know what I mean). Accept that I could easily be proved wrong though!

Lex the shitebag.

He is a Shitebag.

He's stayed off the Killie posts now that we're doing well.

Trying to look positively at the last couple of weeks, it's not all bad.

The only game we lost by a large amount was the first one, against UTD. And that included at least 2 really soft goals. We could have won the second game if things had gone our way. At least we played a lot better. Against Ross and Aberdeen, again we've just been beaten and given away poor goals from a defensive point of view.

But we've had injuries and suspensions, especially defensive (am including Thomson in that as holding mid). The team has been unsettled over this whole period.

What's a little frustrating is that we're still unsure what our best strike force is.

I would have loved to go into the international break, on the back of a win but I think we will finally see Kevin Thomson and Willie Dyer back v Motherwell, with that game being a crucial test.

We need to tighten up in defence, that's clear but a few weeks of a settled midfield and attack should help us get back on the right track again. I'm a big fan of KT... he really does have it all. Great tackler and positional sense plus an excellent passer, not only in linking play but also in valuable, creative, forward through balls... something we've been lacking. Also brings composure, energy and leadership.

Also 8th isn't that bad for this stage in the season.

Dunno why you keep banging on about Kevin Thomson. He's played about 5 mins this season and will probably only play about 5 more. It's the other boys that have got us where we are.

We've been beaten by better sides so far and a Ross County side who decided to play well for the first time this season against a Dundee side who were fucked after playing 65 mins or whatever with 10 men in midweek.

The boys we've got deserve credit rather than Thomson sitting on the injury table. If he doesn't kick another ball all season we'll still be alright.

Must admit, not sure on Clarkson. He looked a bit of a pish battering ram to me tbh. He's slow and doesn't have the greatest first touch. Think we'd be better off with Peaso up front long term (well not long term, but you know what I mean). Accept that I could easily be proved wrong though!

Clarkson presses the defence where Tankulic doesn't. I like Peaso and I would start him but I think he's more of an impact sub.

If I'm being honest, we need someone a hell of a lot better than the three of them.

Dunno why you keep banging on about Kevin Thomson. He's played about 5 mins this season and will probably only play about 5 more. It's the other boys that have got us where we are.

We've been beaten by better sides so far and a Ross County side who decided to play well for the first time this season against a Dundee side who were fucked after playing 65 mins or whatever with 10 men in midweek.

The boys we've got deserve credit rather than Thomson sitting on the injury table. If he doesn't kick another ball all season we'll still be alright.

Yeah I'm not criticising the players that have got us to 8th. Am making the point that we should push on when our injured players come back in. But they will have to play their way back in too...

Clarkson presses the defence where Tankulic doesn't. I like Peaso and I would start him but I think he's more of an impact sub.

If I'm being honest, we need someone a hell of a lot better than the three of them.

Agree, I never feel that defences feel any threat from Tank. He doesn't impose himself. That's why I'd have a forceful finisher and an intelligent link player like Wighton (who can also bang em in) in attack.