All things Dundee FC

"Sheep shagging b*****ds, we know you said no" should be the chant from the Derry.

Though you'll all no doubt be otherwise engaged with the Teckletadger version.

We can sing both. Well talented at the singing us likes.

Any chance of line-ups from tonights Dev. Squad game?

Trying to work it out from pics, but too tired/lazy and don't know enough of the youth players.

Just for you:

Ross County: James McLeod, Jim Fenlon, Rosario Latouchant, Jordi Balk, Tim Dressen, James Beeston, Scott Ferries, Connor Lyall, Kyle McLeod, Tony Dingwall, Steven Ross. Subs: Danny McCarthy, Steven Miller, Tom McLennan, Sam Morrison, Ross McKillop, Greg Morrison.

The main letter in the Tele is the oft mooted 'why can't Dundee reopen the corner turnstiles on the junction of dens road and provost road and reintroduce a standing area at Dens blah blah some pish about regulations meaning they could'. In fact was it not our own bold tripllz opening gambit on his self perceived football wisdom not along these lines?

Anyway official reply is the same thing I've explained to Derry dreamer types for ages. The costs to renovate and bring everything like the stairs etc up to standard in that corner before you consider the running cost of staff and more policing far outweigh the revenue a small number of fans who could stand there would bring in.

Any chance of line-ups from tonights Dev. Squad game?

Trying to work it out from pics, but too tired/lazy and don't know enough of the youth players.

Just for you:

Ross County: James McLeod, Jim Fenlon, Rosario Latouchant, Jordi Balk, Tim Dressen, James Beeston, Scott Ferries, Connor Lyall, Kyle McLeod, Tony Dingwall, Steven Ross. Subs: Danny McCarthy, Steven Miller, Tom McLennan, Sam Morrison, Ross McKillop, Greg Morrison.

Cheers! Run out of greenies, so you can get a saucy thankyou instead :

ziva-david-thanks-gif.gif

Disappointingly that's not that bad a team we put out... ho hum.

Big Gus, on 01 Oct 2014 - 15:25, said:

The main letter in the Tele is the oft mooted 'why can't Dundee reopen the corner turnstiles on the junction of dens road and provost road and reintroduce a standing area at Dens blah blah some pish about regulations meaning they could'. In fact was it not our own bold tripllz opening gambit on his self perceived football wisdom not along these lines?

Anyway official reply is the same thing I've explained to Derry dreamer types for ages. The costs to renovate and bring everything like the stairs etc up to standard in that corner before you consider the running cost of staff and more policing far outweigh the revenue a small number of fans who could stand there would bring in.

I don't get the type who want to extend the stand all along trackside either. Sure it'd look better, but it'd dilute the Derry's atmosphere by quite a bit and would then just be people sitting in a crumbling old stand for no real reason.

Would be a waste of money at moment IMO

Yeah I was joking but think a steeply tiered, half stand, anchored at the half way line, would work at some point in the future. Definitely not now. Would give maybe 5k capacity, height and great views due to it being central.

tripc0de, on 01 Oct 2014 - 18:12, said:

Nothing come of the idea to transfer the home fans in the Cox, over to the Shankly? Thought that was a good one.

E-mail the club and suggest it, nothing is going to come from an idea just mooted on a discussion forum without other stuff happening.

E-mail the club and suggest it, nothing is going to come from an idea just mooted on a discussion forum without other stuff happening.

Thought someone else might have done this but yeah, why not. I have Steve Martin's email address so will give him a shout. Better idea than the cardboard cut out one.

Thought someone else might have done this but yeah, why not. I have Steve Martin's email address so will give him a shout. Better idea than the cardboard cut out one.

Think he will be deleting that one pretty quick trippy.

Why would the club want away fans walking through the home fans before and after the game?

Then you also have the Police to convince it's a great idea, because 'the team will walk out to their own support'.

A good idea that it is, I doubt it'll ever come to fruition permanently.

This already happens.

I was in Shed for derby, and the backing for the team was superb for 90 minutes. Dens is sometimes like a morgue for home games. Moving home fans to Shankly would help this in my opinion.

This already happens.

I was in Shed for derby, and the backing for the team was superb for 90 minutes. Dens is sometimes like a morgue for home games. Moving home fans to Shankly would help this in my opinion.

Fully agree. Main stand is too far away from the pitch and has the wrong fans in it. Bobby cox is too far away from either neighbouring stand and the Derry is in isolation from everything other than the often larger away support (cat A games).

Can't believe I'm saying it, but tannadice is far superior for atmosphere.

Fully agree. Main stand is too far away from the pitch and has the wrong fans in it. Bobby cox is too far away from either neighbouring stand and the Derry is in isolation from everything other than the often larger away support (cat A games).

Can't believe I'm saying it, but tannadice is far superior for atmosphere.

The club should consider this, as a better home atmosphere would help the team, and make for a better match day experience for the fans.

Why would the club want away fans walking through the home fans before and after the game?

Then you also have the Police to convince it's a great idea, because 'the team will walk out to their own support'.

A good idea that it is, I doubt it'll ever come to fruition permanently.

Yes, I think away and home fans already walk through each other. At the derby there was lots of integration.

It's also about linking up the SE with the Shankly and having a 5k block of home fans...