All things Dundee FC

So is phil Roberts playing shite already?

Shite would be too strong, he was a bit uncommitted in a Dundee derby that we lost on the back of a Dundee derby that we lost so some of the Dundee fans expected him to be a bit more 'competitive'. He's not the finished article yet, as he wasn't with you guys when I saw him play but he's not thrown a massive strop yet and he's had some good performances. Could still go either way I think but if he learns to keep the heid he'll have a career as a professional footballer at some level.

Suggest you both read the book 'the numbers game' by Anderson and Sally then you might know a bit more about football.

Tripper, I've played and watched the game all my days. I don't need to read a fucking book to understand the game. Saying stuff like "the ball is the fastest player on the pitch" is the sort of clichéd, pretentious pish an under 8s coach who has just done his first coaching badge and suddenly thinks he's Carlo Ancelloti would come out with.

If all you need are passers of the ball, where would a team of ten Kevin McBrides get you?

Who's over-rating Boyler and Roberts anyway? I haven't seen anyone saying they're world beaters. I'd definitely rather have them on the wing than a good passer of the ball like Kevin McBride or Kevin Thomson.

Sake, Tripper.

Poor wee St Mirren, they lie broken and sinking

The funniest thing is the speed of their fall, faster than Old Tommy's wrinkling

The words of the past which were screamed from the Paisley mast

Coming back to bite them to the joy of the P&B cast

Lexy is missing, and AberdeenBud is in mourning

We told you boys, you didn't take the warning

All that is left is to thank Tommy C

For what a joy he is giving every p&b Dee

The Highlanders struggle for an added bonus

Now to you McIntyre lies the onus

A double relegation delight

You ex Dayglo wearing little shite.

Shite would be too strong, he was a bit uncommitted in a Dundee derby that we lost on the back of a Dundee derby that we lost so some of the Dundee fans expected him to be a bit more 'competitive'. He's not the finished article yet, as he wasn't with you guys when I saw him play but he's not thrown a massive strop yet and he's had some good performances. Could still go either way I think but if he learns to keep the heid he'll have a career as a professional footballer at some level.

I thought Roberts was superb against Celtic but poor against us in the league game. His mentality is the big obstacle as you can clearly see he has talent but he does have a tendency to go into a bit of a strop when things aren't going his way. I watched him a couple of times playing pretty much as a lone striker at Falkirk and he lost the plot as soon as the service wasn't getting to him.

stumigoo, on 29 Sept 2014 - 17:32, said:

I thought Roberts was superb against Celtic but poor against us in the league game. His mentality is the big obstacle as you can clearly see he has talent but he does have a tendency to go into a bit of a strop when things aren't going his way. I watched him a couple of times playing pretty much as a lone striker at Falkirk and he lost the plot as soon as the service wasn't getting to him.

Pretty fair and accurate assessment about Roberts. I think when he came on in the second Derby and slotted in up front for Tank, he was pretty much like a man down. Hartley had to switch him with Stewart (Who was playing well, but comes too deep to lead the line) and he produced a cross that could have won us the game.

A game has to be forced upon him by playing in the area he plays in otherwise he's just more than too happy to become anonymous.

He never played lone striker for us from my memory he always had Loy or beck up top with him either that or he was out wide.

After he got a hat-trick away to livi and he was talking about earning a move to the championship down south so he could be with his family ect.

He's a w**k and has talent 5 games a season if he played the full 38 games.

I see Steve Martin is looking at the idea of putting cardboard fans in the unused section of the Derry with their faces blanked out and fans can bid to have their face superimposed over the top of it.

Never heard something so embarrassing!

I see Steve Martin is looking at the idea of putting cardboard fans in the unused section of the Derry with their faces blanked out and fans can bid to have their face superimposed over the top of it.

Oh god.....

At least he's discussing it with fans though. Don't expect it to happen.

I see Steve Martin is looking at the idea of putting cardboard fans in the unused section of the Derry with their faces blanked out and fans can bid to have their face superimposed over the top of it. Never heard something so embarrassing!

At least there would be a presence in the 90th minute at the next derby played at Dens.

He never played lone striker for us from my memory he always had Loy or beck up top with him either that or he was out wide.

After he got a hat-trick away to livi and he was talking about earning a move to the championship down south so he could be with his family ect.

He's a w**k and has talent 5 games a season if he played the full 38 games.

Why don't you take to twitter to abuse him then?

Again.

Not content with taking our cast offs, youre now stealing a bulk of our support