All things Dundee FC

I saw it, from the JK, as they were both holding. Armstrong lost his footing and dragged Boyle down. I'll, also, have to view it again.

I've not watched it again either but it looked a 50/50 with Boyle getting pulled down. I was amazed when he got a Red for it but I'll hopefully get a chance to watch it again. There was a lot more passion tonight and McPake was immense (again), I just hope he's not fecked himself, we're painfully thin at the back.

I've not watched it again either but it looked a 50/50 with Boyle getting pulled down. I was amazed when he got a Red for it but I'll hopefully get a chance to watch it again. There was a lot more passion tonight and McPake was immense (again), I just hope he's not fecked himself, we're painfully thin at the back.

Absolutely, re McPake. What with Davo being crocked as well and, obviously his performance. Seen Bene with the rest of injured guys, any truth in the rumour he's been recalled from loan?

McPake showed tonight (and in the last few games) what a tremendous leader he is- Dees have been missing such a figure for years.

All round great performance boys. Need to get a bit 'streetwise' in commiting fouls in areas where it can't hurt you - Armstrong should have been fouled on the halfway line rather than being permitted to run to a dangerous area. Watch Utd they did this all night.

Midfield vastly improved from Sunday and Tank (cos of his pace) caused more problems than Harkins. Only slight concern is whether Roberts realises he is on a 'last chance saloon' to succeed as a professional footballer- work rate and commitment looked lacklustre when he came on- perhaps Wighton with his greater technical skill would have been a better option ( but he will get his chance soon).

Well done boys - a great shift only effected by the sending off- more of the same at Dingwall please.

Even the united officials hosting the hospo said no sending off, and a foul to Dundee. Boyle made up 10yds on the United player, who was stumbling already. The ball was out of his reach before Boyle got there - it's wasn't a goal scoring opportunity, referee reacted too quickly and got it so wrong. GMS came into the lounge afterwards and said the same, a booking would've harsh, the red was sheer incompetence from a very poor official who gets worse by the week. Utd keeper, regarded as dodgy, made 3 saves including the penalty and kept them in it before the referees howler which destroyed what was shaping up to be a good game. What a tool. Another official who seems to draw excessive attention to himself - his performance was dire, the sending off aside.

Lethern has to start coming for crosses. The corner for the goal was keepers all day long and his did little to take any pressure off his defence night ... Time to give Bain a turn.

Only slight concern is whether Roberts realises he is on a 'last chance saloon' to succeed as a professional footballer- work rate and commitment looked lacklustre when he came on- perhaps Wighton with his greater technical skill would have been a better option ( but he will get his chance soon)

Really surprised to read this tbh.

I was critical of Dundee's early signings, but Hartley added well in the likes of McGinn, Ferry, McGowan as the window went on. Despite this, there will be a run or two of games for Dundee at some point where you'll struggle. Every team has them. There's no one I'd want in my team less in that situation than Roberts.

Really surprised to read this tbh.

I was critical of Dundee's early signings, but Hartley added well in the likes of McGinn, Ferry, McGowan as the window went on. Despite this, there will be a run or two of games for Dundee at some point where you'll struggle. Every team has them. There's no one I'd want in my team less in that situation than Roberts.

I think people are giving Roberts a wee bit of a hard time for his performance yesterday. Yes he didn't come on and run around like a headless chicken but TBF he was probably told not to go steaming in. If he starts doing that, for one he will be fucked and for two he puts pressure on the defense to move the ball quickly and press us which was the last thing we wanted being down to ten men. Hartley would have been happy as the Arabs seemed to be ok with just knocking it around the back and waiting for a gap to open up. Roberts made two great chances for us when he came on, he skinned the defender and whipped in a great cross. The second one was a training ground free kick which was inches from paying off.

I actually quite like Roberts and he is excellent at corners. He gets frustrated as f**k with himself but this shows he has passion and wants to improve.

The signings you mentioned have been great and nearly all Hartleys signing have been excellent. McPake, Konrad and McGowan are stand outs. I really cant believe Hibs let McPake go and the same with St Mirren and McGowan.

I think people are giving Roberts a wee bit of a hard time for his performance yesterday. Yes he didn't come on and run around like a headless chicken but TBF he was probably told not to go steaming in. If he starts doing that, for one he will be fucked and for two he puts pressure on the defense to move the ball quickly and press us which was the last thing we wanted being down to ten men. Hartley would have been happy as the Arabs seemed to be ok with just knocking it around the back and waiting for a gap to open up. Roberts made two great chances for us when he came on, he skinned the defender and whipped in a great cross. The second one was a training ground free kick which was inches from paying off.

I actually quite like Roberts and he is excellent at corners. He gets frustrated as f**k with himself but this shows he has passion and wants.

Spot on. Although, I was shouting at him to close down a bit more, last night.

The way I saw the red card was that Armstrong knew he didn't have the pace to get his shot away, and that he was desperate for Boyle to make any sort of attempt at a challenge. Boyle had the pace to get round him, so there was no reason to be that close. One of those that on first viewing probably looks like a foul. Would like to see it again though as I think Armstrong was definitely looking for it.

Presumably if we appeal the card and it's successful, Armstrong will see a retrospective ban for diving?

It looked to me like he tripped and dragged Boyle down with him, I didn't think he dived but I've not seen it since so might be wide of the mark. It looked like a 50/50 with the 2 guys jostling and then ending up in a snotty heap.

It looked to me like Boyle was running at the speed of sound and light combined and Armstrong has heard him coming knew he might get a nudge or just shit himself and started going down before Boyle touched him. It was a shame for Boyle as he looked well up for it.

Edited by DEEJANGO

If the red card is rescinded then shouldn't the match be replayed? It will never happen, of course, but the wrong decision has undoubtedly had an effect on the result of the match.

Of course the match will be replayed. In those circumstances that's what always happens.

If the red card is rescinded then shouldn't the match be replayed? It will never happen, of course, but the wrong decision has undoubtedly had an effect on the result of the match.

You are a special one!

It isn't getting rescinded anyway. I can guarantee you that.