All things Dundee FC

It was half crap and half good stuff. I do strangely miss NDD's input and I really didn't think I would be typing this.

glue.jpg

Well I have to say that I don't, especially on the match day threads which just became boring slagging matches... the same type of content every week.

It was half crap and half good stuff. I do strangely miss NDD's input and I really didn't think I would be typing this.

glue.jpg

I agree wi you Chomp. The Heads gone thread was an inspired creation, although he had to put up with a fair bit of resistance to begin with.

No but remember the ball is the fastest player on the pitch. What's wrong with Clarkson...he scored on Sat and is a finisher. Roberts and Boyle are over rated. All you need are good passers of the ball... not runners.

Edited by tripc0de

No but remember the ball is the fastest player on the pitch. What's wrong with Clarkson...he scored on Sat and is a finisher. Roberts and Boyle are over rated. All you need are good passers of the ball... not runners.

Did you just refer to the ball as a player? :lol:

Sake Tripper.

Did you see who set up the goal yesterday?

We have plenty of good passers of the ball and while we play some decent stuff it gives us no cutting edge in the final third as our goals for tally proves.

Pace is a key part of the modern game and while Boyle is by no means the finished article he is the one boy in our team who can really get in behind and cause problems.

The tactics we employ in terms of our passing game is great when we have something to protect but as soon as we go behind were fucked. The goal yesterday didn't come from our passing style it came from an earlier pass down the line for Boyle with a cross and Ckarkson on the end of it.

We need to be much more clinical going forward because by our slow built up allows teams to get organised and men behind the ball.

Yes, so slow build up is the problem rather than players with pace. All you need is forward players getting into the right position at the right time...

We need to be far more direct to hurt teams at this level and to do that we need players with pace getting in behind defences and supporting the forward(s). To often we are playing the ball about the midfield without hurting teams

Yes, so slow build up is the problem rather than players with pace. All you need is forward players getting into the right position at the right time...

I agree that the pace of the build up play is usually the problem, but sometimes you need blistering pace. Scares defenders, wins free kicks, gets in behind and creates space. For me Boyle is a better option than Roberts because he is more willing to help out his fullback defensively, even if his end product sometimes isn't great.