All things Dundee FC

Its just lazy ba****d stewarding and lazy ba****d policing as per usual. Tayside police, F***ing Hopeless
Well said, that man.
Its costing dundee fc money to repair seats and do other work in that area otherwise they could close the derry,not really a laughing matter.
Leave the seats off the benches then. f**k it. They're no exactly comfy anyway.

Might be pulling that from my arse, but I was given a figure once, and I'm sure it was that, or something daft and similar.

PS. IT'S YIRSEL!

Aye, you have pulled that from your arse.

It costs about 30quid for each pull down seat including brackets and hinges. The club will be paying a tenner tops for those bits of plastic in the Derry.

I hope then that the Police FULLY enforce the rules next time the likes of Celtic come to our all seated stadium and are throwing flares about... oh wait, they'll just shite it as per. Pick on the fans that bring smaller supports though, that's acceptable.

Surely it's time for the board to put up and to either do it up properly so it's half decent for the next 5-10 years, or burn the embarrassment down. Either way, build a replacement stand when you have the cash.

This isn't in the actual SPFL rules is it?

On further investigation, it seems it was scrapped when the SPFL came along. It used to be written in the SPL rules (and the Scottish Cup rules, oddly enough).

Now, all that's required for Premiership entry is a "Bronze Standard" stadium under the SFA guidelines. And as I looked this up, I found something utterly minter-tastic from our point of view.

While Hamilton with their two stands (and a tent), and Inverness and Partick with their three stands and some scaffolding can command Silver Standard, we're the only Premiership team to have a Bronze stadium.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/ClubLicensing/2014/LicensedClubs/010914CL%20current%20status.xls

The criteria are here - http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/ClubLicensing/2014/Prt%202%20Sct%205%20-%20Ground%20(2).pdf

I think we definitely fail Silver Standard on the dugouts ("Clubs shall provide a covered seating area next to the field that shall accommodate a minimum of 11 persons.")

But here's a classic example of SFA-thinking, re where people can sit:

Available Areas

Spectators will be capable of being accommodated around at least three sides of the ground or four if four were ever constructed or used for one season or more as spectator areas.

It is acceptable for the club to leave a maximum of one of these three or four areas outwith the terms of the Safety Certificate and therefore unavailable for use.

Who comes up with this shit? "We need to you to have at least three stands for people to sit in but it's OK one can fail its safety certificate meaning people can't sit in".

Edited by The Master

Surely it's time for the board to put up and to either do it up properly so it's half decent for the next 5-10 years, or burn the embarrassment down. Either way, build a replacement stand when you have the cash.

We need to buy it back first. Bennett seemingly wants a small fortune for it though.

We need to buy it back first. Bennett seemingly wants a small fortune for it though.

Being a bit hard on Bennett here, he did us a favour and its only right he gets recompensed for it. My understanding is Bennett has named his price and will sell when its met. He's on good terms with the owners though so I doubt he'd sell to just anyone.

Considering he bought it for a £1 was it not? Is receiving a tidy amount of rent and is believed to want around £850k? for it back, it's got to the point where it can hardly be considered a favour now. At the time, it was great of him, but we're paying for it now.

Considering he bought it for a £1 was it not? Is receiving a tidy amount of rent and is believed to want around £850k? for it back, it's got to the point where it can hardly be considered a favour now. At the time, it was great of him, but we're paying for it now.

Its a bit more complex than that I believe mate. The 850K is the figure I've heard but there are other factors to be considered and from what I understand he's not being unreasonable in wanting this. Sorry for being a bit vague.

Apparently Gerry Creaney is now head of youth development at Dens.

Sorry if this is old news.

Speaking of potential old news, I haven't seen this anywhere

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/peterhead-fc/364388/sdfg-sdfg-sdfg-sdfg-3/

Apologies if everyone else knew and I've missed it.