All things Dundee FC

Firstly, the chat about getting rid of Hartley, however hypothetical.  That's bonkers.  He got you promoted and established the club as a solid mid-table team. He had his two best players sold right at the start of the season and no time to shape a team with the new players. Its been an average start to the season, nothing to panic over.  I'd listen to the st Mirren fan, and be careful what you wish for.  It can always get worse.. look at your neighbours.

Secondly, if I said "I'd like us to sign Leigh Griffiths as he's a great player, but I just can't see it happening" you'd laugh.  Neither are going to happen.

I should make clear - I couldn't be further removed from the 'Hartley out' camp. I think he's a little stubborn, but I'm otherwise happy he's manager of our team. I think his style (signing young players with potential sell-on value) suits the long term plans the board have for the club and despite it being a bit flat on the pitch atm, he's the perfect match.
Of course this is all hypothetical, but to suggest the gulf between Griffiths and St Johnstone is comparable to that of Tommy Wright and Dundee is pretty funny.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

I think our problem stems that Dundee fans are used to disaster, so the first sign of a bad run, we instantly think it's the end of the world.

We're no different.  Last season we went on a terrible run mid-season and there were rumblings about whether it was the end of the road for our manager, the same one who's currently guiding us through the most successful period in our history.

What fears me most is we lost the second half 0-2 on Sunday, 45mins in which Hartley said he thought we were "excellent". 

We didn't create any clear chances, never carved them open with slick passing, lost two soft goals. I don't see how he can say we were "excellent" in the second half???

What fears me most is we lost the second half 0-2 on Sunday, 45mins in which Hartley said he thought we were "excellent". 

We didn't create any clear chances, never carved them open with slick passing, lost two soft goals. I don't see how he can say we were "excellent" in the second half???

I think you can disregard what a manager says in that situation. His actual thoughts will be conveyed to the players this week - or in the dressing room.

I thought for the first 30 of the second 45 minutes the game plan was working pretty well.

We/Hartley are trying to build a squad capable of competing for a top 6 place more or less from scratch. Anybody who turns out to be better than expected gets pinched and you are stuck with the disappointments.

Unless we become seriously dropped off the bottom I think we have to back the guy.

He's got 100% support from me until at least full time next week.

2 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I think you can disregard what a manager says in that situation. His actual thoughts will be conveyed to the players this week - or in the dressing room.

I thought for the first 30 of the second 45 minutes the game plan was working pretty well.

We/Hartley are trying to build a squad capable of competing for a top 6 place more or less from scratch. Anybody who turns out to be better than expected gets pinched and you are stuck with the disappointments.

Unless we become seriously dropped off the bottom I think we have to back the guy.

He's got 100% support from me until at least full time next week.

First half as well, we were defending pretty well until Bain made the fumble.