All things Dundee FC

53 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Tele had us as dropping our interest early last week. We have two Dutch boys on trial now. One a winger and one a striker.

I wonder if Hartley's recruitment policy is to sign a foreigner then ask him if he has any mates who are good at football. Did we not have other German trialists as well as Konrad after Luka was signed and now it's Dutch guys now that we've got Yordi.

It's probably just coincidence and it's actually our extensive European scouting network that's unearthing these gems. *cough*

1 minute ago, Dee Man said:

I wonder if Hartley's recruitment policy is to sign a foreigner then ask him if he has any mates who are good at football. Did we not have other German trialists as well as Konrad after Luka was signed and now it's Dutch guys now that we've got Yordi.

It's probably just coincidence and it's actually our extensive European scouting network that's unearthing these gems. *cough*

Apparently one of them played with O'Dea at Metalurh Donetsk. I've no idea if that is the case though, just from the snippets I've read online.

Away from that - it's madness that Darren O'Dea has never played more than 49 games for a club (Which was Celtic where he was at for 6 year) - His second longest stint in terms of playing for the first team was for Leeds and that was 35 games. He's already played 22* for us!

*Stats from Wiki.

Hartley is also 8 games away from managing us in more games than he had ever played at for a club as well. Last Sunday's game seen him overtake his stint at Alloa for games managed.

His record is:

P110 - W39 - D34 - L37 - 35.45%.

Went on a bit of a ramble there, apologies.

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Apparently one of them played with O'Dea at Metalurh Donetsk. I've no idea if that is the case though, just from the snippets I've read online.

Away from that - it's madness that Darren O'Dea has never played more than 49 games for a club (Which was Celtic where he was at for 6 year) - His second longest stint in terms of playing for the first team was for Leeds and that was 35 games. He's already played 22* for us!

*Stats from Wiki.

Hartley is also 8 games away from managing us in more games than he had ever played at for a club as well. Last Sunday's game seen him overtake his stint at Alloa for games managed.

His record is:

Stats are usually boring as f**k but those are actually quite interesting, Ludo.

Thank you.

1 minute ago, Dee Man said:

c**t was about 6'7 and when he jumped he was about 5'3. Incredible defiance of physics laws by the big man.

I remember I used to defend him by saying that he'd be decent if we tried playing the ball on the deck as he looked decent with the ball at his feet. It was always Jani Sturm that pissed me off more out of the two. It was him that shattered the myth for me that good youtube videos = good football players.

25 minutes ago, K.T said:

I thought our Dutch scout was Michael Mols? And by scout, I mean Hartleys pal who texts him when there's a decent player knocking about.

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I thought it was Arthur Numan and Mols was Yordi's mate?

I have a feeling Mark De Vries is involved in some way too.

*Stats from Wiki.

His record is:

This prompted me to look at the stats of all 12 Premiership managers. Hartley is 9th out of 12 a fraction ahead of Archibald at Thistle and almost 10% behind the likes of Mcghee and Wright who all have smaller budgets. He did well at Alloa and considering some of the promotion winning seasons results are in these stats I'd say he's at his limit.

28 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I hope Hartley is our manager for a long long time but I have to say Jack Ross has impressed me massively. He's a Dee to boot. He'd be my shout if we done the unthinkable.

Good shout.