All things Dundee FC

3 minutes ago, Malcolm Malcolm said:

No, I'd rather see them well run as a prerequisite to success. I'd rather see Scottish football clubs run well. It's not contradictory at all. It doesn't do our game any good to see clubs run like clown car outfits, despite the short term comedy factor.

:lol:

10 hours ago, Dee Till A Die said:

giphy.gif

That was one of the few times I've been on the pitch. Full time whistle went and I ran on, vaulting the hoarding, zig-zagging through over-enthusiastic stewards and evading plods' vain attempts at catching me. I did the obligatory patting the players on the back as I ran past them until a couple of us got to an ecstatic Jim Duffy whose immortal words will stay with me until the day I die: "Get aff the pitch lads".

5 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Kevin Thomson is an absolute snake of a human being.

Out of interest, why is he a snake? Apart from being an old cripple, I never thought he was that bad of a person. Did I miss something?

Thank you.

Out of interest, why is he a snake? Apart from being an old cripple, I never thought he was that bad of a person. Did I miss something?
Thank you.

He used Hartley to engineer a move to Hibs. He'd asked several times throughout his stint at Dens to have his contract ripped up so he could rejoin Hibs once Butcher was punted.

Now he's sticking the knife in, which if you read between the lines, he basically alludes to how a fan could have done a better job than Hartley. Then says Hartley is dishonest because Hartley gave the actual reason Thomson gave him for wanting to leave, saying they had 'agreed on what to say'.

I don't think it's a mega surprise that questions about Bain's attitude only arisen since Thomson left the club.

GGH's brothers comments on him when he left were pretty telling as well, pretty much saying he had alienated the other players against him and created a clique that divided the squad.

11 hours ago, Dee Man said:

That was one of the few times I've been on the pitch. Full time whistle went and I ran on, vaulting the hoarding, zig-zagging through over-enthusiastic stewards and evading plods' vain attempts at catching me. I did the obligatory patting the players on the back as I ran past them until a couple of us got to an ecstatic Jim Duffy whose immortal words will stay with me until the day I die: "Get aff the pitch lads".

One of the few times McDiarmids actually been full.*

*Not counting Jehovahs. Thank you.