Celtic vs Aberdeen - 13/09/14

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A minutes silence for the mutton molesters ... it could a hammering here ...

Doubt it, its still only 1-0, you've not had a decent chance since and every forward players seem to want to score themselves instead of setting up a team mate. maybe 2 or 3, can't see it being much more

Definite penalty, surprise, surprise, not given..........

We rarely get the benefit of these decisions so it makes a nice change.

Have to be happy with that result, dominated most of the game with a couple of periods when Aberdeen looked dangerous. More work of the ball shutting people down which was pleasing, onward and upwards hopefully.

Good first half performance from us but the second half was a bit lacklustre. We did threaten and play well but we let Aberdeen back into the game, after they scored I felt certain it was gonna be a draw. Still it was better than last week

I haven't seen the game but it looks like the sheep turned up at points throughout the game as expected.

As for fucking Ambrose !, I'll hunt the donkey doon and kneecap him for the greater good of the team ffs.

Nice to see Broony back in the squad and sounds like he solidified the midfield, and as I have been posting earlier in the thread Celtic need grafters in the midfield who can take or give a tackle.

Will give my opinion when I see the highlights or download the game.

Strange game that, we played some decent stuff the first hour, I said to the guy sitting behind me that Aberdeen looked to have chucked it, they werent pressing us when in posession and werent threatening at set pieces or even looking threatening, and what do you know within 30 seconds they pulled a goal back :lol: and for ten or fifteen minutes looked like they could get an equaliser.

They quickly fizzled out though and never threatened late on apart from a half hearted penalty shout, we could and maybe should have added to our 2-1 lead, was quite impressed with Kayal when he came on, looked to get stuck in for a change, Tonev looked decent, Ambrose looked like.. well Ambrose, a fucking liability, in the end we deserved to win but a lot of improvement needed still.

dominated most of the game

You had less possession and less shots on target.

Onyhoo. Disappointed not to take a point given the way the 2nd half went.

2 pretty awful goals to lose, both deflected.

Canna grudge Celtic the 3 points. We should have nailed that in the last half hour when in the ascendency after our goal.

3 defeats in 5 games. :wacko:

Not overly worried after that today.

But if we had brought in a decent keeper and a LB then we may well have had the 3 points.

Need to start harvesting those points now tho'.

3 home league games on the bounce v Ross Co, Inverness & St. Mirren.

Nine points there will have us in aboot the top hopefully.

More shots overall, 50% more goals. And most importantly, 3 more points.

If Aberdeen don't buck their ideas up they will struggle to get into the top 6.

Like I said. Less possession and less shots on target.

Which suggests you were talking pish when you said you dominated most of the game.

In fact. I watched the game...and can confirm that Celtic nowhere near "dominated most of the game".

Ergo, you were in deed talking pish.

Due to said pish being talked, I now retract my comment when I said I didn't grudge Celtic winning the game. :P

Thought Derek gambled late on by switching Jacko to RB in order to get two up front. Don't think the gamble worked as we really missed Jack in the midfield.

Jack barely put a foot wrong all day I thought, and linked up well with Pawlett. Goodwillie had a good game overall, he has a great touch and hopefully the goal gives him confidence. Thought Monakana looked pretty good when he came on, although wasn't really what we needed at the time. Should have mabye stuck Rooney on then, and stuck Pawlett put wide? Mabye he'd have got joy out of Ambrose.

Shame the ref was wearing his green and white specs, thought he gave them all the 50/50s, esp when we had momentum it just killed it. But a good performance, hopefully we can kick on into the next few games and get this season started!

I thought despite a lack of testicular fortitude in the tackle in the first half there were many reasons to be cheerful after that Dons performance. I thought Ash Taylor had a good game, as did Low, Jack and Considine. Great to see Goodwullie get his first, hopefully that will be the confidence back and the floodgates opened. Robson could have added a bit of steele to proceedings and we always miss Hayes, i hope his inconsiderate wife is proud of herself :)

First half the difference was Brown, there was nobody in the Aberdeen side willing to go in hard at 50/50's and generally bam folk up a bit, which Brown does really well. Expert at taking the man with the trailing leg and immune to the hindrance of yellow cards he allowed a really poor celtic team to look dominant. Celtic had plenty of half chances but nothing clear cut and it took a wicked deflection and a handball to beat clangers. Other than that I thought sellik offered very little to suggest we wont be taking points of them this season, and pleasingly, so will plenty of other teams.

Open season on kicking Peter Pawlett seems to have been declared again and it really is remarkable how difficult it is to see a blatant hand ball when it's chris commons. Apart from that, not bothering his hole to get out of the way of the ball, misunderstanding the off side rule and blowing for half time when the dons were clear down the wing, i thought that fat useless c**t Bobby Madden had an alright game.

All in all not too disappointed, as with a little rub of the green the dons could have taken all three today.

Like I said. Less possession and less shots on target.

Which suggests you were talking pish when you said you dominated most of the game.

In fact. I watched the game...and can confirm that Celtic nowhere near "dominated most of the game".

Ergo, you were in deed talking pish.

Due to said pish being talked, I now retract my comment when I said I didn't grudge Celtic winning the game. :P

You trying to say I'm taking pish?

Have a feeling we'll put on a performance similar to the Dundee United game, so fancy us to take 3 or 4 off Aberdeen.

Doesn't come as a great shock that both my coupons were way also.

Was hoping for a great performance, hopefully kick start the season, felt first half we were the better side but not really dominating the game in a way I would have liked, second half was pretty meh. Still I will take the win and not grumble too much.

Archived