Dumbarton v Heart of Midlothian

We were poor. Dumbarton fully deserved the point and defended pretty comfortably. But lucky to finish with 11 men but matched us on the day.

Hearts were flat. Only Nicholson looked a real v threat and Van Zanten kicked that out of him.

weird ground.

Its a VIABLE ground !! living within our means as a part time club. 2,000 all seat modern stadium, with an average home crowd of just under 1000.

Also not far from the town centre and public transport, good roads links, a family club with the community at its core. :wub:

rumours going round the ground may be sold to make way for new houses at a nice little profit for the owners

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watched they highlights, how did Wilson get away with that lunge on Kane ! Unreal, big team getting decisions their way as usual.

Lets not start the conspiracy shite here. Van Zanten should have been sent off, so technically the biggest decision of the match went wrongly in our favour.

Lets not start the conspiracy shite here. Van Zanten should have been sent off, so technically the biggest decision of the match went wrongly in our favour.

Have to agree with that to an extent. I thought more decisions went against us, but the one with DVZ was probably the biggest one overall. Have to say, the referee was one of the worst I have seen in such a long time. Embarrassingly bad for the whole game. The standside linesman was even worse again!

Anyway, let's look at the positives. Defensively we were brilliant yesterday. Hearts had a lot of possession but struggled to break us down. I think our pitch is a lot to do with that. By keeping our shape well (for the best part of the game) Hearts had to play it out from the back. Also didn't think we looked remotely out of our depth. If we continue the season the way we have played the last 2 matches, there's no reason we can't have a similar year to the last.

Would definitely have taken a point at this time yesterday. Says a lot that we may have nicked it at the death!

I think kane played ok yesterday. He tracked back when we lost position and at times won the ball back. Caught a bit too often offside in the second half. Billy stark was in the stand, obv looking at players like Nicholson who impressed me on the left for hearts but I do hope he was looking at kane also.

Kane did alright & worked hard but was isolated up front for most of the 2nd half with Nish as Dumbarton sat deeper and deeper.

Cheers! The decision to let him go is looking a bit stupid just now, as our first choice striker is possibly out for a couple of months. That leaves us with two strikers, ones on loan and can't play against his parent side, and the other is absolutely dreadful and looks years behind Kane

What you saying that to me for? I was the first on here to say van zanten should have been off.

What you saying that to me for? I was the first on here to say van zanten should have been off.

Eh...

Because you just said, and I quote,

"Unreal, big team getting decisions their way as usual."

My post was simply pointing that is indeed a lot of shite as the biggest decision of the match went wrongly in our favour.

Eh...

Because you just said, and I quote,

"Unreal, big team getting decisions their way as usual."

My post was simply pointing that is indeed a lot of shite as the biggest decision of the match went wrongly in our favour.

Maybe so, and I said that first, but I still feel Wilson got away with so many fouls it was scary, blatantly ignored by both ref and lino.

Could argue and say holt should have been off, but it would have been very soft.

Because you claimed the big team got the decisions despite the fact your team got away with a far more clear cut one.

1 decision went our way aye, what about the countless fouls? The ball mistakenly put out for a corner and resulted in a goal kick? Can argue and say the van zanten one was the "biggest" but Hearts by far got the majority of decisions.

1 decision went our way aye, what about the countless fouls? The ball mistakenly put out for a corner and resulted in a goal kick? Can argue and say the van zanten one was the "biggest" but Hearts by far got the majority of decisions.

Holt not going off was just the same as the van zanten one. Holt had not long been booked and then committed another book able offence. If he hadn't just been booked he would certainly have been booked for the second one. Not only that he kicked the ball away in dissent. So the two biggest ones evened themselves out. However some of the decisions that the stand side linesman missed were just astonishing. Can only assume that the ref had told him to keep his flag down

Had a good day in Dumbarton,game wasn't the best but credit to the home team for working their socks off.

Unusually high number of Police yesterday,I had my ticket checked 3 times before I got near the turnstyles,all a tad ott.

Had a good day in Dumbarton,game wasn't the best but credit to the home team for working their socks off.

Unusually high number of Police yesterday,I had my ticket checked 3 times before I got near the turnstyles,all a tad ott.

The whole day had been dealt the same. Small team from a wee town and basically they panicked. Police at every station in Dumbarton (3 of them!), shutting off the roads and what not. I would understand it with Rangers, especially with the size of following they have in our town. But there was never going to be any problems with Hearts regardless of how many fans you brought through. Although this is the first time we have had to deal with this kind of thing.

Hopefully they learn and calm it just a little next time round. Hope you enjoyed your day though :)

The police have gone way ott regarding the cat A games.

They demanded the Stags Head employ door staff and were also trying to insist they use plastic cups instead of glasses (thankfully they managed to get out of that one). As well as the 2 door staff 2 police came in to walk around on 3 seperate occassions for the period I was in there (roughly an hour and a half). I also noticed they had a riot van parked outside the train station and some more police were floating about the station itself.

It was fuckin ridiculous and for anyone who still thinks our club chose to close Castle Road the proof was there to see yesterday. Paranoia and complete and utter waste of money, must be the easiest shift on earth.

It's a shame none of them arrested that blooter Jackie Bailie for committing crimes to my eyes.

Holt not going off was just the same as the van zanten one. Holt had not long been booked and then committed another book able offence. If he hadn't just been booked he would certainly have been booked for the second one. Not only that he kicked the ball away in dissent. So the two biggest ones evened themselves out. However some of the decisions that the stand side linesman missed were just astonishing. Can only assume that the ref had told him to keep his flag down

Holt's second tackle wasn't a bookable offence in a million years. It was barely a foul. If you were booking players for that you'd have every game abandoned for no having enough players.

I thought the ref was terrible bit not biased.

Its a VIABLE ground !! living within our means as a part time club. 2,000 all seat modern stadium, with an average home crowd of just under 1000.

Also not far from the town centre and public transport, good roads links, a family club with the community at its core. :wub:

rumours going round the ground may be sold to make way for new houses at a nice little profit for the owners

aye, it was the experience that was strange really. . Just the whole set up is a bit odd with where it is, the cordons and walk round. At one point I was about 30 yards behind the goals and you can't see the ground!

Hopefully the police will have lightened up a bit by our next visit, it was like trying to get into the G8 summit at points.

Archived