Dumbarton v Heart of Midlothian

Loads of possession for Hearts but we only really threatened once or twice, Sow should've scored the rebound from Holt's effort in the first half.

Disappointed not to get a win but not a disaster and it'll maybe give one or two players a kick up the arse if they think we can just turn up an win these games.

Fair play to Dumbarton they were well organised and made it difficult, never really threatened themselves bar that one chance in the second half and Van Zanten should definitely have gone but they were worthy of their point overall.

Hopefully we can respond well next week and get a win.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steven-Lee :lol:.

Good point. Andy Graham is fucking brilliant. He's been absolutely amazing for us and today's performance was the epitomy of him. Throws himself in front of everything and is always a leader, especially today with the absence of Turner. As others have said I thought Murray got it right today and the players carried out the job almost perfectly, we rode our luck at times aye but if we'd been a bit more accurate with our passing we could've stolen that. Rogers was good today, looks like he's settling now and keeping a consistent defence will help us in the long run, even if some don't agree with DVZ at right back. Taggart will be a really useful player this year. One dodgy game at centre back but apart from that he's been fairly solid no matter where he's been played.

Hearts fans are good c***s, smart as f**k top too. I reckon the police must feel a bit silly. The closing of castle road and presence about the town was totally not needed. I look forward to our Tynecastle visit.

Steven-Lee :lol:.

Good point. Andy Graham is fucking brilliant. He's been absolutely amazing for us and today's performance was the epitomy of him. Throws himself in front of everything and is always a leader, especially today with the absence of Turner. As others have said I thought Murray got it right today and the players carried out the job almost perfectly, we rode our luck at times aye but if we'd been a bit more accurate with our passing we could've stolen that. Rogers was good today, looks like he's settling now and keeping a consistent defence will help us in the long run, even if some don't agree with DVZ at right back. Taggart will be a really useful player this year. One dodgy game at centre back but apart from that he's been fairly solid no matter where he's been played.

Hearts fans are good c***s, smart as f**k top too. I reckon the police must feel a bit silly. The closing of castle road and presence about the town was totally not needed. I look forward to our Tynecastle visit.

f**k you, I like you Dumbarton c***s. :(

We were poor. Dumbarton fully deserved the point and defended pretty comfortably. But lucky to finish with 11 men but matched us on the day.

Hearts were flat. Only Nicholson looked a real v threat and Van Zanten kicked that out of him.

weird ground.

Can say the same about hearts, holt got away with a similar tackle to the one that got him booked. Wilson should be been off for dragging down the last man along with using his hands for advantage all day.

Not our finest performance. Credit to Dumbarton though, they made it very difficult for us and we couldn't break them down.

We lacked a creative spark and there was a distinct lack of movement in the first half. Wilson and Ozturk were forced to carry it out from the back and play hopeful balls into the channels. Second half was a bit better, but Dumbarton defended in numbers and gave us absolutely no space. Even guys like King, Nicholson and Walker when he came on were struggling to find any room to play.

Van Zanten should have gone for his tackle on Nicholson, which was pretty bad in all honesty. Holt's was tame in comparison, but both should have resulted in yellows. Murray probably didn't have a choice but to take him off.

Still top of the league which is the main thing, but lessons to be learned. Today was a big test of character for our players, but hopefully they know what to expect from games like this in the future.

Results like this will happen, but a rather lacklustre performance it would seem.

Still: back to the league summit with two home games and Rangers v Hibs to come in the next two weeks, where one, or both, will drop points.

Danny Wilson (as much as I gave him pelters today) has an unbelievable range of passing for a centre back. He was spraying it aboot like Iniesta today, that left peg is an absolute wand.

He looked a cut above everyone else on the pitch. Nae offence to Hearts but he looks like he could stroll it in the 'SPL' and beyond. Great bit of business by them keeping him despite dropping down a league.

Thought the right back had a bit of a nightmare mind you, felt he was the weak point in your team. Wish we had exploited him more.

Was Ozturk the number 5? Liked him...no' as good as Andy Graham or Scott Taggart (who I thought was very impressive today) though :P

Aye Ozturk is our number 5. He had a decent game today. He still doesn't look confident in the air which for me, is a big problem for a centre half but hopefully that will come in time. He is good with the ball at his feet though. Your number 4 (Graham?) was excellent. Won absolutely everything in the air.

Danny Wilson (as much as I gave him pelters today) has an unbelievable range of passing for a centre back. He was spraying it aboot like Iniesta today, that left peg is an absolute wand.

He looked a cut above everyone else on the pitch. Nae offence to Hearts but he looks like he could stroll it in the 'SPL' and beyond. Great bit of business by them keeping him despite dropping down a league.

Thought the right back had a bit of a nightmare mind you, felt he was the weak point in your team. Wish we had exploited him more.

Wilson's distribution seems to have improved massively over the summer. I gave him a lot of stick for it last season because I thought he was sloppy in possession most of the time, but I think the fact that he's now playing with better players has something to do with it. He is confident of giving the ball to a team mate, knowing he will likely keep possession and continue the move. He has been excellent so far this season, hopefully that continues.

Jordan McGhee is a natural centre half, but played mostly at right back last season. He's only filling in there while Callum Paterson gets back to fitness but his performances have been very encouraging so far. He's not as comfortable going forward as Paterson, but most of our play went down the left today so he wasn't as involved as he could have been. Maybe could have done better with his second half header.

We defended well. Three words I didn't think I'd be using this season, at least on the basis of the first three league games! Great work-rate from everyone today too. The manager got his substitutions spot-on as well. Nicholson looked to be a handful, but I thought we coped a bit better with him when Keiran MacDonald replaced DVZ. Was quite pleased that Hearts kept Sow on for the 90 minutes. Looked positively Cham-like at times.

Loads of possession for Hearts but we only really threatened once or twice, Sow should've scored the rebound from Holt's effort in the first half.

Disappointed not to get a win but not a disaster and it'll maybe give one or two players a kick up the arse if they think we can just turn up an win these games.

Fair play to Dumbarton they were well organised and made it difficult, never really threatened themselves bar that one chance in the second half and Van Zanten should definitely have gone but they were worthy of their point overall.

Hopefully we can respond well next week and get a win.

kane had two in the first half, powerful shot going wide and a brilliant save by Alexander down to his left from a header, another day could have had 4

I think kane played ok yesterday. He tracked back when we lost position and at times won the ball back. Caught a bit too often offside in the second half. Billy stark was in the stand, obv looking at players like Nicholson who impressed me on the left for hearts but I do hope he was looking at kane also.

Archived