Horrific Accents

peasy23

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Erm the films set in Boston, whalberg is from Boston.

Aye, we're getting close to just labelling Bostonian accents as horrific, which is an argument that frankly has some merit...

• 3 weeks later...

A wee bump because I have been watching a few trailers tonight and came across one for a new film called 'Black Sea', directed by the guy who did Last King of Scotland. It (funnily enough given previous posts on this subject) involves a submarine and a terrible accent. This time coming from Jude Law. Now I don't know if the full film might be kinder to him, but on this evidence he is really giving a pretty horrific performance...

Groundskeeper Willy + "I've been working on submarines for nearly 30 years" + Jude Law = WTF?!?!

Going to go for a top five here (not in any order) and I don't think they've been called yet.

Kevin Costner in Prince of Thieves - just dogshit.

Quentin Tarrantino in Django - the only very minor blip in an otherwise brilliant film

Gerrard Butler in 300 - "This is Sparta ya bas !"

Shir Shaun in Robin and Marion, probably my favourite Robin Hood film too mainly because I like the way they've done the relationship between Robin and Little John played by the fantastic Nicol Williamson.

Denzil Washington in The Mighty Quinn - even Denzil does the odd gash one (accent and film)

Archived