Scottish Cup Thread

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If i were to pick a favoured tie, Linlithgow away would be decent.

Jammy wee team wanks. :thumbsdown

East Stirling gives us a very good chance of progressing, which is a bonus although its not the most exciting draw by any means.

Broadwood is still your registered ground so HampdenDiehard may well be right.

not saying he is wrong, but it is a possibility that it could happen. If a club were to want to move ground for a tie, then they wouldn't be renting from Clyde, as they are merely tennants.

would be interesting to see if the rules catered for it either way. I suspect that it hasn't been considered, just a hunch, given that it's the sfa we are talking about.......

not saying he is wrong, but it is a possibility that it could happen. If a club were to want to move ground for a tie, then they wouldn't be renting from Clyde, as they are merely tennants.

would be interesting to see if the rules catered for it either way. I suspect that it hasn't been considered, just a hunch, given that it's the sfa we are talking about.......

Fairly sure that I'm right. It's to stop, for example, us reversing our LC fixture against Rangers earlier this year, just to make some cash. I think that the local police will make the decision. If their decision is that EK's ground is safe to have the fixture, they'll make it all-ticket to the capacity that it's registered for, which can only be a few hundred in that one stand. Unlikely, given that Clyde's mad skwad would be clambering up trees and over fences, so EK would have to move...but they wouldn't be allowed to move to Broadwood as it's Clyde's registered ground. Who actually owns it is neither here nor there.

Jeez. Peterhead away. Play them twice in a week. Could hardly have been any worse. At least Brora away would have been something different.

This. Generally happy with the way the Scottish Cup works, but could it not be drawn so that you don't get a team from your own division - dull!

Fairly sure that I'm right. It's to stop, for example, us reversing our LC fixture against Rangers earlier this year, just to make some cash. I think that the local police will make the decision. If their decision is that EK's ground is safe to have the fixture, they'll make it all-ticket to the capacity that it's registered for, which can only be a few hundred in that one stand. Unlikely, given that Clyde's mad skwad would be clambering up trees and over fences, so EK would have to move...but they wouldn't be allowed to move to Broadwood as it's Clyde's registered ground. Who actually owns it is neither here nor there.

Probably need a big stadium on the Sooside somehwere. Is Lesser ready yet? :P

i know where you are coming from, I get all that, just wondering if there is a loophole. Wouldn't be switching, as ek, in theory, would be the home team.

anyways, its academic. Would rather it was in EK anyway (if they get through). A change is as good as a rest.....and we can tell our QP buddies what to expect next season.

And I haven't climbed a fence in a while. Not since Gala last year at least......

Lets say EK bet Spartans,Pulled Edinburgh City and Bet them aswell

Next round they pull Killie or StMirren at Home would they be allowed to switch the tie willie Nillie like albion rovers for extra revenue??!

On that basis My team should leave that building site called broadwood the morra move to the Astro at Stepford on Edinburgh rd,Build a stand(its exactly same as EK Ground without stand) and move our games as we wish aswell

Between the Juniors doing what they want and now grounds that can only hold 400,Its all becoming bit of a farce down SFA way per usual

Ps.Fuk your Tartan Army aswell(on the subject of the SFA) and there Pre Match Top Swapping routine and Do-a-Deer Sing a longs

Scottish Cup is my favourite competition but East Stirling away is pretty dull. We only played there last season and we'll be at Ochilview twice this season anyway. Should definitely win at least but wanted a non-league side.

Oi! That's where we're playing Stenny that day (1st Nov). Surely the East Stirling v Pars game will have to be played somewhere else... unless they make it a Sunday or midweek fixture? I'd be amazed if Stenny didn't get preference at their own ground.

Eta: or one match being a mid-day KO and the other following that at 3pm seeing as it's an artificial pitch????? An all day Football Festival ticket which covers both games would suit me. :thumsup2

Archived