Referendum night. Expected results

~~~

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could be crushing if Aberdeen swing it over to No at the last.

There was a rumour that internal polling shows Dundee, Aberdeen and Glasgow going 'Yes'. Don't know what sort of vibes you get up there and how true that is.

I'm going to call it. It's going to be almost neck and neck after the 5am calls and it'll all come down to Aberdeen.

Based on something as unscientific as a 'vibe' I think Glasgow will return a Yes vote.

I was out and about yesterday and I literally saw no evidence of a No vote while there were Yes posters, signs, badges everywhere.

Even my pensioner mum who has been a staunch no and anti nationalist up till now has sudden told me she "doesn't know what way to vote". I think she will probably still vote no but I could hardly believe she was even having doubts.

Among my close peers I know of only one who is going to vote No and she is from Edinburgh and a bit posh. Literally everyone else is voting Yes.

Forgive my idiocy, but does a Yes rating of 8 mean they're more likely to vote Yes? As in 8/10?

I think so.

Interestingly, the Shetlands seem to be changing their tune a little bit so I reckon that it's not totally inconceivable that 'yes' can win although still highly unlikely. Wouldn't be surprised to see 40-45% there.

How does it work then?

For example at the start do they say “right that’s Eilean Siar put No into an early lead with 300 votes to 100” etc

And then update the percentage as we go?

If so, what a fucking tense night it will be :lol:

Hope the two Lanarkshires break strongly for yes for an interesting evening as I'd expect quite a few of the other early declarations (I'm looking at you East Lothian, Orkney and Inverclyde) to be no.

How does it work then?

For example at the start do they say “right that’s Eilean Siar put No into an early lead with 300 votes to 100” etc

I'm not sure my sphincter will be able to handle it to be brutally honest.

It's going to be a long night waiting for the votes to come in!

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1410530024.963196.jpg

I'm on the early shift next week. Will be up at 5am UK time to catch a train at 6am UK time. I can see me making a c*nt of myself on the train in.

Bought a bottle of Auchentoshan 18yr old to share with the office, whatever the result. If it's a Yes I'm not sure there will be any left by the time I arrive.

How does it work then?

I'm already brickin' it. If they do it that way, with both sides taking the lead during the night and swinging back and forth, I will lose my shit.

I will genuinely shit the bed.

How does it work then?

I'm buying quite a lot of tissues for next Thursday. They will either be getting used for raging tears streaming down my eyes or for something else. :ph34r:

Archived