Partick Thistle vs St Mirren - 19/09/14

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't Believe Fox got picked for Scotland. :lol:

Can't believe Fox gets picked for Thistle* :(

*he wasn't too bad last night but he has little influence over his defenders, prone to punching the ball and isn't a particularly great shot stopper.

Delighted with that second half performance. About time we showed a bit of fight and desire.

Not many chances for either team which is surprising considering both defences aren't the greatest.

Ball has showed if he gets the right service he'll cause problems. Great cross by that dumpling JT ;) and a great finish. I said at a Rugby Park he had shed some amount of weight. I know Iv also said I prefer Caldwell on here haha.

If we were to go 2 up front id prefer Ball and Caldwell. Marwood looks like a poor Lewis Guy :/.

Goodwin,Osbourne,McGinn were all outstanding. Fair play to TC the subs changed it for sub.

Hopefully we kick on now.

Why doesn't Gallacher get games for Thistle?

He apparently had a knock last week and then Fox kept his place because he hadn't done much wrong.

I really don't see the major difference that it seems most of our support do between Fox and Gallacher. Gallacher make his fair share of mistakes but when he makes them gets nowhere near the level of criticism Fox has received.

Certainly glad we missed out on Stevenson based on last nights performance, he was rubbish.

Thought Osbourne was brilliant in the second half and he really won the battle in there. Fingers crossed we keep him fit, he will be a huge asset for us if we can.

Left the house with intentions to turn up but sacked it and just stayed in Munros. Good decision. I think I'd be hanging from the JHS if I had turned up. Watched it on the TV. Didn't deserve anything.

Another thing that's pissing me off is our lack of discipline- Bannigan and Higgy seem to get booked every game at the moment and Stevenson and McMillan not far behind. With the lack of depth in the squad (more on which later) the inevitable suspensions will hammer us.

Yesterday I thought was pretty hopeless from start to finish, St Mirren improving in the second half was the difference. Said last season that our relatively good record vs ICT was probably down to them having a wee CF, Muirhead and Balatoni can't handle bigger guys at all, hence Ball changing the game when he came on for Marwood. Sad to see how much AM has gone backwards, there was a bit in the first half where he was down by his own corner flag and a St Mirren player was sprinting towards him- in the first division he'd have stepped inside him and brought the ball out, last night he hit a panicky clearance straight to one of their players which nearly cost a goal.

Also, after they had to use their third sub due to the injury they were left with Osbourne who was cramping up after about an hour and Teale who must be about 53 now on the wing, and we still couldn't keep the ball in midfield.

Only pass marks really was Lawless, assume hospitality must have been good for Carroll to get MOM, one good run- which still brought nothing but his positioning is shite. No depth in the squad either, I called the 3 subs at half time, only thing I got wrong was I thought Elliott would come on first. Eccleston looked OK, but clearly not fit yet. Doolan has been pretty pish both games he's started as well.

What's the deal with Seaborne? Even if it's just a knock it's not encouraging that he's missed 2 out of 6 games so far.

Can't see myself shelling out £18 for more of the same on Tuesday.

We totally sucked in the second half. Let Saints play and we were pressed in every tight situation and had no idea how to deal with it. Both first goals from both teams were hilariously defended. Muirhead is definitely done at this level imho. Just shite.

It underlines how important it is for us to have both Osman and Seaborne in the team. We were sitting deeper and deeper in the second half but didn't have the defensive quality or composure to see out a lead in that fashion. None of our substitutions were justified either, each of the three made us that bit weaker and I didn't see a particular reason for making them. Fox was scrambling at the second goal, at least Gallacher should have his place back now. Bad day at the office for team and manager.

What an awful, awful day that was :lol:

It underlines how important it is for us to have both Osman and Seaborne in the team. We were sitting deeper and deeper in the second half but didn't have the defensive quality or composure to see out a lead in that fashion. None of our substitutions were justified either, each of the three made us that bit weaker and I didn't see a particular reason for making them. Fox was scrambling at the second goal, at least Gallacher should have his place back now. Bad day at the office for team and manager.

What an awful, awful day that was :lol:

Why do you have a Dundee badge as your avatar?

Anyway, St.Mirren must be delighted getting off the mark! First goal was well nice.

Archived