Dundee vs Dundee Utd - 21/09/14

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we can score two goals or more we will win. Dundee aren't a pretty team this year but they seem well organised. Because Dundee have been unable to register more than one goal in a game and I think we should play to our strengths and try to outscore them.

If we sit and lump balls to GMS and Erskine all game on Sunday I'll expect a 1-0 Dundee win. If we get the ball down and play our good football we'll score at least two.

Looking forward to a few individual battles on Sunday.

Bilate - Conrad
Rankin - Harkins

GMS - Dyer Irvine.

United - Rado.

Ciftci being suspended for this game was a stroke of luck, he would've ended up running into the Derry and Cantona kicking some wee guy, really doesn't have the mentality to play in a game like this, furthermore you know the Dundee players and fans would be winding him up from kick off.

I couldn't give a flying f**k about the League Cup so I hope JMac doesn't pick his team with the cup game in mind.

How are we not pretty? We've played some of the best football I've seen since the Bonnetti era. Yes we're not scoring many goals but we're creating the chances to score goals. We just lack that cutting edge infront of goal.

If we can score two goals or more we will win. Dundee aren't a pretty team this year but they seem well organised. However Dundee have been unable to register more than one goal in a game and I think we should play to our strengths and try to outscore them.

If we sit and lump balls to GMS and Erskine all game on Sunday I'll expect a 1-0 Dundee win. If we get the ball down and play our good football we'll score at least two.

Looking forward to a few individual battles on Sunday.

Bilate - Conrad

Rankin - Harkins

GMS - Dyer Irvine.

United - Rado.

Ciftci being suspended for this game was a stroke of luck, he would've ended up running into the Derry and Cantona kicking some wee guy, really doesn't have the mentality to play in a game like this, furthermore you know the Dundee players and fans would be winding him up from kick off.

I couldn't give a flying f**k about the League Cup so I hope JMac doesn't pick his team with the cup game in

mind.

You've obviously not seen us playing this year. Don't let the fact that we've not scored many goals fool you into thinking we don't play attractive football. We've had plenty chances/half chances in most of our games. Celtic game being a perfect example. Some of the best football I've seen at Dens in a long time!

Actually think it'll be a great game to watch for the neutral, with both teams favouring a passing style.

How are we not pretty? We've played some of the best football I've seen since the Bonnetti era. Yes we're not scoring many goals but we're creating the chances to score goals. We just lack that cutting edge infront of goal.

Haha beat me to it!

Dyer's injured. Irvine is LB.

Sorted Biggie ;)

You've obviously not seen us playing this year. Don't let the fact that we've not scored many goals fool you into thinking we don't play attractive football. We've had plenty chances/half chances in most of our games. Celtic game being a perfect example. Some of the best football I've seen at Dens in a long time!

Actually think it'll be a great game to watch for the neutral, with both teams favouring a passing style.

St. Mirren have played some good passing football this season and have created plenty chances/half chances, it's been far from pretty for them.

Dundee's success so far this season certainly has nothing to do with the playing attractive football, it's to do with hard work and being well organised. I'm not saying Dundee can't get that ball down and play a bit, when you pass teams off the park week in, week out, picking up big score lines along the way you can say your team play pretty football. However this is not the case for Dundee, Hartley has set Dundee out not to lose in every game, in these games there has been spells where Dundee play good football, but Dundee are far from a footballing side, they haven't played a team off the park yet.

I do agree though if both teams get the ball down and play a passing game it should be a great game, however this will not happen. One team will gain a foothold in the match and the other will revert to countering.(Probably us.)

From what I've seen (mainly highlights, granted) Dundee have been industrious but scampery with a shortage of skill and end product. Not particularly impressive. Having said that, United have perhaps been a bit of the opposite, with more skill than industry, and as such have also not been particularly impressive.

Anyway, here's a taster of what to expect from Oor Jarik at corners...

tumblr_inline_nbt8lqvEt11svqv9n.gif

Sorted Biggie ;)

St. Mirren have played some good passing football this season and have created plenty chances/half chances, it's been far from pretty for them.

Dundee's success so far this season certainly has nothing to do with the playing attractive football, it's to do with hard work and being well organised. I'm not saying Dundee can't get that ball down and play a bit, when you pass teams off the park week in, week out, picking up big score lines along the way you can say your team play pretty football. However this is not the case for Dundee, Hartley has set Dundee out not to lose in every game, in these games there has been spells where Dundee play good football, but Dundee are far from a footballing side, they haven't played a team off the park yet.

I do agree though if both teams get the ball down and play a passing game it should be a great game, however this will not happen. One team will gain a foothold in the match and the other will revert to countering.(Probably us.)

I don't know how often you've watched Dundee this season, while the cornerstone of our 'success' so far has been hard work and good organisation to say we don't play attractive passing football is a tad harsh. We're not as prolific in front of goal as a lot of us would like but as others have said, we tend to play out from the back (more often than I'd like sometimes) and we pass the ball well, we just lack that end product. Maybe we've just got used to low expectations but I think most Dees are pleased with our style of game at the moment.

I'm not saying we'll win, I've no idea how this one will go, I think I went 1 all on my predictor league but I'm happy enough with the way we go about our business at the moment.

I don't know how often you've watched Dundee this season, while the cornerstone of our 'success' so far has been hard work and good organisation to say we don't play attractive passing football is a tad harsh. We're not as prolific in front of goal as a lot of us would like but as others have said, we tend to play out from the back (more often than I'd like sometimes) and we pass the ball well, we just lack that end product. Maybe we've just got used to low expectations but I think most Dees are pleased with our style of game at the moment.

I'm not saying we'll win, I've no idea how this one will go, I think I went 1 all on my predictor league but I'm happy enough with the way we go about our business at the moment.[/

quote]

Exactly this! We're built upon being well organised and tough to beat, but we do play attractive football.

Sorted Biggie ;)

That's just nonsense and highlights that you're basing out 'style' from match reports and guesswork from our full time results.

We played Killie and Thistle off the park in the second half of both matches , Celtic couldnt get the ball off us in the last 20 mins. Very confident going into this match.

Dundee are playing the best football I've seen since the 2000-2003 ,we play out from the back and play neat triangles while using Roberts pace to give us a outlet if pressured .

We played Killie and Thistle off the park in the second half of both matches , Celtic couldnt get the ball off us in the last 20 mins. Very confident going into this match.

Dundee are playing the best football I've seen since the 2000-2003 ,we play out from the back and play neat triangles while using Roberts pace to give us a outlet if pressured .

Totally agree. I think I'm the most enthusiastic about DFC than I've ever been. Also I don't think we've quite gelled yet and Thomson plus Dyer are out...

We pumped c***s in the cup, scoring for fun. I know it is lower league teams but it shows we can be prolific in front of goal. We will give someone in the league a hiding one week but honestly cant see us taking one.

Some of the stuff we have been playing has been excellent and when Harkins is on his game we are great to watch. I keep meaning to mention also how good Roberts is at corner kicks, I cant remember the last time we had someone who could take a decent corner. Roberts seems to hit that danger area in between the penalty spot and the six yard box 9 times out of 10.

Should be some game this but can see it being a draw.

We pumped c***s in the cup, scoring for fun. I know it is lower league teams but it shows we can be prolific in front of goal. We will give someone in the league a hiding one week but honestly cant see us taking one.

Some of the stuff we have been playing has been excellent and when Harkins is on his game we are great to watch. I keep meaning to mention also how good Roberts is at corner kicks, I cant remember the last time we had someone who could take a decent corner. Roberts seems to hit that danger area in between the penalty spot and the six yard box 9 times out of 10.

Should be some game this but can see it being a draw.

No coincidence that in the last 3 games since he's come into the team we've scored from a corner in every one.

Archived