Dundee vs Dundee Utd - 21/09/14

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we can score two goals or more we will win. Dundee aren't a pretty team this year but they seem well organised. Because Dundee have been unable to register more than one goal in a game and I think we should play to our strengths and try to outscore them.

If we sit and lump balls to GMS and Erskine all game on Sunday I'll expect a 1-0 Dundee win. If we get the ball down and play our good football we'll score at least two.

Looking forward to a few individual battles on Sunday.

Bilate - Conrad

Rankin - Harkins

GMS - Dyer Irvine.

United - Rado.

Ciftci being suspended for this game was a stroke of luck, he would've ended up running into the Derry and Cantona kicking some wee guy, really doesn't have the mentality to play in a game like this, furthermore you know the Dundee players and fans would be winding him up from kick off.

I couldn't give a flying f**k about the League Cup so I hope JMac doesn't pick his team with the cup game in mind.

STFU peeeeeeeeeel, you don't know what you're talking about.

Honest answer here please - how many entire Dundee games have you seen this season?

I don't know how often you've watched Dundee this season, while the cornerstone of our 'success' so far has been hard work and good organisation to say we don't play attractive passing football is a tad harsh. We're not as prolific in front of goal as a lot of us would like but as others have said, we tend to play out from the back (more often than I'd like sometimes) and we pass the ball well, we just lack that end product. Maybe we've just got used to low expectations but I think most Dees are pleased with our style of game at the moment.

I'm not saying we'll win, I've no idea how this one will go, I think I went 1 all on my predictor league but I'm happy enough with the way we go about our business at the moment.

That's just nonsense and highlights that you're basing out 'style' from match reports and guesswork from our full time results.

I never said Dundee haven't played some good stuff at points this season, however what I did say was that Dundee's success this season has been a result of their hard work and organisation. If Dundee came up and just tried to play lots of lovely football, they wouldn't be as solid as a team. Dundee haven't played anyone off the park yet, therefore I wouldn't say Dundee's success stems from playing attractive football. I do however understand that attractive football is very subjective and Dundee might very well be playing attractive football to you, however I've had the luxury of watching my team play some really attractive stuff and destroying teams in the process.

Peel spouting the biggest load of shite I've read so far.

Despite playing st Johnstone off the park on Saturday, completely dictating the tempo and limiting then to precisely 0 shots on target Dundee are not a football team.

You seem to think that you are not a football team unless you pass a team off the park and score loads of goals? There are a few other elements involved unfortunately. For example defending, tactics, set pieces , controlling the tempo, pressing the ball. These are all elements Dundee are excelling in at the moment. That's how Celtic were unable to wallop 6 past us unlike the football playing total football martyrs from tannadice.

Dundees central midfielders are all better passers of the ball than United's central midfield which So far this season could best be described as workmanlike. Paton and Rankin are not the flair players you seem to think you have and erskine isnt exactly a creative genius. Contrast that with ferry, Thomson, Harkins and McGowan abd it's clear who the more technical players are even to your tangerines tinted eyes.

We match that creativity with organisation and tactical awareness as well as a willingness to work hard.

That is a footballing side and fir you to try and pass judgement based on highlights and hearsay is typical of the recent arrogant mentality utd fans have towards Dundee.

Saturday could go either way and will be a tight affair but you will see a footballing side in dark blue whatever the result.

Despite playing st Johnstone off the park on Saturday, completely dictating the tempo and limiting then to precisely 0 shots on target Dundee are not a football team.

You seem to think that you are not a football team unless you pass a team off the park and score loads of goals? There are a few other elements involved unfortunately. For example defending, tactics, set pieces , controlling the tempo, pressing the ball. These are all elements Dundee are excelling in at the moment. That's how Celtic were unable to wallop 6 past us unlike the football playing total football martyrs from tannadice.

Dundees central midfielders are all better passers of the ball than United's central midfield which So far this season could best be described as workmanlike. Paton and Rankin are not the flair players you seem to think you have and erskine isnt exactly a creative genius. Contrast that with ferry, Thomson, Harkins and McGowan abd it's clear who the more technical players are even to your tangerines tinted eyes.

We match that creativity with organisation and tactical awareness as well as a willingness to work hard.

That is a footballing side and fir you to try and pass judgement based on highlights and hearsay is typical of the recent arrogant mentality its fans have towards Dundee.

Saturday could go either way and will be a tight affair but you will see a footballing side in dark blue whatever the result.

First of all, 'defending, tactics, set pieces , controlling the tempo, pressing the ball.' are all elements of hard work and organisation.

I never said Rankin or Paton were flair players, and I certainly never said Erskine was a 'creative genius'.

Basically you've just read my post and decided to write a lot of pish.

First of all, 'defending, tactics, set pieces , controlling the tempo, pressing the ball.' are all elements of hard work and organisation.

I never said Rankin or Paton were flair players, and I certainly never said Erskine was a 'creative genius'.

Basically you've just read my post and decided to write a lot of pish.

So proper footballing teams don't work on defending, they just get a grafter in with good organisational skills?

That kind of explains the car crash goals utd have been conceding this season. More hard work required.

So proper footballing teams don't work on defending, they just get a grafter in with good organisational skills?

That kind of explains the car crash goals utd have been conceding this season. More hard work required.

That's some interpretation of whats being said here.

That is a footballing side and fir you to try and pass judgement based on highlights and hearsay is typical of the recent arrogant mentality utd fans have towards Dundee.

:lol: fucking byling!! Dont let these bullies get to you mate. We all believe you, we really do :lol:

The DAB's are like Cameron and his mates...............shitting themselves.

Stephen Thomson supporting YES. Having the bottle to actually come out and state his position.

I won't compare Dees to Cameron, that would be below contempt.

So it is. Konrad last game McPake v Celtic and cant think of the other?

Aye Stewart against Raith as has been said.

Corners could be a real weapon for us in this game, 3 of the 6 they conceded to Celtic were from corners and another one was from a free kick.

I never said Dundee haven't played some good stuff at points this season, however what I did say was that Dundee's success this season has been a result of their hard work and organisation. If Dundee came up and just tried to play lots of lovely football, they wouldn't be as solid as a team. Dundee haven't played anyone off the park yet, therefore I wouldn't say Dundee's success stems from playing attractive football. I do however understand that attractive football is very subjective and Dundee might very well be playing attractive football to you, however I've had the luxury of watching my team play some really attractive stuff and destroying teams in the process.

Yep, noticed that when you played Celtic. Shame about Celtic's six lucky goals eh?, otherwise I'm sure you'd have "destroyed" them with your attractive football.

Archived