Falkirk vs Dumbarton

Very pleasing. Felt it was coming and we just weren't getting the breaks. Steg done great in the run before crossing it. Really thought we were going to run out of time though.

Ball boys time wasting behind the goal was an absolute joke. Just glad the ref added on some time for it.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We should have been out of sight after the first 30 minutes, and the start of the second half, but bizarre substitutions cost us. Sibbald was our best player in behind Loy but was moved too deep, Shepherd did nothing when we needed the ball to stick to players, and why take Loy off with so little of the game left?

Decent for us were Shaughnessy, Sibbald and Loy, and for most of the game the rest of the back 4. Jones was alright. Smith very poor and what is the fucking point in Taiwo? He can't pass the ball 3 feet!

Final comment for the ref. one of the most incompetent, inconsistent and ridiculously blind officials I have ever seen. The saving grace is that he was shit for both teams - us in the first half and them in the second. How was there 3 bookings in that?

Massive get it right up ye to the p***k who planked himself behind the Dumbarton fans for the last 5 mins, dishin out sly wee bitchy digs. The look on his face as he tried to escape after the equalizer went in was worth the trip alone :)

Last 15 minutes we looked to threaten and pinned Falkirk back in their own half. Up until that point we were pretty deadful, and in particular Mitch (god knows what's happened to him). Big Chase once again our main man and the 2nd half performance from Gils deserves praise.

Delighted with that point.

Well that was pure mind rape - were creating but no one to finish, when we couldn't get the second goal you knew what was coming. The ref was dire but we should have been out of sight. Well done Dumbarton, decent point to go home with - you didn't look as good a team as you did last year though (mind you neither do we)

Very pleasing. Felt it was coming and we just weren't getting the breaks. Steg done great in the run before crossing it. Really thought we were going to run out of time though.

Ball boys time wasting behind the goal was an absolute joke. Just glad the ref added on some time for it.

Given how many yards your left back stole at throw ins during the game, I don't think you have any place to comment on gamesmanship.

Given how many yards your left back stole at throw ins during the game, I don't think you have any place to comment on gamesmanship.

Hardly stole yards. The guy can throw the ball far enough that he really doesn't have to steal yards. FWIW your players were wasting time the whole second half. Countless times the ref could have handed out a booking for kicking/carrying the ball away or holding onto it. But he was pretty incompetent and decided to hand out a booking to Kane for a soft foul and ignored a few others which should have been (Linton's in the first half).

But the one ball boy was taking the piss behind your goal. All I was pointing out really.

strange game....Falkirk should have been out of sight in 1st half....cut us open twice, but Rogers didn't have much to save

2nd half subs pushed us further off the park, and I have to say although a goal was coming. That said I did think we might run out of time. Was surprised Houston didn't just go for another rather than allowing your players to drop deeper and deeper. That ballboy / keeper combi was embarrassing

Great run by MacDougall and nice goal

Ref was shocking. I thought both Falkirk yellows were well worthy, although Linton definitely should have seen yellow for his clumsy challenge. No idea at all why Kane was booked....seemed really soft...was hardly a foul

Far side linesman also very poor....got at least 2 decisions (one for each team) wrong

pretty happy with a point though

I know, daft to not even stick a quid on it. Although I can't get score casts on Bet365 for our league?

I tend to stick with McBookie for the Scottish lower leagues if it's anything outwith the bog standard accumulator. Normally excellent odds and offer a wider range of markets than the big bookies.

Strangely I felt the opposite from the East side ballboy.

He ran on the park to hurry the ball to your keeper when we were 1 up.

Then at 1-1 he seemed slow

Dearie me, things not looking good for Houston the DAB, also cheers for sacking Roberts, he's a fucking cracking player. :lol:

Pretty sure this time last year Falkirk were saying the same thing though. He always looked decent but lacked something when he played against us. Brilliant pace but not the greatest touch... hard to explain really. Just what I seen as an outsider though. Absolute idiot of a guy.

Archived