Time for Calm Heads

Well Well

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was probably the most embarrassing TV debate I have ever witnessed. I was laughing my arse off at both of them. I felt sorry for the poor woman, Funny as f**k, they cut away from them and they were still going at it.

Seems the bottle merchants don't like to be described as bottle merchants. Who would have guessed.

I think it's a bit unfair to call Yes voters bottle merchants if I'm being honest.

Misguided sure, but not bottle merchants. I can understand why some don't like it.

I think it's a bit unfair to call Yes voters bottle merchants if I'm being honest.

Misguided sure, but not bottle merchants. I can understand why some don't like it.

You being a NO voter is quite encouraging. You've never been on the right side of an argument in 50,000 + posts.

Again there's this "we" thing coming in again. Why do so many Yes campaigners claim a non-existent mandate to speak for everyone in Scotland?

The demograph of Scottish constituencies makes it unlikely we'll ever have many Tory MP's (though we do presently have one in my own constituency, though I didn't vote for him). However, the notion that nobody in Scotland votes Conservative is ludicrous. There are many hundreds of thousands who do.

Honest question here - do you consider Scotland to be a country?

I don't know anyone else that doesn't want even a parliament.

That was probably the most embarrassing TV debate I have ever witnessed. I was laughing my arse off at both of them. I felt sorry for the poor woman, Funny as f**k, they cut away from them and they were still going at it.

Laura BICKER, you couldn't make the whole thing up. Jim (its not my blood) Murphy has always come across as a patronising p***k and Canavan is just an angry old man. An appeal for calm heads by everyone then that embarrassment.

Honest question here - do you consider Scotland to be a country?

I don't know anyone else that doesn't want even a parliament.

I don't particularly consider Scotland a country (currently anyway), I consider it a nation within a country but I accept that depends how you wish to define a country.

614,400 voted against the creation of a Scottish parliament in 1997 (I was one of them), more than 25% of those voting. Whilst a landslide voted it in it would be misleading to suggest it has or at least had universal support. At the time I saw it as a completely unnecessary and very costly layer of bureaucracy. I still think that's largely true but most of the costs in it were sunk when it was created and it's clearly the collective will of the vast majority that it should stay and probably get more powers. In reality, despite the previous comment, it's now reached the stage it doesn't bother me. It has undeniably achieved many good things and I probably wouldn't shut it down if it was my call now. I wouldn't miss it if it was though.

EDITED because I couldn't spell bureaucracy the first time!

I don't particularly consider Scotland a country (currently anyway), I consider it a nation within a country but I accept that depends how you wish to define a country.

614,400 voted against the creation of a Scottish parliament in 1997 (I was one of them), more than 25% of those voting. Whilst a landslide voted it in it would be misleading to suggest it has or at least had universal support. At the time I saw it as a completely unnecessary and very costly layer of beaurocracy. I still think that's largely true but most of the costs in it were sunk when it was created and it's clearly the collective will of the vast majority that it should stay and probably get more powers. In reality, despite the previous comment, it's now reached the stage it doesn't bother me. It has undeniably achieved many good things and I probably wouldn't shut it down if it was my call now. I wouldn't miss it if it was though.

Don't let the door hit your arse on the way out.

It's a NO from me.

Alex Salmond wants more Indians to come in http://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/referendum-news/salmond-vows-immigration-reform.1410445910

Whereas the Tori's are putting a cap on immigration.

Salmond wants to get rid of Faslane - that will leave us weak. I always feel threatened by Muslim extremists.

So please everyone Vote No!

Archived