Time for Calm Heads

Well Well

Guys, I have enjoyed the debate and banter as much as everyone on here and have given as much as I have taken in that respect. I feel no hatred or anger against anyone and I hope the vast majority who have been involved on the forum over the last few months have enjoyed the experience and got their points across.

As I said now is the time for calm heads on both sides. I can only suggest that people stop posting up trying to suggest there will be trouble over the next few days. If you have a genuine issue with possible threats or trouble do the bloody right thing, contact the police and stop posting it on here.

If you think for a moment that one of the top posting forums about the referendum in Scotland on the internet is not being monitored your either very naive or a complete idiot. I don't want anyone on here getting into bother.

Keep the arguments going about the issues surrounding the referendum but you need to be careful about what you are posting guys especially about saying there will be bother by whatever side on Friday.

I will get the tin hat out for the responses

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The important thing on Friday is that there should be no repercussions and no animosity.

As a poster said the other day, no one should be gloating following the vote - that's just scumbag behaviour.

The important thing on Friday is that there should be no repercussions and no animosity.

As a poster said the other day, no one should be gloating following the vote - that's just scumbag behaviour.

For once I agree with you! :thumsup2

For once I agree with you! :thumsup2

A lot of people have put a lot of time and energy into campaigning for this, on both sides.

I respect that, and can understand that whoever comes out on the wrong side will be disappointed. I think it would be crass in the extreme to rub people's noses in it.

What fuels bitterness is the application of injustice. An estimated 90% of the resident English in Scotland will vote no. That means that in the event of a small margin of less than 8%, they will determine the outcome of this referendum. How is that democratic or equitable? Based on recent polls the Scottish people are voting YES, it’s only the English resident in Scotland who are being joined by a minority of Scottish sympathisers that may win the day for NO. I am voting YES tomorrow in line with the sovereign will of the SCOTTISH people. I hope you do too.

Note: Ironically, the undemocratic political influence that England has over Scotland could be the very same influence that returns a no vote - how sad that would be - Vote Yes

A lot of people have put a lot of time and energy into campaigning for this, on both sides.

I respect that, and can understand that whoever comes out on the wrong side will be disappointed. I think it would be crass in the extreme to rub people's noses in it.

Not sure if serious...

What fuels bitterness is the application of injustice. An estimated 90% of the resident English in Scotland will vote no. That means that in the event of a small margin of less than 8%, they will determine the outcome of this referendum. How is that democratic or equitable? Based on recent polls the Scottish people are voting YES, it’s only the English resident in Scotland who are being joined by a minority of Scottish sympathisers that may win the day for NO. I am voting YES tomorrow in line with the sovereign will of the SCOTTISH people. I hope you do too.

Note: Ironically, the undemocratic political influence that England has over Scotland could be the very same influence that returns a no vote - how sad that would be - Vote Yes

Gonnae shut up with this?

Shut it you.

It's reasonable at this stage (and for most of the campaign tbh) to expect No to come out on top, I'm reasonably comfortable with this, I've enjoyed my personal journey from No to Yes and I think I'll miss being engaged in something as incredible as all this,

I'll be disappointed but I'll possibly console myself with the promise of all these greater powers that we're going to enjoy(no sniggering please :P )

I reckon that's how I'll be until the first ill-informed, smug and ignorant post from a Sevco supporter appears on my Facebook newsfeed :bairn

Not agreeing with your point of view being equivalent to a "bottle job" obviously.

You do know it's not actually compulsory to agree with you, right?

It would be equivalent to bottling it though. We go on about patriotism all the time and if, when we have the chance, throw the opportunity to take control of our own country away it would be bottling it.

What fuels bitterness is the application of injustice. An estimated 90% of the resident English in Scotland will vote no. That means that in the event of a small margin of less than 8%, they will determine the outcome of this referendum. How is that democratic or equitable? Based on recent polls the Scottish people are voting YES, its only the English resident in Scotland who are being joined by a minority of Scottish sympathisers that may win the day for NO. I am voting YES tomorrow in line with the sovereign will of the SCOTTISH people. I hope you do too.

They live here. f**k off and die please.

Obviously when a Yes vote is delivered I will be calling on all the Bitters to stop being so Bitter.

In the extremely unlikely case of a No vote being delivered, it will be a two part response; first an investigation will need to launched into uncovering where the No camp succeeded in vote rigging and second, Project Fawkes is put into operation.

Archived