Possible uprising?

Confidemus

your core voting group the 16-17 year olds wil develop and mature over the next ten years and with their political opinions will also change and develop

It's far too small a group to be called a "core". It's also worth noting that 25-34 year olds voted 59-41 in favour of Yes.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's far too small a group to be called a "core". It's also worth noting that 25-34 year olds voted 59-41 in favour of Yes.

The only "groups" that were majority No were 18-24 and the over 55s.

I think 2 years is too soon, but 10 years is a possibility. The problem they have is that they need Labour to be as bad in future elections as they were in 2011 in order to keep the majority, and that is by no means a given.

This is true. So many things fell perfectly into place to make (getting a result in) a referendum possible just now.

Collapse of Labour, austerity and a tory led government down south all coupled with the unlikely scenario of a majority snp administration in the Scottish parliament.

I suppose a lot will depend on whether those who voted yes in labour heartlands move back to labour or not.

73% of the over 65s voted No.

The majority of working aged adults voted Yes.

So yes, yes it is.

Well, it's not pleasing when a substantial percentage of your population die - regardless of their political leanings.

No country should be gloating that their elderly should soon be dead. Regardless of the result, everyone needs to get a grip of themselves.

your core voting group the 16-17 year olds wil develop and mature over the next ten years and with their political opinions will also change and develop

Yeah, this will happen. I really hope this leads to an increased interest in politics from younger people. For too long the group has been ignored and targeted due to their lack of involvement (see tuition fees) whilst the elderly population has been ring fenced from any major cuts due to their significant voting turnout.

These things matter, everyone should be voting.

73% of the over 65s voted No.

The majority of working aged adults voted Yes.

So yes, yes it is.

Have you been to sleep yet? You are not taking this well. I feel fairly deflated myself, but seriously have a wee lie down.

Uprising? Have a word with yourself.

People who actually want to cause trouble, have an uprising, or just generally cause "civil unrest" are idiots. What good does that do to any future campaign for independence?

Dundee's having a 'protest' outside the Caird Hall tomorrow. I'm not sure what about, what it will achieve and if anyone is actually going to turnout, but yeah, there's that.

Down with democracy? That sort of thing ?

Archived