Possible uprising?

Confidemus

Given that, according to the Ashdown poll, a majority of working age Scots voted Yes, is there a chance for civil unrest/ revolution/ uprising if "the vows" are not delivered?

We can make sure the No voting pensioners are locked away safely in their sheltered accomodation to keep them safe.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No. Absolutely zero. Although it depends on what your definition of civil unrest is.

I had a lively debate about this with someone the other night. I said my only frame of reference was living in London during the 2011 riots when everything was on fire. When people start dying I call that civil unrest. Until then it's a minor disagreement. I just can't see it happening in Scotland.

Bully Wee Villa, on 19 Sept 2014 - 15:07, said:

I assume if the vows aren't met, SNP would win the next Holyrood elections again and just call for another referendum? Or is there a rule that they can't have another one for x amount of years now?

They can't really call for a referendum as Salmond (And Sturgeon to an extent) have said they'll accept the decision. Changing their mind just 2 years later won't have a great effect with the Scottish public, even with some that voted Yes.

They can't really call for a referendum as Salmond (And Sturgeon to an extent) have said they'll accept the decision. Changing their mind just 2 years later won't have a great effect with the Scottish public, even with some that voted Yes.

Even if they renage on the 'vow'?

Given that, according to the Ashdown poll, a majority of working age Scots voted Yes, is there a chance for civil unrest/ revolution/ uprising if "the vows" are not delivered?

We can make sure the No voting pensioners are locked away safely in their sheltered accomodation to keep them safe.

You just need to accept you got humped fair and square ya nutcase.

I think 2 years is too soon, but 10 years is a possibility. The problem they have is that they need Labour to be as bad in future elections as they were in 2011 in order to keep the majority, and that is by no means a given.

I can't see the MSM advertising the age group voting preferences. Most people will never know.

I assume if the vows aren't met, SNP would win the next Holyrood elections again and just call for another referendum? Or is there a rule that they can't have another one for x amount of years now?

They'd need Westminister to agree to it again, but I see theses desperate Vows being a total joke and already Ed Miliband has refused to sign up for it?

Leading to labour getting slaughtered in the next elections and a total control for the SNP

No the Scottish people will just put up with all the pish and pain that is coming, it's too late they had their chance to kick out the Tories, as for the No Voting pensioners, it won't be long to they have to sell their homes to pay for care when they go into carehomes with immigrant workers on a poor wage cleaning their shitty arses.

Archived