Clyde v annan

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think, on paper at least, that the new keeper seems better than Barclay.

Wasn't convincing at all on Tuesday; one totally pointless punch from an easy cross and especially his distribution where he kicked long towards Watt on far too many occasions. Certainly has a good pedigree though.

We place too much importance in dominating possession rather than exploiting space; the fundamental function of any football team. Last year, McCluskey was exceptional at doing exactly that, whilst we had a clear gameplan to get MacDonald, McColm and Ferguson quickly released into the big wide areas at Broadwood. Tomorrow, keep an eye out for pockets of space in front of the Annan back four where absolutely no Clyde player will be found.

Like all the new players Alan Martin deserves a chance.....but I think dropping Barclay is a mistake. The Berwick clanger aside he's been consistently decent IMO.

And Queens Park

Don't think it will do him any harm to have good competition

A good performance that deserved so much more.

Marsh was sitting behind us and said he was subbed as he "shanked the ball three times". No need to sub him and it cost us for the pen.

Ferguson was helping us big style and with him on the park there was only one winner. It's the first time in this run of form I've felt better about the performance. Definite positives to build on.

Was an improvement on recent performances, Ferguson was comfortable on the ball but the lack of movement in the team was a problem for big chunks of the game. Scott Ferguson was quiet again and only showed brief flashes of last season's form.

We had a lot of the ball especially in the second half but didn't create very many chances. McManus was isolated up front at times especially in the second half when Smith was knackered and coyldnt get up to support him as much. In saying that Smith setup McManus for a glorious chance to put us 2-1 up but McManus scooped it over the bar from a yard or two out.

Annan didn't offer much and McColm didn't do anything for them. He skinned durie once in the first half but it was cut our by Halket. Durie played better than recent performances I thought.

The bad was once again we shot ourselves in the foot and gave away a clumsy penalty. There is a real lack of communucation in the team and lead to us giving away some needless corners, throw-ins and generally still looking shaky in defence. The young left back is rotten and would much rather have McKinnon in there or own under 20 player.

Similar to the East Stirling and Montrose games in that the opposition were there for the taken. I don't think will be bottom at the end of the season but can't see us finishing any higher than mid-table.

Truth be told, I didn't think Ferguson contributed much at all. Too busy standing with his head in his hands and plotting to substitute a centre half who was having a good enough game. No doubting his touch and reading of the game but we were a lot sharper in our closing down and tempo with Gray in there.

Overall, our passing gets more directionless with every game and the new goalkeeper seems determined to punt the ball as high into the air as possible rather than playing it short. No idea if that's came from the manager but it doesn't work with McManus up front. The best McManus has looked was when partnered with Daly at East Stirlingshire; he can't play that lone role.

Positives would be Durie, Halkett and O'Donnell. Scott Ferguson was awful again (though he hasn't received a ball into space for weeks) and if we're going to add another player then it has to be a winger so we can put someone other than Watt out wide. Smith did well until he tired.

Annan were even worse than we were and other than the penalty they were gifted by McQueen I don't remember them creating a thing. Can't believe how much they've gone backwards since last season.

Big worry now as we're bottom leading into two very tough away games. Last season though a good cup win led to us getting good results at Peterhead/Berwick so fingers crossed we do the business next week. Sadly we look like a team devoid of energy and pace and I'm worried we'll soon be adrift at the bottom.

I actually thought Barry was beginning to have an influence on the game., before he had to go off. His touch and passing is there for all to see, him and Odd will hopefully get a run together, when match fit, I certainly look forward to it. Also thought Smith was a much improved player to the one I have seen before.

Pity we did not have a finisher on the park, McManus played pretty well but crucially for a centre forward missed the chances he was presented with.

Negative side...Young left back is nor ready for this level yet it would seem, might be decent player but not yet, Marsh was awful, so low in confidence he is a shadow of last year.

At least it was a bit of progress today, if we can persist with a settled side, add a full back or two and hopefully BF is fit we should be ok. Reasonably happy today, but should have been 3 points.

Oh aye and McColm was....well MCColm anonymous, one run duffed the cross and he was against Durie!

Amazing how differently people see things. I thought the young left back was pretty good today.

Marsh was diabolical. 3 shanks maybe, but all over the place as well. McQueen not much better when he came on. Comparing the two of them with Halkett, and it is night and day.

Dreadful game of football played out by two poor sides. Clyde, being the least pish, should have won but another defensive error cost us. Again we created little by way of clear chances and, goal aside, we spurned the few we did create (smith could have done better with a header in the first half and the least said about that miss by McManus the better). Very worrying as Annan were poor, although to be fair to them they reportedly had a good few players missing. McColm showed why he was let go. Totally anonymous and frankly didn't look interested at times.

Unless things improve quickly and dramatically, we could find ourselves in a real dogfight at the bottom, or worse, well adrift. Two points from our last 6 games (after the opening win with mainly Jim Duffy's team) tells it's own story. I hope the board are doing some quiet work in the background on identifying potential replacements for Ferguson as his coat will be on a shoogly peg if we lose at Turriff next week. I feared when he was appointed that it could be a disaster, but was hoping to be proved wrong. At this stage, however, it's clear that I had good reason to fear the appointment. He's succeeded in tearing the heart out of a competitive team with a decent spirit and replacing it with a side that look like a bunch of strangers hurriedly cobbled together (which is effectively what they are).

Im going against the grain and i trust Fergie

Duffy had same doubters and posters but was allowed time with teams that were awful, We aint bad just lacking some more movement off the ball,Urgency and fire in the belly...

I would ask BF to send young LB back to celtic,Start with same team for half dozen games,Two up front with Daly one of them and watch some videos of Marsh and/or McQueen and realise there not bad players and just lack some confidence....

Roll om next sat

Ps. Mccolm was Very Quiet, Durie rattling him middle o park 35 in probably helped but more games to go against a poorer annan team fae last season

Was an improvement on recent performances, Ferguson was comfortable on the ball but the lack of movement in the team was a problem for big chunks of the game. Scott Ferguson was quiet again and only showed brief flashes of last season's form.

We had a lot of the ball especially in the second half but didn't create very many chances. McManus was isolated up front at times especially in the second half when Smith was knackered and coyldnt get up to support him as much. In saying that Smith setup McManus for a glorious chance to put us 2-1 up but McManus scooped it over the bar from a yard or two out.

Annan didn't offer much and McColm didn't do anything for them. He skinned durie once in the first half but it was cut our by Halket. Durie played better than recent performances I thought.

The bad was once again we shot ourselves in the foot and gave away a clumsy penalty. There is a real lack of communucation in the team and lead to us giving away some needless corners, throw-ins and generally still looking shaky in defence. The young left back is rotten and would much rather have McKinnon in there or own under 20 player.

Similar to the East Stirling and Montrose games in that the opposition were there for the taken. I don't think will be bottom at the end of the season but can't see us finishing any higher than mid-table.

Great right up and not one statement false regardless of personal feelings

In Fergie we Trust

Dreadful game of football played out by two poor sides. Clyde, being the least pish, should have won but another defensive error cost us. Again we created little by way of clear chances and, goal aside, we spurned the few we did create (smith could have done better with a header in the first half and the least said about that miss by McManus the better). Very worrying as Annan were poor, although to be fair to them they reportedly had a good few players missing. McColm showed why he was let go. Totally anonymous and frankly didn't look interested at times.

Unless things improve quickly and dramatically, we could find ourselves in a real dogfight at the bottom, or worse, well adrift. Two points from our last 6 games (after the opening win with mainly Jim Duffy's team) tells it's own story. I hope the board are doing some quiet work in the background on identifying potential replacements for Ferguson as his coat will be on a shoogly peg if we lose at Turriff next week. I feared when he was appointed that it could be a disaster, but was hoping to be proved wrong. At this stage, however, it's clear that I had good reason to fear the appointment. He's succeeded in tearing the heart out of a competitive team with a decent spirit and replacing it with a side that look like a bunch of strangers hurriedly cobbled together (which is effectively what they are).

Behave yourself when we got pumped by albion rovers Montrose Peterhead and knocked out the cup by nairn it was stick by Jim Duffy we are not that bad your the archive man have look at some of the results under Duffy 10 without a win

Unfortunately there are fans desperate for Ferguson to fail because they told us it would be a disaster

Archived