Which P & B yes voter is the most seething?

bogsideloyal

How's the queues at ASDA looking tonight?

I'm sure there will be lots of 'we can do this' patter but that's as much motivational as it is 'Yes are definitely going to win this'. I felt like I was in the majority of Yes posters who dared to dream - but feared the worst.

Did you or did you not say that EU membership would happen - it was all about the detail that had to be negotiated (it might've been Ad Lib - I mixed you two up for a while - due to threads being ruined by pedantic behaviour)?

And finally - what do I not get?

1) You don't get that propaganda was on both sides. Whether it was shit on social media or shit in the Daily Record its still propaganda.

2) That's not what the EU debate was about.

The SNP claimed Scotland would not have to apply for membership. Nicola Sturgeon told us we d inherit membership on the exact terms the UK currently enjoys.

Ad Lib and i explained why this was absolute w**k.

The UK legal Advice showed why this was utter w**k.

The EU themselves said there would have to be an application for membership from any new states that came from secession.

And still the clown collective denied this.

What happened next? The white paper came out saying... Scotland would have to apply for EU membership as a new state!

The reaction to the SNP being exposed by their own white paper as liars? Silence.

Cult of the Yes movement. Never admit you are wrong.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1) You don't get that propaganda was on both sides. Whether it was shit on social media or shit in the Daily Record its still propaganda.

2) That's not what the EU debate was about.

The SNP claimed Scotland would not have to apply for membership. Nicola Sturgeon told us we d inherit membership on the exact terms the UK currently enjoys.

Ad Lib and i explained why this was absolute w**k.

The UK legal Advice showed why this was utter w**k.

The EU themselves said there would have to be an application for membership from any new states that came from secession.

And still the clown collective denied this.

What happened next? The white paper came out saying... Scotland would have to apply for EU membership as a new state!

The reaction to the SNP being exposed by their own white paper as liars? Silence.

Cult of the Yes movement. Never admit you are wrong.

In terms of the pre white paper policy, I remember you going on about this 'lie' quite a lot in the EU thread and have to admit I wasn't aware of the change in stance due to not really being interested. I'm more than happy to accept your word that this was a change in stance on behalf of the SNP - but surely its a U-turn more than an outright lie?

But I was right in the sense that both you and Ad Lib eventually admitted that EU membership WOULD happen. It was just about the negotiations. This came after the BT campaign's shameful episode where they jumped on an EU statement and then had to backtrack.

As for propaganda, I'm well aware that all parties indulge in it and indeed all have to do U-turns from time to time. I was picking up a poster who was claiming the SNP did nothing but intimidate and bully with propaganda tactics. Yes there was propaganda from both sides but one side was far, far worse. The mainstream media was full of scare stories - usually ones that were proved wrong a few days later. But as they knew fine well the shit sticks, especially if the details of the issues are not given anywhere near as much coverage as the scary headlines.

In terms of the pre white paper policy, I remember you going on about this 'lie' quite a lot in the EU thread and have to admit I wasn't aware of the change in stance due to not really being interested. I'm more than happy to accept your word that this was a change in stance on behalf of the SNP - but surely its a U-turn more than an outright lie?

But I was right in the sense that both you and Ad Lib eventually admitted that EU membership WOULD happen. It was just about the negotiations. This came after the BT campaign's shameful episode where they jumped on an EU statement and then had to backtrack.

As for propaganda, I'm well aware that all parties indulge in it and indeed all have to do U-turns from time to time. I was picking up a poster who was claiming the SNP did nothing but intimidate and bully with propaganda tactics. Yes there was propaganda from both sides but one side was far, far worse. The mainstream media was full of scare stories - usually ones that were proved wrong a few days later. But as they knew fine well the shit sticks, especially if the details of the issues are not given anywhere near as much coverage as the scary headlines.

We didn't 'eventually admit' it.

Neither of us ever said anything different at any point.

If i say 'I will categorically never buy a Mrs Browns Boys DVD' then buy one a month later was i lying ?

We didn't 'eventually admit' it.

Neither of us ever said anything different at any point.

If i say 'I will categorically never buy a Mrs Browns Boys DVD' then buy one a month later was i lying ?

You probably did buy one. You're that kind of p***k.

:)

You probably did buy one. You're that kind of p***k.

Nice well thought out point mate!! You were warned about discussing big boy issues that you are still grieving about and also don't have the intellectual capacity to discuss rationally, as the highlighted comment clearly proves. So i will tell you what to do in a picture so it is easier for you to comprehend

259ba95b07223f9a7b8f9db27b2bbf1e03d535c4

Nice well thought out point mate!! You were warned about discussing big boy issues that you are still grieving about and also don't have the intellectual capacity to discuss rationally, as the highlighted comment clearly proves. So i will tell you what to do in a picture so it is easier for you to comprehend

259ba95b07223f9a7b8f9db27b2bbf1e03d535c4

Another pure raging No voter.

You'd think they lost.

^_^

Ouch.

A façade of intelligence? Harsh.

What part of my comments about British Vs Scottish nationalism did you disagree with?

I think British nationalism is, by and large, ethnic nationalism - which tends to be exclusive, superior, and right wing in nature.

I think Scottish nationalism (as seen in the Yes campaign) is, by and large, civic nationalism - which tends to be open, inclusive and left wing in nature.

There will be a few exceptions but I didn't think this point was too contentious.

Absolutely bang on, as far as I can see.

I think, by and large, No voters have understimated how this has affected Yes voters.

I'm sure this will attract more than a few scoffs, but many Yes voters are going through a grieving process of sorts. I certainly underestimated how deeply a No vote would hurt. That's clearly my own fault for allowing my expectations to sky rocket.

It's going to take a long time for me to fully come to terms that Yes didn't win, and I know that's true for a lot of other Yes voters. My wife is still upset over it, friends who have voted Yes have text to say they are still distraught and we actually, laugh if you will, need time to grieve.

So perhaps some of us, including me, have lashed out for good or for worse. Now there's probably things we could do to expedite the process, such as probably steer clear of places like this, but I've found discussing it to be cathartic.

In short, I'll get over it eventually.

^^^

Summed up pretty well there.

Yep, anyone that has the cringeworthy '45' twibbon is pretty rattled. Pleasing.

I'll be getting badges, t-shirts etc. I'm still currently wearing my Yes badges and the flag will stay up. I now believe it is important to display my politics as being integral to who I am, whilst reminding the selfish, spineless & stupid who they are and more importantly, who they saddled up with. Pathetically and needlessly worrying about your pension, has lumbered us all with the scumbag British Nationalists, we saw in all their glory in George Sq Friday 20/9/14. Always here to remind you as a proud member of The 45.

^^^

Summed up pretty well there.

I'll be getting badges, t-shirts etc. I'm still currently wearing my Yes badges and the flag will stay up. I now believe it is important to display my politics as being integral to who I am, whilst reminding the selfish, spineless & stupid who they are and more importantly, who they saddled up with. Pathetically and needlessly worrying about your pension, has lumbered us all with the scumbag British Nationalists, we saw in all their glory in George Sq Friday 20/9/14. Always here to remind you as a proud member of The 45.

The 44.6 taza. Or if you are including full electorate numbers, the 33 percent ;) always happy to help

The 44.6 taza. Or if you are including full electorate numbers, the 33 percent ;) always happy to help

If you're including the full electorate - less than half of Scotland's population wanted to remain in this union. #justsaying

Stats are wonderful aren't they?

I'm becoming increasingly concerned about the state of your mental health Confi, take your foot off the gas a bit, you're gonna blow the engine.

I appreciate your concern, Robert, and I appreciate that No voters in general wish that Yes voters would just shut the f**k up and move on.

#aintgonnahappen

I appreciate your concern, Robert, and I appreciate that No voters in general wish that Yes voters would just shut the f**k up and move on.

#aintgonnahappen

Nope I don't think for a minute that will happen, the divisions are set in stone now for many, the referendum has definitely seen to that.

Nope I don't think for a minute that will happen, the divisions are set in stone now for many, the referendum has definitely seen to that.

I know.

Why didn't we just shut the f**k up about self determination and fairness and all that other nonsense?

#aintgonnahappen

Not at all. Its quite enjoyable and entertaining listening to the Yes losers scramble about for any titbit they can find to claim victories, bleat about 'butterfly revolutions', 'uprisings' and 'rigged votes'. Tommy Sheridan and Billy Connolly (!) being two of the sorest losers.

The fact of the matter is that No destroyed Yes, and the majority of the Scottish people voted to remain British and governed by the Westminster elite.

When does this uprising begin?

Not at all. Its quite enjoyable and entertaining listening to the Yes losers scramble about for any titbit they can find to claim victories (you are a seething No voter), bleat about 'butterfly revolutions'(it was me who posted the butterfly revolutions thing and if you paid any attention at all you'll see i said i posted it just to make No voters seethe, which seems to have worked), 'uprisings' ( :lol:what uprisings?) and 'rigged votes'. Tommy Sheridan and Billy Connolly (not even a Yes supporter!) (!) being two of the sorest losers.

The fact of the matter is that No destroyed Yes (you have a very strange definition of destroyed) , and the majority of the Scottish people (the majority of pensioners, frightened into a no vote) voted to remain British and governed by the Westminster elite (how very deferential of you).

When does this uprising begin?

Your post is dripping in such fail, I have had to address several of your seething points.

An atrociously ill thought out offering.

Archived