David Cameron

John Lambies Doos

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm just not as convinced that Labour are going to win the GE. I can see Ed having a Kinnock like campaign and voters deserting in droves when he fails the No 10 test.

I'd take it further. I can't see Labour having a prayer of winning. The economy is getting stronger with each week that passes and Cameron will flay him with that and ridicule the Labour statements about cutting too far too fast. We have the only decent growth in Europe and to the majority of the electorate the economic situation wins most of the time. He'll rightly point at Labour and say look at what you could have won.

I can also see the Labour vote in Scotland collapsing as pro-independence voters will realise Labours beliefs are at odds with theirs which really means curtains for his chances.

Labour are fucked at the next general election.

A hung parliament and a Lib Dem collapse are almost mutually exclusive. Given that outside of the Northern Irish seats there are about 10 MPs that don't belong to one of the big 3, if the Lib Dems are reduced to a handful of seats then it's almost impossible that one or the other isn't over 326, given that you could have well over 600 Lab and Con combined MPs.

Unless Labour and the Tories are almost completely neck and neck one of them will get a majority

It doesn't make a damn bit of difference who wins next year, because all three parties are fundamentally the same. There is a cross party consensus on nearly every issue which dumb's down politics in this country. Turning elections into popularity contests. Where the one that spends the most wins. Personally If I had to choose between Labour and Tories next year. I would pick the Tories. Purely based on the faint promise of getting an in/out referendum on Europe. However, I expect another relentless state/corporate media campaign to scare us into staying in the EU.

Labour will win the election. The 2010 election was always destined to result in a one term government of some sort. A big part of the reason why Labour didn't even bother trying to form a coalition IMO.

Labour did try to form a coalition.

Labour did try to form a coalition.

Gordon Brown tried to organise talks of a rainbow coalition involving the Lib Dems, SNP, Plaid, the Greens, the SDLP and the Alliance party, but many Labour backbenchers said they would refuse to support it and would rather just accept going in to opposition.

I'm going with the OP on this one.

Cameron playing the nationalist card in England (oh the fucking irony).

Labour in Scotland in disarray, their core support deserting them.

Mr Bean caught between two stools.

Yes losing their referendum. <_<

SNP losing their talismanic leader and ending up with the hopeless Sturgeon..

A hung parliament and a Lib Dem collapse are almost mutually exclusive. Given that outside of the Northern Irish seats there are about 10 MPs that don't belong to one of the big 3, if the Lib Dems are reduced to a handful of seats then it's almost impossible that one or the other isn't over 326, given that you could have well over 600 Lab and Con combined MPs.

Even allowing for the abstentionism of SF, you are still probably looking at 20 to 25 before any Lib Dems are factored in (they won't be completely wiped out, because they'll still have a few based on a personal vote plus Orkney & Shetland), so a hung parliament could easily happen in a close election.

Btw GD went in hiding for at least 2 days before posting his "defiant" sh**e posts

I dont think anyone will be taking posting tips from a self confessed liar who rocked up onto a fitba forum three days before the Indy ref for a bout of political trolling.

HTH.

I can see it being a hung parliament quite easily, and a minority government given the Lib Dems will have been obliterated also.

So, regardless of historical loyalties, if all those disavowed NO voters who've just been shafted, plus the 1.6m, plus anyone with a conscience, plus anyone with a moral compass all vote SNP and return 40-50 SNP MPs to Westminster wouldn't that give Scotland some very powerful negotiating tools in a minority government scenario. Hell, Cameron would probably let us go if it meant indomitable power in Englandshire.

Archived