Jim Murphy An Improvement On Johann Lamont?

Ludo*1

Let's face it, I fire improvements on Lamont down the pan on a daily basis, she really is easy to improve on, Sturgeon might be doing a Moyes though.

I'm sure if Moyes had spent years as second in command he wouldn't have lost the dressing room instantly.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would be a big improvement on Johann Lamont, so asking whether Murphy would be better is completely inconsequential to the question of whether he'd be a good leader of Scottish Labour.

I'm sure if Moyes had spent years as second in command he wouldn't have lost the dressing room instantly.

It has less to do with keeping the dressing room and more to do with following a top operator.

If Salmond had chosen to be a Tory or Labourite he'd have attained high office and shone in that role.

Haven't read this through but Murphy is a lying c**t. None of them improve on any other. They're all lying c***s - so no improvement is possible. He might speak better but it'll all be shite so makes no odds.

• 7 months later...

Clearly not an improvement. It was obvious from the start that he was sent from central office and is a proxy for the london branch. Lamont was an improvement on Gray by my reckoning.

ibdrCPyUMccTMv.gif

Wrong :thumbsdown

Yes

Wrong :lol:

An area they totally neglected during opposition in Holyrood. Lamont and that teacher guy that hid in Subway are fucking useless. I'm quite happy to see them with useless c***s as leaders regardless, and of course the SNP are going to have the utter shambles that will be Sturgeon so it should be quite funny at Holyrood, especially with some new "levers" for slaphead Swinney to pull, or more likely,quietly dump when nobody is looking so they can carry on pretending they are hard done to..

Right :thumsup2:thumsup2:thumsup2

I disagree. I'd say he's much more awful than people make out. A smug, dishonest, unprincipled, shouty wanker.

ETA: also sneering and opportunistic. If I think of any more. I'll let you know.

• 3 months later...

It's no accident he turned one of Scotland's safest Tory seat into one of Labour's safest.

Taking aside his politics he does have a reputation of being one of the hardest working constituency MPs - I think he averages something like 2 constituency surgeries a day - some going considering he's at Westminster for most of the week.

Politically he's not stupid either - has built his career on forging links with the right people - his flip-flop on Israel-Palestine is well-known - all related to getting the UJS vote to be elected President of NUS UK.

As a political operator he's probably smarter than Lamont - I'd be more worried over the sort of politics he'd bring.

Yip

I think he'd suit Sturgeon perfectly for debates and First Minister's questions. His style of debating is shouting and fire breathing which would play exactly into the hands of 'poor wee woman' Sturgeon who's used that tactic effectively numerous times before.

It's not hard to be an improvement on Lamont, she makes Gray look competent. It's a pity it'll all happen (If it does) after Salmond's long gone as I would have liked to see him dish out a weekly does of telt to Murphy, and there's no-one that could do it quite as good as Salmond can.

Never to be seen :(

Kezia an improvement on wee Jum?

Nope. I think she'll turn out to be exactly the same as him. She quite clearly hasn't learnt anything in the past few months - everything she does is still the "SNP bad" rubbish that lost them the votes in Scotland.

If she doesn't like what they do, then she should counter with better ideas of her own. Slagging everyone off gets nowhere.

Archived