Dundee United vs St Johnstone - 27/09/14

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd hate to go back to last year's United thread and see how many of us gave Erskine stick.

From not United quality to United quality.

Quite a transformation.

Of course we lost our first game against United last season as well. Before then going undefeated, culminating in a comfortable Scottish Cup Final win. :)

Yeah, but he was pish then. Got a song and standing applause when subbed today - changed days!

Maybe he was pish but there were many, including myself, who were prepared to write him off completely. Maybe it's just as well fans don't manage teams.

Maybe he was pish but there were many, including myself, who were prepared to write him off completely. Maybe it's just as well fans don't manage teams.

Its always the way, especially with wide men - Conway was hated by many for a long time!

I did genuinely think there was always a player in there somewhere, his pearler against St Mirren last year being a good example, but didn't think he'd ever amount to much at Tannadice. Inauspicious start to say the least.

Chuffed for him though. Full body minter that he was booed and ironically cheered off the pitch by some total zoomers on his home debut.

Apart from the two goals, that was as dull a game as I can remember. Nothing was really coming off for anyone, and St Johnstone rarely even attempted to attack.

Can't com pain that we keep picking up the points when we're playing poorly. I wonder if we'll ever get back to the form of last mid-season?

My highlight was Anderson raging to the ref for about two minutes after Ciftci ran into the back of him - gotta love a centre back who loves dishing it out, but cries like a wee girl when he gets it back!

Anderson is an absolute embarrassment of a player. Moaning and whining about being pushed over when his entire career has been based on fouling and cheating.

I was one of Erskine's biggest critics the whole 'not united quality' thing. I'll be the first to say gladly proved wrong, I will say one thing though he needs to keep his head up when running with the ball and he'll get on a lot better.

Loving Sean Dillions form right now, think he's been fantastic at left back.

I was a little disappointed with Jmac's subs today I'd have liked to see Telfer or Spittal get longer, there was no need to bring Armstrong or Gms on.

Ps Fojut is a legend and seems to love it at United, hopefully get his contract extended in the near future.

Being honest the Ciftci tackle on Anderson was a bit of a bad one. Maybe lucky not to see a red. Surprised Madden never jumped at the chance to send one of our players off.

It was a disgraceful tackle, he went in knee high and stamped, he could've broken Andersons leg. He was lucky not to be booked and sent off for the hilarious dive anyway, one of the worst attempts I've ever seen.

We were horrendous again, totally aimless and gutless. Maybe harsh but we can't keep sticking with Wright, he's clearly past it, and despite the odd good showing needs to be phased out, Mackays no longer up to playing right back either, so the solution is screaming at us there. McDonald is the eptimome of whats wrong with us just now, a pointless footballer who hides as much as possible but plays a pass every so often before shitting out of any other contribution. While Wotherspoons starting to show the form which explains why one of the worst Hibs teams in living memory released him. O'Halloran is still a greedy whore who needs to grow a brain, and Adam Morgan will forever be associated with the shite Summer that completely ruined our chances of growing as a club.

This game was pretty pointless as we were always going to lose, its even worse the fact its so obvious despite it only being several months since one of the best days of our life. My seethe for Steve Brown over this Summer will never fade tbh, an utter fucking waste of ten years hard work, shafted by one man.

Also the atmosphere was horrific. Two goals up, top of the league, absolutely cruising and there were two verses of two different songs over the 90 minutes. An astoundingly pathetic home support.

You can now pick up your toys!You've just described 5 of our small squad as inadequate,so we're down to a squad of 16!Thank feck TW knows more about a player than you.

Morgan isn't good enough, never will be. Wright isn't capable of performing at this level every week. McDonald adds nothing to the midfield. Please tell me I'm wrong on any of those points...

As for the others? O'Halloran is one of my favourite players, simple thing is he wastes numerous chances of setting someone up by simply refusing to release it at the right time. While Wotherspoon is in the worst form he's ever been in at us, he's the type of players who'll only get worse with the fans getting on his back, his time at Hibs proved this, eventually seeing him released.

Morgan is 6 months older than Kane,would you expect him to be Messi?Wright is getting slow on the turn,but is still a capable ch,Gary Mac was much better than Spoony and Croft at ball retention today.O'Hallaron can be frustrating,but that should be getting coached out of him by the management team.As an aside,tell Muzz and Frazer we were gutless to their faces

Its always the way, especially with wide men - Conway was hated by many for a long time!

Robson go so much stick from the George Fox when he played on the left at the back and on the wing, and he wasn't even doing badly. Imagine having to deal with that shite for half of your home games.

Also the atmosphere was horrific. Two goals up, top of the league, absolutely cruising and there were two verses of two different songs over the 90 minutes. An astoundingly pathetic home support.

Aw, petal. Winter's coming, now is knitting season fda0c8fdffc0b3d280cc94dbb4ebb4cd-d684tte

Passed the test. :)

Good to see Ciftci involved in both goals and our defence getting another clean sheet.

Well St J would be experts in pathetic home support so I'll take your word for it. ;)

Seriously though it wasn't the best atmos but after the excitement of the proper derby it was a dull as f**k game that was over as soon as United scored due to St J's lack of striker.

Davidson was terrible.

Considering he wasn't fit he done well. Shoved in at the last minute because of an injury and our complete lack of squad depth.

Morgan is 6 months older than Kane,would you expect him to be Messi?Wright is getting slow on the turn,but is still a capable ch,Gary Mac was much better than Spoony and Croft at ball retention today.O'Hallaron can be frustrating,but that should be getting coached out of him by the management team.As an aside,tell Muzz and Frazer we were gutless to their faces

I'd expect him to have shown something by now, best thing he's ever done for us is win a throw in against Inverness. He's just totally aimless and still looks shit scared of everything on the pitch. I'd happily see us play some 16 year old ahead of him, as he completely saps my enthusiasm. Wright is still capable yes, but not every week, he's getting ripped apart by any team every second week. McDonald played some nice cross field passes, but was involved in nothing in the opposition third, and was involved in nothing defensively, I genuinely forgot he was there for the majority of the match until he'd pop up to play a 3 yard pass 40 yards from our own goal. While people have been telling me O'Hallorans getting it coached out of him since he joined, its been almost a year and he's shown the singlest sign of improving that aspect of his game, he never will.

Aw, petal. Winter's coming, now is knitting season fda0c8fdffc0b3d280cc94dbb4ebb4cd-d684tte

Its bizarre, the stadium erupts every time theres somebody near a United player, or whenever Steven Anderson looks at the ball, but barely a murmur to celebrate the fact you're winning, or even to enjoy being top of the league. It was genuinely the most passionless home support I've ever witnessed, coming from a St Johnstone fan is bad enough, but I've also seen home supports of around 100 fans who've given more support to their side.

Passed the test. :)

Good to see Ciftci involved in both goals and our defence getting another clean sheet.

Well St J would be experts in pathetic home support so I'll take your word for it. ;)

Seriously though it wasn't the best atmos but after the excitement of the proper derby it was a dull as f**k game that was over as soon as United scored due to St J's lack of striker.

Yup, was a huge come down from the previous two games

Thought the home support was a few hundred down aswell on what you'd expect, also the home fans in the Jerry Kerr again was needless, just dilutes the support and affects the atmosphere

Archived