Dundee United vs St Johnstone - 27/09/14

United FLYING

Saints struggling for goals

Player closest to a goal machine unavailable

No other forwards fit bar Morgan

Away fae home

Everything points to an easy win for the camel jockeys. They simply CANNOT lose.
That'll be 3 points heading to Perth at 4.45pm this Saturday then :thumsup2

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

United FLYINGSaints struggling for goalsPlayer closest to a goal machine unavailableNo other forwards fit bar MorganAway fae home Everything points to an easy win for the camel jockeys. They simply CANNOT lose. That'll be 3 points heading to Perth at 4.45pm this Saturday then :thumsup2

That's what you get for leaving early and speeding.

I love the Saintees (apart from one of them), that Scottish Cup victory made me so happy, get in about them from the start, but watch out for the diving and rolling around, and the cheating. Away win.

10665098_839887532740672_743151359999389

:P

Can see it being another really tight game ala Dundee, Ross County and Motherwell at home. We just aren't as effective at home this season. Not the best at breaking teams down.

Hopefully an early goal opens things up and we can press high/break on them.

I love the Saintees (apart from one of them), that Scottish Cup victory made me so happy, get in about them from the start, but watch out for the diving and rolling around, and the cheating. Away win.

Biggie = stupidity with added bitterness.

Imagine taking such pleasure seeing your local rivals beaten in a major final.

Mind you since Dundee have not lifted a piece of serious silverware for 41 years it's about all you have to be happy about.

Biggie = stupidity with added bitterness.

Imagine taking such pleasure seeing your local rivals beaten in a major final.

Mind you since Dundee have not lifted a piece of serious silverware for 41 years it's about all you have to be happy about.

445-pound-yellowfin-tuna_Excel-Facebook_

I expect another tight game at Tannadice, the previous four have been so far this season, first goal crucial (only time we haven't got it is Celtic so far), Saints have the advantage of the day extra rest from midweek but are weakened in attack, reckon Jackie will make a couple changes from Wed night, can't see Armstrong starting

If Wright does opt to go with one up front today, the midfield need to be brave in possession despite the fact that Paton and Rankin will press them hard, as long balls to O'Halloran will get no joy. Part of this is self-inflicted with the signings we've made but I think any side in the league would struggle if you took four or five strikers out of the mix that would have been available in different recent circumstances. It will be one our best results since returning to the top league in 2009 if we get three points today. A point will be worth celebrating.

If Wright does opt to go with one up front today, the midfield need to be brave in possession despite the fact that Paton and Rankin will press them hard, as long balls to O'Halloran will get no joy. Part of this is self-inflicted with the signings we've made but I think any side in the league would struggle if you took four or five strikers out of the mix that would have been available in different recent circumstances. It will be one our best results since returning to the top league in 2009 if we get three points today. A point will be worth celebrating.

Excuses in Early Counter winner of the season so far.

Excuses in Early Counter winner of the season so far.

He's spot on, to be fair.

The midfield selection is vital to our chances in this one, really hoping Muzz can make it but its asking a lot of him. I'm going to this game without much hope, McNamara still seems like a seething mess about being completely dominated by Tommy Wright last season and will be hoping to make a point here, with the attacking prowess United have we could struggle badly. In saying that TW just has to stick up what McNamaras being saying about us to motivate the team.

Archived