Nope

forever_blue

First decent size home invader of the spider season, one house spider measuring 2cm body and 5cm length from leg tip to leg tip. Edit - I think its leg to leg length from tip to tip is a bit more than 5cm now looking at the photos.
Still there above the landing window, very awkward place to try and trap it, so having to wait until it moves.
Also took the precaution of blocking any escape under furniture etc.
DSC_0085.thumb.JPG.9e71907ac617de8fbdcfa50d6d406624.JPG
DSC_0084.thumb.JPG.f24b96191caae1d0a38bcdd9d0ab6ba2.JPG [mention=9645]KnightswoodBear[/mention]
Don't think I'd bother trying to trap that.

I'd just burn my house down instead.

First decent size home invader of the spider season, one house spider measuring 2cm body and 5cm length from leg tip to leg tip. Edit - I think its leg to leg length from tip to tip is a bit more than 5cm now looking at the photos, 6.5 cm now looking at. Edit Edit - if I keep on with this by this evening I'll be telling you its so big I had to buy it a dog basket and having to padlock the fridge.
Still there above the landing window, very awkward place to try and trap it, so having to wait until it moves.
Also took the precaution of blocking any escape under furniture etc.
DSC_0085.thumb.JPG.9e71907ac617de8fbdcfa50d6d406624.JPG
DSC_0084.thumb.JPG.f24b96191caae1d0a38bcdd9d0ab6ba2.JPG [mention=9645]KnightswoodBear[/mention]
One of them c***s in my living room the other night. Fast as f**k. Had to chase the swine all over. Plus, quoting younmeans another tag for the baby handed shitebag

I easily caught it using an empty pickle jar, the usual coffee jar was too small and there would have been a chance I could have injured its legs, so couldn't risk it.
Imagine doing this in Australia with Huntsman spiders.  ''pah! house spiders, call that a spider?''

Spiders in Australia are dogs.

I hate to destroy the myth but you see far, far more spiders in Scotland than Australia in my experience. We never have any in our house due to a combination of having two cats and spiders not having to come into people's homes for a heat. I noticed spiders all over people's houses the last couple of times I've been back in Scotland. Granted, the bites are a bit more poisonous here but you're unlikely to get bitten if they're not in your house. 

That refers specifically to Perth btw - when I used to work for a guy in Queensland he had loads of huntsman spiders the size of T-Rexs running about his garden outhouses:

"They're harmless, here, hold one."

"I appreciate the offer Ray, but I'm good thanks."

I hate to destroy the myth but you see far, far more spiders in Scotland than Australia in my experience. We never have any in our house due to a combination of having two cats and spiders not having to come into people's homes for a heat. I noticed spiders all over people's houses the last couple of times I've been back in Scotland. Granted, the bites are a bit more poisonous here but you're unlikely to get bitten if they're not in your house. 
That refers specifically to Perth btw - when I used to work for a guy in Queensland he had loads of huntsman spiders the size of T-Rexs running about his garden outhouses:
Well my cat is a fucking shitebag, and point blanknrefuses to deal with spiders.

Although there was a dead pigeon left at the door yesterday which I suspect may have been his doing.

6 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Ray sounds like an arsehole tbf. I assume he’s now under Deeman’s patio.

I looked him up last year and up until 2016 at least, old Ray was still with us although with no thanks to mother nature...

https://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/lifestyle/beaches-and-fishing/gold-coast-homes-will-be-lost-to-massive-storms-if-plans-for-20m-reef-at-palm-beach-stall/news-story/3b630e55b1c2c338e596a8a9934d58d5

Screenshot_20200911-211426_Chrome.jpg

On 11/09/2020 at 23:17, Dee Man said:

Old Man Yells At Sea

That as it may be, I'd rather keep a house full of 100 cats than a single tiger.

The wee (big?) fuckers over there are just, well they are just nope.

On 11/09/2020 at 08:07, Dee Man said:

Not sure if I was disappointed or relieved that the sum total of spiders and snakes I seen when in Australia a few years ago was 1 of each, as far as I recall anyway. Certainly very few.

• 2 weeks later...

Tasmanian Devils being reintroduced to the wild in Australia after an absence of 3000 years. Apparently they pose "no threat to humans". Yes, those teeth and jaws look completely harmless. Good luck to the first person who accidentally stumbles across a protective mother with a newborn litter. 292867739_unnamed(1).png.d96939e08efac2b34b5d7cbe2198680f.png1241728160_images-2020-10-05T190645_509.jpeg.38b3b3bbf2f979fa679cc09655fe7682.jpeg

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2020/oct/05/tasmanian-devils-released-into-sanctuary-north-of-sydney-in-step-towards-rewilding