Nicola Sturgeon

ICTJohnboy

Won't wee Nicola be too busy getting pumped by all the blokes who said 'wid' to have time for other duties or are these polls merely an expression of interest?

Anyway, Gail Porter in a Jimmy wig IMO.

^^^

No bad, no bad at all :lol:

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

teen lust I'm afraid, it was between her and Bo Derek iirc

The actual f**k? Bo Derek aye, especially in that film "10" with the dreadlocks and swimsuit, but Maggie Thatcher? That's got to be the kinkiest thing I've ever heard in my entire life.

And I know SJC.

She is hopeless.

I truly hope Hosie gets the deputy leadership. That would be utter hilarity all round. For all the chat about mass membership of the SNP and all the rest of it lets hope they bring some political talent to their party as its sadly lacking after Salmond waddled off into the sunset with his tail between his legs

She's the only choice. I like her.

It'll be a good reflection on Scottish politics - despite the lack of talent we have in other areas, particulary in Labour - that a woman from a working class background can become FM. In London, all we have are a bunch of white male millionaires - fckn all of them! Cameron, Clegg, Miliband, Farage and Johnson - barely a fag paper between them.

She is hopeless.

I truly hope Hosie gets the deputy leadership. That would be utter hilarity all round. For all the chat about mass membership of the SNP and all the rest of it lets hope they bring some political talent to their party as its sadly lacking after Salmond waddled off into the sunset with his tail between his legs

So Salmond was talented?

Don't think you've mentioned that before.

Nicola would be my first choice (joined SNP on Friday, and turns out I actually get to vote in this :thumsup2 )

I think the authority will suit her and she will grow into the role.

The question about deputy is interesting. I would ideally go for Humza Yousaf, but he is a West of Scotland candidate and MSP, and I get the impression a East/North or MSP/MP would be preferable.

I would also be tempted to go for Alyn Smith, who is an MEP, but he might be perceived as a being a bit distant in Brussels and Strasbourg.

Angus Robertson, therefore, would be the ideal candidate for deputy imo.

I like c***s like you. Scotland + Rangers fan without being a sheepy unionist. Played.

Now looks set to take over from Eck as SNP Leader and First Minister.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-25333635

Good appointment for the SNP?

Will she enhance or devalue Scotland's chances of becoming an independent nation?

Think everyone knows she is the best candidate for the job.

Not really sure she will enhance or devalue as I don't she is as good as Alex Salmond but she is very good politician. Alex Salmond will be a difficult to follow as John Swinney found out and I bet the Union parties was happy to see Salmond resign.

Agree with that - in fact I can see Robertson as a future leader.

I do believe Eck will prove to be a hard act for Nicola to follow all the same.

Double agree - always been a fan of Robertson, but think Nicola has really proven herself in this referendum and will be ideal for what could potentially be a tricky period for SNP.

I like c***s like you. Scotland + Rangers fan without being a sheepy unionist. Played.

:cheers

I can't see Nicola Sturgeon delivering even a tenth of the seethe of former first minister and Britain-wide obsession Alex Salmond, which will be terrible for the lols but perhaps a good thing for the yes campaign going forward.

I see Keith Brown is up for deputy.

God help us of he gets it. Hopeless as Clackmanannshire council leader. Had a few run ins with him then and unless he's been eating loads of fish, thick as two short planks.

Definitely a weak link imo. Is humza yousef going for it?

I can't see Nicola Sturgeon delivering even a tenth of the seethe of former first minister and Britain-wide obsession Alex Salmond, which will be terrible for the lols but perhaps a good thing for the yes campaign going forward.

David Torrance had a pretty interesting article on Salmond about how he couldn't totally rid himself of the habit he had picked up as a minorty leader, mostly about making audacious comments from leftfield that would create said seethe even when he was FM. There is certainly some truth to that I think.

Brown's a bit of an uninspirational choice. Would have liked to see Yousaf get it. Seems to have a bit of talent about him and is young enough to be seen as a good understudy type figure.

Don't think Hosie would be a great shout either.

I would have liked to have seen Yousaf get it also, but people are quick to forget that he is only 28. There will be plenty of opportunities for him in the future I think and could definitely see him being the SNP leader someday.

I find both Brown and Hosie a bit underwhelming. The less said about Brown's handling of the border's railway line and the shitting it of Clackmannanshire's yes vote the better. I think Hosie would be better placed in replacing the SNP whip John Wilson with his experience as a deputy whip to Westminster MPs.

Angus Robertson would be IMO the way to go, especially with the Westminster general elections around the corner. It would give out the message that they are at least willing to try and make this union work, for now.

Archived