Nicola Sturgeon

ICTJohnboy

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Strangest reply was from Hosie who said Yes would win by a bigger majority than what many believed. Which I thought was strange and something he didn't really need to say. He could have made a similar comment to Kennedy and changed it to Yes winning narrowly, but he didn't.

Snigger.

Strangest reply was from Hosie who said Yes would win by a bigger majority than what many believed. Which I thought was strange and something he didn't really need to say. He could have made a similar comment to Kennedy and changed it to Yes winning narrowly, but he didn't.

Snigger.

That certainly was a bold statement.

That certainly was a bold statement.

Indeed. :D

The reply to it from ayrmad at the time was amusing also, but I'll spare his blushes and not bring it up.

He's suffered enough...

The Deputy leadership race looks pretty interesting - Brown seems to have the most instituional support.

Sillars endorsing him is interesting, I would have thought Anglea Constance's pitch to the party base would have swung Sillars to her but i guess not.

Meanwhile, Labiour for Indy and Business for Scotland have backed Hosie, two groups who symbolically were improtant in the whole Yes movement.

I'd say brown will win right now, but with the huge growth in SNP membership who knows?

Sturgeon to hold Rally in the 12,000 seated hydro in November. That's just incredible no matter what way you look at it!

No other party leader could do that right now

Does the Hydro hold 12,000? Jesus.

I'm not sure that's a good thing in all honesty. The Yes campaign made a huge deal about being inclusive, something that the SNP need to continue to build on their support. Holding massive, grumpy rallies wont dont that IMO and will just make the party look like a fringe movement.

I'm not sure that's a good thing in all honesty. The Yes campaign made a huge deal about being inclusive, something that the SNP need to continue to build on their support. Holding massive, grumpy rallies wont dont that IMO and will just make the party look like a fringe movement.

You can bring a non-SNP member along if you wish.

Also, the RIC Rally in the 3,000 seater Clyde Auditorium the same day Saturday 22nd November

Sturgeon to hold Rally in the 12,000 seated hydro in November. That's just incredible no matter what way you look at it!

The seething fall out from the referendum is still strong enough for the Yes vote to still have something, (just anything ) to cling on to, it's nothing to do with wee Nicky's popularity as the new leader.

The seething fall out from the referendum is still strong enough for the Yes vote to still have something, (just anything ) to cling on to, it's nothing to do with wee Nicky's popularity as the new leader.

The "seethe" is only coming from one side.

I'll give you a hint. It's not from the people who voted for change

they should keep the still game set up because it sounds like it will be some laugh. Maybe even have a scene with her and auld alec as pensioners in their70s crying into their drinks as they reminice on how they came so close yet so far.

they should keep the still game set up because it sounds like it will be some laugh. Maybe even have a scene with her and auld alec as pensioners in their70s crying into their drinks as they reminice on how they came so close yet so far.

I thought the end result was a trouncing? :huh:

The full tour is:

Dumfries

Friday 31 October, Easterbrook Hall

Dundee

Friday 7 November, Caird Hall

Inverness

Monday 10 November, Eden Court Theatre

Glasgow

Saturday 22 November, The SSE Hydro

Aberdeen

Sunday 7 December, Music Hall

Must be nearly 20,000 all together. Rallying the troops for the general election will be the main aim I think.

You don't really know how people will do in these jobs - John Major and Gordon Brown were both thought to be the top choices and the natural successors but they were both varying degrees of disaster. Nicola Sturgeon is clearly the best choice though.

One big challenge for Sturgeon in terms of the SNP will be how to deal with the demands of the thousands of new members, many of whom might have different ideas about the direction of the SNP than the current leadership.

You don't really know how people will do in these jobs - John Major and Gordon Brown were both thought to be the top choices and the natural successors but they were both varying degrees of disaster. Nicola Sturgeon is clearly the best choice though.

One big challenge for Sturgeon in terms of the SNP will be how to deal with the demands of the thousands of new members, many of whom might have different ideas about the direction of the SNP than the current leadership.

Really? By whom.

She'll round them up no problem!

Archived