Yes Events - Anyone started going?

JogaBonito

As per title.

Personally I've been to two, a debate in the admiral bar and a radical independence movement meeting at the art union just the other day.

The turnout have been absolutely amazing, and considering that this is all grass-roots, further adds to the impressiveness. For example, the admiral bar was packed, both down- (170 capacity) and upstairs, so people had to flock to Yes bar to watch the live-stream. The RIC meeting was also well received.

It's good to know Scotland is filled with a ton of smart folk who can express their passionate views both eloquently and succintly, and we're not all a bunch of daft scroungers as others might like to think.

On other note, any-one been doing charity/apolitical/community political stuff? Apparently the number of volunteers at food-banks has risen steadily. Might give it a go and try one day a week.

Cheers.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was a local campaign meeting on Tuesday which I couldn't go to due to working late every fucking Tuesday :thumbsdown It's probably better I keep my membership activity as clandestine as possible given my job. Not that it's illegal I'm just not going to give them license to be c***s about it.

But I have already volunteered to take care of a part of any campaigns on the go and I will play my part in making things happen.

I would go apart from one small thing. My earth still revolves!

This.

This will end up like the gym in the new year, loads of folk making the effort in January but come February they'll all have chucked it because they've got more important stuff to do like watch eastenders.

This.

This will end up like the gym in the new year, loads of folk making the effort in January but come February they'll all have chucked it because they've got more important stuff to do like watch eastenders.

Seems like a lot of folk that spent the past couple of years utterly obsessed, suddenly discovering its all over and they are no longer needed. As you say, the novelty will have worn off pretty rapidly for the bulk of them before the winters out.

Seems like a lot of folk that spent the past couple of years utterly obsessed, suddenly discovering its all over and they are no longer needed. As you say, the novelty will have worn off pretty rapidly for the bulk of them before the winters out.

Just like your banter :)

Just like the Euro :lol:

Yeah, I can see this happening. Hopefully not though, but imagine for many this is almost giving the SNP, Greens, SSP, a sympathy vote with their cash in a way of saying cheers for giving it a go, and we support you for that.

I hope people are remembering there is an election in May and if this Alliance that people are talking of does work on and the majority of people remain engaged then they could unseat a lot of Labour and Lib MPs.

Could be fairly interesting also if the hardcore Unionists do the opposite and tacticaly vote for their strongest MP option to try unwith the Yes parties.

We could have disgruntled Labour voters voting for the SNP , and Tories in Glasgow etc voting Labour, and then in the SNP heartlands - Labour voters voting Tory.

Would be going to a Green meeting at the West of Scotland Cricket Ground if I wasn't working. Know quite a few who've never been involved in stuff like that who will be attending though.

Excuses for not attending coming out already. Not even been a week and the enthusiasm is shot.

I mean really? Who would vote yes that really had a job?

Excuses for not attending coming out already. Not even been a week and the enthusiasm is shot.

I mean really? Who would vote yes that really had a job?

:lol: Thinks 45% of the Scottish voting population is unemployed but still believes we're better together.

Sounds about right.

Archived