Hibs v Raith Rovers

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hibs wont be able to hit us on the break like they did to Rangers because we'll hardly venture out our own half. I predict a bore, with Hibs scoring from a couple of set pieces - corners likely as we cant defend them.

Hibs wont be able to hit us on the break like they did to Rangers because we'll hardly venture out our own half. I predict a bore, with Hibs scoring from a couple of set pieces - corners likely as we cant defend them.

can't defend them? You been at many games this year? We've defended set pieces brilliantly this year so far..

Btw I'm enjoying everyone stating matter of factly that we'll lose here because "beating Rangers and then losing to Raith would be so Hibs". I must've missed the dramatic Rangers comeback last night after they made it 3-1 and everyone made the same assertion that we'd definitely chuck it because we're Hibs.

If Hibs got promoted this year and won the treble next year, everyone won be on here after the trophies were won saying "they're going to somehow not pick up the trophy, that would be so Hibs".

People say these things because Hibs are generally shite.

Fucking hell when did such a high proportion of Rovers fans on here turn into a miserable bunch of self pitying, joyless pessimists. Chin up lads.

The natural assumption is that a team would take confidence from hammering Rangers and build on it in the next game. But this is Hibs we're talking about so definitely all to play for.

Off Saturday so will venture through. Been getting somewhat miffed by the team so far and I can't put my finger on why. I've seen us play worse football and enjoyed it more than I am just now. I put a lot of it down to the fact I just can't take to a lot of the players. Would usually be looking forward to a game like this but as of right now, I am not.

I hope Murray has learnt from previous games vs the bigger teams. I'll go 0-0.

Other than the Dundee game where we conceded from a corner, when else have we let in a goal from one?

Other than the Dundee game where we conceded from a corner, when else have we let in a goal from one?

Technically, Keating's free-kick against Hearts. But that is being pedantic more than anything else.

Incidently, I think that defensively we still have a lot of room for moving forward. We're still waiting for Hill and Barr to come back, as opposed to having the options of Perry and Ellis (who, admittedly has been doing fine recently despite his age). The problem is going forward, and our lack of goals up top. Hopefully one of them clicks into something resembling goalscoring form.

can't defend them? You been at many games this year? We've defended set pieces brilliantly this year so far..

OK, 'cant defend' is an exaggeration, but no more than 'brilliantly', which is certainly not a word that can be applied to us, so dont object to hyperbole when youre guilty of it yourself.

As a matter of fact we've been susceptible from corners and free kicks for a considerable time. I expect us to be subjected to a few on Saturday, so maybe we'll see.

I'm always of the opinion that when supporting your team there has to be a fair dosage of blind faith.

Certainly their win over Rangers certainly sounds impressive, however it seems as if they have some real serious issues playing out of Easter Road. So just enough of a shred for me to retain that blind faith.

I'm looking for both Rory and Jason to really bomb on and try and get in behind and overload their wing backs, however both will need to be up for a big shift up either flank.

Nade will be the main focal point of attack but we really need Stewart starting and buzzing about and feeding off Nade.

2 - 1 to the Rovers.

Hibs on a high after beating Zombie X1. This is just set up for a Rovers sneaky win.

1-0 Rovers.

Nade to run about like a heidless chicken as per, young Laidlaw to pull of more great saves and still avoid being man of the match. Goal an oggy (well ye widny expect a Rovers player to score!)

Due a meek defeat at £aster R22d and i'm fully expecting to get it tomorrow. Mind you we can defend now with Laurie looking in good nick. If Hibs have a big striker and play 3 5 2 I don't think we really have an answer for either.

Been talked into it though so kaman

Archived