Partick Thistle vs Motherwell - 04/10/14

Only 2 players started who weren't in our title winning team. Impressed with Craigen although I slated him earlier, Stevenson going to need to work hard to get back in. Seabo a rock at the back again and great to see Eccy get involved for the 3rd goal

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well that was some sensational shit right there.

Seaborne is an absolute monster at the back. Balatoni could've sat about picking his nose and Seaborne still would've been fine. Next window if possible we really need further reinforcements at CB. I'm also happy keeping the combo of SOD and McMillan in the full back slots.

Bar the horrendous period between Wells goal and our last we looked not bad at all. Decision making at times was a bit slow but all in all I'm happy with how that panned out. Well really look devoid of spark and just seemed a bit meh. Sutton didn't cause anywhere near as many problems as he should have. They also gave us all the time in the world to play and were sloppy in possession.

Well goal was fucking sexy though.

Partick's stadium announcer needs shot.

Agreed.

Not the flashiest performance but a solid one and a well deserved win. Thought our back 4, Osman and Bannigan were excellent. Lawless looked dangerous although he didn't get the ball enough - his ball through to Bannigan for his goal was sensational. Good for Doolan to get another goal. Elliott did well. Craigen, meh - was anonymous in the first half but better in the second. Overall, very pleased and surprised as I'd have taken a draw before the game.

Motherwell were very poor. Ojamaa was their only threat. Sutton looked like a right carthorse. Wouldn't be surprised if they finished bottom 6. Great goal though.

Great solid performance, Fox is a cracking shot stopper, not soo good at the catching though. I thought Elliot and O'donnell done really well and Craigen was the right choice ahead of Stevenson, great to see us capeable of winning without Higgy!

Took a real perverse pleasure in reading back through the whole thread after the game. We're an optimistic bunch, eh? :-D

I think every time we're pessemistic about a game we win, should keep that up.

And yeah Fox did well today bar his catching. The Motherwell goal was a screamer and he had no chance of getting to that, took me a few seconds to beleive it went in.

I knew as soon as we started that cheering at every pass thing they were going to score, didn't think it would have been a goal quite like that though!

It was proper cringe doing that at only 2-0 up with a fair while to go.

I wonder what Stuart McCall's plans are for the break? Will he be staying behind to work with his team or making the tea for WGS?

Seems like we lost a couple of games and people pished their pants.

Not really. Think it was more to do with our best player being out and quite a few others being doubts.

FTW

WINKER

Well done Thistle.

We are now officially a bottom 6 side and most probably in a season long battle to avoid bottom 2 places.

Was always on the cards at some point, but not even I could see us going from 2nd top to 2nd bottom in such a short space of time.

I would get the players to earn their money and put them on triple training sessions and give them a f~ckin bollocking. Starting to wonder if mccall is the man to do that.

He has earned the right for a couple more months, but if we are still as sh1t as this come December - bye bye

Just about every Thistle fan who posted here has been made to look a bit of a dick, myself included. Good news is we're at Tannadice next and, again, I think we're going to get humped.

We were good today, it's obvious that Seaborne and Osman are our key players and we need both of them in the team, both were solid and more than compensated for the odd bit of slackness from elsewhere in the team. On top of being reasonably sound at the back for a change, Lawless was on fire in the first half, possibly the best I've seen him since we came up. Higginbotham wasn't missed at all, and as big a bonus as it is to have him, it's nice that we can score three good goals without him.

Motherwell were pish though tbf, their biggest threat until Ainsworth came on was Stephen O'Donnell's odd bit of suicide decision-making at right back. Their goal was a cracker, but the ball was cheaply given away from Seaborne trying to find Craigen when we'd have been better just knocking it about the back four.

Only pangs of disappointment were when I thought the first and third goals were scored by Christie. He really is only here to score the goal that wins us the Scottish Cup.

Didn't think there was much in it things may have gone differently if Henriks early effort goes in instead of hitting the bar.

The tracking back was awful from vigurs for thistles first and law for their second. I'm not even gonna comment on bad the third goal was defensively.

Josh law needs to be dropped in my opinion him and carswell didn't contribute enough with the ball but the whole team seem to have forgotten how to play football too many times we seem to revert to a long ball and the thistle players were given way too much time on the ball. At least I seen a goal this week screamer an all

We really need to beat Dundee next time out because I can't see us getting any points out the three Friday fixtures

Archived