Partick Thistle vs Motherwell - 04/10/14

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How old is he turning? If of drinking age then a mini crawl along Great Western Road is a decent way to spend a birthday.

There's a big ol deflated atmosphere around Thistle just now and I expect a low turn out on Saturday. A draw will be ok with me really but I imagine Archie will persist with meh tactics and line up leading to another loss. Desperately want Fox out that team.

He's gonna be four so the pub crawl will have to wait until he reaches 6 I'm afraid.

There will be birthday cake and sweets in the away stand on Saturday though.

Higgy looks as if he'll be missing for a few weeks. With him, Seaborne and Fraser (Welsh too) going to be missing a decent amount of games in the first 3rd of the season you could say we've been unlucky but the fact is we lack quality in depth - especially in Seaborne and Higgy's positions.

Archie told the ET that Seabourne is likely to be fit despite getting a cut just above his eye that required a few stitches. Sadly Higgy seems a doubt. I can see Carroll playing a left midfield role with either McMillan or possibly Keenan playing at left back. I'd like to see SOD back if fit. If not Archibald could give Muirhead a run at right back or even Christie. We need to sort the midfield out a bit as Bannigan seems to get caught on his wrong foot quite often in recent games. Upfront is a worry too as Ecclestone ain't match fit and Doolan has been pretty ineffective so far.

I'd go as follows for Saturday:

Gallacher©

O'Donnell Balatoni Seabourne McMillan

Osman Bannigan

Lawless Stevenson Carroll

Doolan

It'll probably end up a horrendous 0-0 or 5-4 in a comedy style end to end game where every other shot ends up in the net...

Both sets of fans seem scunnered by the start to the season their team has made.

Probably more of a surprise for us given the previous 3 to 4 seasons.

Whoever loses this game probably confirms bottom 6 even this early in the season.

Sumbody selling Prozac would make a killing around 2pm at Firhill this Saturday.....

Since neither team can keep a clean sheet I will go for a high scoring draw - 2-2 or 3-3

No Higgy for Thistle by the looks of it which means we have hee haw chance of scoring. St Mirren were rank rotten all season and came to Firhill and got the 3 points, Motherwell will do the same, although they've been shite they have too much quality for us.

a few things that will happen:

Bannigan to get booked for a foul on Lasley.

Balatoni to slip on his arse.

Archie to bring on Craigen and Elliott for Lawless and Stevenson at some point.shite for shite.

Sutton to score

Motherwell to win.

absolutely buzzing for the game. :lol::thumsup2

I'll be missing this due to moving house, but I get the feeling that's a good thing. I just can't see us performing without Higginbotham unfortunately, we have nothing coming in to replace him. I hope to be pleasantly surprised, but can see another disappointing defeat. If that happens, I just hope Stevenson scores. At the moment he's pretty useless, but a goal might change him.

Assuming Higginbotham is out, I'd play:

Gallagher

O'Donnell Balatoni Seabourne McMillan

Osman Bannigan

Lawless Stevenson/Craigen Elliott

Doolan

Subs: Fox, Carroll, Muirhead, Wilson, Stevenson/Craigen, McDaid, Eccleston

That substitutes bench in particular being symptomatic about the dire situation we're in at the moment.

But Archibald will probably keep Carroll in the team and McMillan at right back, and might drop Doolan either in favour of moving Stevenson back up-front again or for Eccleston.

Sutton to score anytime is buying money. As soon as our defence comes up against someone with any sort of height, they shite themselves.

Motherwell to win this fairly comfortably, if Higginbotham is indeed injured. If Seabourne was/is out then we'd be in for even more of a doing. Archie won't drop Carroll, despite him getting turned inside out last weekend. Would love to see the defence the exact same as it was on the first day of the season, but its never gonna happen. Stevenson and Doolan will both start, Elliot will come in for Higgy.

2-0 Motherwell. Sutton and Lasley (since he seems to like scoring against us) to get them. I won't be caring too much since it's my birthday the day before and I'll be too pished to notice the score.

I won't be caring too much since it's my birthday the day before and I'll be too pished to notice the score.

Same here, although I'm more likely to be hungover than still drunk unless I've made it to the pub early enough on Saturday afternoon. With Dundee Utd and St Johnstone coming up after this we could easily have a zero points October if we get beat here.

Agree with everyone dropping Carroll and playing the back 4 that started the season. I see Eccleston and Muirhead are currently playing for the development squad but barring further injuries I expect Elliott for Higgy to be the only change from last Saturday. Depressing lack of options.

You lot are next. Mainly due to me wanting to go to the cinema pretty much right after I watch some football. So it's into the Jackie Husband for me!

You really don't like your own team much these days do you?

Archived