Poll tax

SFLKING

Gifford got absolutely torn to shreds in most humiliating fashion. I almost felt embarrassed for him. Aberdeen Council are getting quite a name for themselves nationally for all the wrong reasons. This latest public humiliation for one of its members must surely make their electorate ask serious questions of their ability.

They already have and have made moves to nullify Barney "the Rocket" Crocket and his side-kick Willie Young.

However, this time it is my very own Aberdeenshire council that are making c***s of themselves. I suppose that is what happens when you have a Tory as the head of the council.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Erm, yes, I am...what are you on about?

I'm actually listening to Salmond on Call kaye just now - fair play to him. not really suire what to make out of all of this

:lol:

Sorry, I meant you = Banterous.

I doubt if he's be content with that. Banning people from having a contrary opinion is more his style

If only Scottish politics actually was more like Pie & Bovril.

Salmond handing out warning posts and bannings as a mod would be a good thing, imo

;)

They already have and have made moves to nullify Barney "the Rocket" Crocket and his side-kick Willie Young.

However, this time it is my very own Aberdeenshire council that are making c***s of themselves. I suppose that is what happens when you have a Tory as the head of the council.

Aberdeen(shire) council are infamour for their idiocy. I wonder if they still have their polis chasing male-strippers as 'impersonating the police'?

The poverty of the Unionist parties laid bare.

Salmond on fine form tearing this Tory a new one.

No Salmond is making a calculated political move to retain votes and ensure the SNP don't lose any support. Did you come up the Clyde in a f**king bubble???!!

Your're making an arse of yourself again. Are you Jim Gifford in disguise?

Aberdeen(shire) council are infamour for their idiocy. I wonder if they still have their polis chasing male-strippers as 'impersonating the police'?

The poverty of the Unionist parties laid bare.

Salmond on fine form tearing this Tory a new one.

No, not having it. Do NOT confuse Aberdeen City and Aberdeenshire. The City have always been a joke and shire are only now trying to match them after years of being seen as the sensible one.

Just returned after duties with the bairns to find loads of embarrassing posts from Jim Gifford, er Menzies Campbell, er Banterous. He now seems to have the left the building...

WILL_BE_CLAMPED.gif

No, not having it. Do NOT confuse Aberdeen City and Aberdeenshire. The City have always been a joke and shire are only now trying to match them after years of being seen as the sensible one.

Oops! Didn't know there were two authorities.

Salmond will be no more soon and dialing into Radio Scotland phone ins on the "evil BBC" who are part of a "global conspiracy" will be his main time filler just before he starts shouting at Party political campaign vans and passers by in subways

"Labour had said the poll tax was unfair and immoral"

http://www.bigissue.com/features/3823/poll-tax-the-battle-that-divided-britain

That's a political statement. I don't fault them or indeed Salmond for pointing out the legality of pursuing a tax that is more than 20 years old. I would have thought he had a responsibility not to make it an encouragement towards sedition; "this is an example of frightening people out of the right to vote". However he is a liar so that's about right; "we'll work together"

Salmond will be no more soon and dialing into Radio Scotland phone ins on the "evil BBC" who are part of a "global conspiracy" will be his main time filler just before he starts shouting at Party political campaign vans and passers by in subways

For context, do you have links to these quotes?

That's a political statement. I don't fault them or indeed Salmond for pointing out the legality of pursuing a tax that is more than 20 years old. I would have thought he had a responsibility not to make it an encouragement towards sedition; "this is an example of frightening people out of the right to vote". However he is a liar so that's about right; "we'll work together"

Do you realise you sound actually mentally ill?

I have never seen anyone get so wound up over one person in my entire life. I think you are a potential danger to the public.

For context, do you have links to these quotes?

The one about the media conspiracy where Salmond claimed the media were trying to scare people into voting No?

Or the ones about retail, banking etc organisations warning us and then Salmond telling us they were trying to frighten us?

Nah I don't mate. Why not google the search terms on News eh?

Do you realise you sound actually mentally ill?

I have never seen anyone get so wound up over one person in my entire life. I think you are a potential danger to the public.

Describing what the soon to be ex-FM has been up to is mental tbh. Phoning into radio stations FFS!!!???? The guy's nuts

The one about the media conspiracy where Salmond claimed the media were trying to scare people into voting No?

Or the ones about retail, banking etc organisations warning us and then Salmond telling us they were trying to frighten us?

Nah I don't mate. Why not google the search terms on News eh?

If you can't provide the source, don't quote somebody. "Cretin".

Describing what the soon to be ex-FM has been up to is mental tbh. Phoning into radio stations FFS!!!???? The guy's nuts

Hardly nuts. The leader of a local authority had been making illegal threats to try and scare people back off the voter's roll.

You, my friend, are clinging onto reality by the very edge of your fingernails. Seek help. Swiftly.

Archived